• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hacked Pokemon

Are Hacked Pokemon Okay?

• Yes

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • Depends

Votes: 46 47.4%

• Total voters

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    I've only used my AR for two things...
    1. to obtain (even then it's a GBA AR so I'm limited)
    2. and to generate the proper pokemon for easier EV training.

They are obtained through hacking, but in the long run they are raised the same way...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I don't have Mew, or Celebi. (Or any unreleased Pokemon) Unless an event offers them that's close to me, I won't have them, ever. It's a game, man.

Not only that, but the Pokemon were made hard to get so that not that many people would get them. Hacking to get them just because you feel like it is disrespectful towards Nintendo, and those who got the Pokemon legitimately.

Seriously, is it at all mature to suffer because you can't get a Pokemon? Is it any better to just get what you want without regarding the intentions of those who created the game?

Oh, don't you? Oh, sorry, I presumed you did ^^"... Sorry... Same. Unless if they're in a town close to me, I won't hassel to get them. I guess it is just a game, some people go spastic over games, such as WoW (I'm not a player... Pheh).

I guess, there has to be some form of challenge in every game. And I don't think some people have respect towards companies (Not including myself, I like Nintendo for the games they made)... And I know what you meant. I was talking to my friend at school who got a level 100 Garchomp from the GTS and I told him I wouldn't battle him if he had it in his team. S'not fair...

And I'm sure there's one person out there who's whining over their unfinished pokedex. My friend was, over not getting a Celebi, I believe. There was an event at the local shopping centre, but I wasn't into pokemon then. There are some who are unmature. And they should be kicked into gear... I think I used "suffer" in the wrong way. Argh, it's so hard to try and explain something over the internet V_V

I didn't mean to offend you at all, if I did. ^^"

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Ok, I vote no on hacked pokemon. I would vote yes, if people would learn how to use them properly, but there are some noobs who hack 999 and just godly stat legendaries with abnormal movesets. I'm quite happy hacked pokemon aren't allowed in tournements and the such. Some people just don't know how to use them right.

People should actually train their pokemon, not just hack rare candies, or use some IV/EV boosting code. It shows that you're not up to par with real training, and that you're lazy to actually train. Hacked pokemon are unfair in many ways. Super effective moves on them don't even do crap, as seen in some videos I've seen in youtube.

Soo..I guess that's the end of my vote and explanation so far.

Yea I agree with Hoshiko. I say no on Hacked Pokemon if it is uncontroled. For example the 999 stats or the IVs at 31 is very bad. It shows that you would have no skill as a pokemon trainer cheating to obtain victory. Master Balls, National Pokedex Finished,Contests Maxed Out, Arceus, Darkrai , Mew, Celebi are all big no no to me.

There are some legit ways to use a Action Replay for example useing it to obtain a event pokemon that has bin REALSED. If Arceus has not bin out do not hack it with the event until it actually comes out.Even so I would consider it a Hacked Arceus because it is overpowered and I do not use overpowered Pokemon,and should not be used but I would use a Lugia this method so I guess it is not any different. I got mine from XD btw LV 50 Citadark Isle then you purify all the pokemon useing a chain on all 9 purifiers to Purify it one of my favorites.Becuase even though it is an event pokemon not many people have the chance to get what there dream pokemon is. However those were event pokemon for a reason because not everyone was ment to use them. Yet again if a event pokemon was reased Nintendo cant ban you if you use the one in the game since they cant prove that it was hacked.So in that case take advantage of it if you feel nessiary to get that pokemon but only if you love it.

Last edited:

ConfusedOne

Strength In Wisdom... I Think?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    how is it disrespectful? you said it yourself, its just a game. so, if you really want to get technical, its not really a question of morals at all, but a question of how badly you want a Pokémon. i got an AR because i really wanted Darkrai (which, by the by, is a very good Dark Type). :D

Same here. I did hack for the D/P event legends too.

It shows incredible disregard towards the efforts of those who created the game, and to those who did spend thousands of dollars and spent hours in their cars to get the Pokemon legitimately.

Ok. True it shows disregard to the creators. To be specific, it shows disregard to those whose idea it was to make certain legends extremely rare. As far as those who have traveled for your event legends, all I can say is I hope it was worth the time and money that you all put into them. I mean... when it comes down to it, at the end of the day its just a game. Hacking is the best and pretty much only option for those of us who don't have the luxuries of going to an event because its right down the street or because "mommy and daddy" can afford to blow ridiculous sums of money for their child to go to a another country for an extremely rare collection of pixels aka event legends or even have something as simple as the WiFi connection to use the GTS.

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    Ok, I vote no on hacked pokemon. I would vote yes, if people would learn how to use them properly, but there are some noobs who hack 999 and just godly stat legendaries with abnormal movesets. I'm quite happy hacked pokemon aren't allowed in tournements and the such. Some people just don't know how to use them right.

People should actually train their pokemon, not just hack rare candies, or use some IV/EV boosting code. It shows that you're not up to par with real training, and that you're lazy to actually train. Hacked pokemon are unfair in many ways. Super effective moves on them don't even do crap, as seen in some videos I've seen in youtube.

Soo..I guess that's the end of my vote and explanation so far.

I think Hackies are A-Ok.
    When hacked by PokeSav (which is the ideal hacking device), after healing it at the Pokemon Center or putting it in the PC, it's stats go back to normal stats.
    I hack only Rare Candies and a few pokemon for my Personal Collection and my friends. If you hack 'em for Trade/Battle, you're a lazy bum.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Lol wow, I made this thread a good while back, and cant even remember when doing so. It almost has 100 posts..Never had a thread this big yet. Thanks to all who posted.

Back