• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hacked pokemon?

Years
  • Hey guys! Steve the fish here!

Right now, I'm working on completing the national pokedex. The problem is, I want to do it 100% legit and so far, a lot of the Pokemon that I've gotten are from trades. Which is fine, but these days, there are a lot of cloned/hacked Pokemon out there. How can I tell if I have I legit-caught Pokemon?

Thanks! :D

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • A lot of the time you just can't tell. Sometimes you'll get things that are blatantly hacked like 6iv shiny legendaries but you can easily hack in a Pokemon that looks completely normal. If you wanna be sure trade only with people you trust but the risk is always there.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • This was actually asked a bit earlier by another user (though their question was a bit more specific in terms of which Pokémon they wanted to know was hacked or not)

This thread has a listing of hacked Pokémon found and reported by users. It's not entirely up to date though, so that's something to keep in mind. One relatively reliable method that I'm aware of is checking the encounter location, date, etc. and see if it's all valid. These are attributes that have to get deliberately entered by a hacker, so if someone hacking a Pokémon into OR or AS doesn't bother giving it a valid location, it'll be a dead giveaway (for example, a Latias met at Route 101 is a definite hack). For event 'mons it's much easier to spot them, because there's always a specific OT associated with them and a narrow window of time in which they're available, so a hack is easy to spot based on the OT, the capture date, and the level.

But other than that, there's pretty much no way to tell apart the hacks from the ones that were legitimately obtained, that I'm aware of :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I mean, there's mostly not that much of a difference in that context. In that sense, if you're just looking for Pokémon of a sort and aren't that concerned about how they were obtained generally or their relation with their trainer so far (who clearly does not care about this), then if it matters that much you could perhaps just keep an eye out as said for clearly recognisable hacks, such as in terms of locations, levels (although if you were interested in first gen uses of Psywave, then level 1s might be of interest), clear stat markers, and early evolutions. While roamers can be a bit of an ambiguous point, an Entei in Gen. II from Kanto was probably fake, for instance. Speaking of which, though, in-game recognition of Pokédex completion doesn't tend to check too exquisitely, so unless you have any highly particular reason for wanting to catch all Pokemon and presumably leave a lot of them unused, you probably needn't mind that much.

Speaking of glitches, this is totally the wrong side of night to be awake on Valentine's Day.

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
    Years
  • Yes. I used it now so much that I spoiled it for myself. I mean all those trades that allow me to get Golemand other that evolve in this process. And why do these noobs that wants a shiny its just a colourI don't know Pkhex has become really feeling like cheating .

Back