• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hacked Pokemon on the GTS

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I would like to get legit pokemon as well, I just got a lv. 99 Ursaring that was caught at lv. 99. Sure it is still a pokemon, but I would rather get one that was caught and raised with passion.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I always wondered why the GTS wouldn't allow you to see the summary of a Pokémon, or why they took the ability to see the level in Platinum (a developer must be laughing at us right now when we attempt to trade a poke only to find out that it isn't the proper level...).

Anyways, you took the risk of the GTS, and you lost. I feel sorry for you...

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Yes. I traded away my legit Froslass that was at level 83 and I recieved a Lv. 100 Phione. I was really happy as well.....until I found out he captured it on route 228...I basically wasted a Froslass. I can't get rid of this Phione now.

Years
    • DC
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    To avoid this, try thinking like a hacker. They can hack anything they want into the game... So they're really just looking for level 100's of obscure stuff- or legit pokemon. How I avoided this was getting all valuable pokemon by myself... I only use the GTS for loose-end pokemon from games I don't have access to. Asking for a lvl 100 or an event pokemon = you're getting a hacked pokemon, chances are. If you put up your fresh Palkia... It's lvl 70, etc, hackers are going to assume it's legit, and hack whatever you want for it to get it. So you lost a pokemon you can only get once-per-playthrough for a hacked pokemon.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the eggs from hacked pokemon are legit.

However, the difference only really matters if you plan on doing something with them that requires you to not have hacked pokemon. There is no practical difference in a pokemon generated by your cartrige, or a AR device or something... Unless they nerf it or something trying to be cute.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I hate this. You spend your time training a Pokemon in order to get something of equal or greater value. Someone else cheats a Pokemon to get something legit and greater.

The only thing you can do at this point is trade it again... That or do the dupication glitch.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Eh il lkeep it hacked or not. Im just gonna throw in the box. Plus its only a problem to me if its stats are hacked other then that and it has regular lvl 100 stats not that big a deal.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • To avoid this, try thinking like a hacker. They can hack anything they want into the game... So they're really just looking for level 100's of obscure stuff- or legit pokemon. How I avoided this was getting all valuable pokemon by myself... I only use the GTS for loose-end pokemon from games I don't have access to. Asking for a lvl 100 or an event pokemon = you're getting a hacked pokemon, chances are. If you put up your fresh Palkia... It's lvl 70, etc, hackers are going to assume it's legit, and hack whatever you want for it to get it. So you lost a pokemon you can only get once-per-playthrough for a hacked pokemon.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the eggs from hacked pokemon are legit.

However, the difference only really matters if you plan on doing something with them that requires you to not have hacked pokemon. There is no practical difference in a pokemon generated by your cartrige, or a AR device or something... Unless they nerf it or something trying to be cute.

This is a very good logic.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I hacked the Johto starters as eggs ,but with the original stats, so they weren't anywhere out of the ordinary. I don't care about hacking with the AR as long it is legit.

Years
  • I havent got cheated yet, but I can't even find a reasonable trade. I did manage to get a legit cranidos lvl 1 for a just changed lvl 20 sheildon, but other than that I cnt find anything that they dont want lvl 100 rares for.

Years
    • DC
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    ^ Try changing the stipulations of the trade. For example, change the level you want, gender, country of origin... It's a pain in the ass, but eventually you'll find something that's doable.

Years
  • Ya. Because I loved the idea of GTS when I first heard about it, but now all you can find is crap trades, and people using the clone trick, and hacks. So I'll try your suggestion Daimoth.

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    I thought the game makers fixed it in Platinum so that if you put a hacked pokemon in the gts or used one in a wifi battle, It told you?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Just don't trade your lvl 100 Pokemon.
    If you want a Pokemon you normally can't get, trade it at a low level and train it yourself. If it is hacked, then breed it or trade again.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • Yup. I hate it when I find a hacked pokemon.

One time, I found a Level 50 riolu and was hatched on December -- 2012

xD

Years
  • I offer up "novelty moveset" Smeargle and male Egg moved Pokemon on GTS.

Got a hacked Mankey from my offered Naughty Smeargle. Smeargle's moveset was naughty as well...

And most every Pokey I get is Japanese... Like when I asked for a Heatran any level and it was shiny and Master Balled.

Back