• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked Roms on Psp

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    Hello I use the gba emulator, gpsp for psp to play gba roms. I've recently tryed playing some of the hacked roms but i couldn't. I think some of them didn't work because on the emulator it says "Max Rom Buffer Size 16MB" and the rom hacked i was using was 32MB.

I tried other hacked roms that were 16mb and they worked but one of them didn't save and the other 1 crashed.

So is there anything I can do to get it to work?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    What version of gpSP are you using? You're emulator might be old and only supports up to 16MB sized ROMs.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    What version of gpSP are you using? You're emulator might be old and only supports up to 16MB sized ROMs.

Yup,I assume thet he's using an old version.The one im using is the latest. It supports ROMS up to 32 Mb, i got my mystery dungeon working. But i don't recommend you to play Hacked roms using that, You would probably get some Error or the Emulator would crash,A blue Screen showing. There no way to fix it i think, But i know how to get rid of that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010

Yup,I assume thet he's using an old version.The one im using is the latest. It supports ROMS up to 32 Mb, i got my mystery dungeon working. But i don't recommend you to play Hacked roms using that, You would probably get some Error or the Emulator would crash,A blue Screen showing. There no way to fix it i think, But i know how to get rid of that.

It supports 32MB roms, i just tried yu-gi-oh world championship 2006 and it worked(its 32mb). I think i got version 3.4, but when i try flora sky hack the screens stays white, other hacks work fine except azure horizons which starts but doesn't save, says something like 1m sub-circuit-board is not installed.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    It supports 32MB roms, i just tried yu-gi-oh world championship 2006 and it worked(its 32mb). I think i got version 3.4, but when i try flora sky hack the screens stays white, other hacks work fine except azure horizons which starts but doesn't save, says something like 1m sub-circuit-board is not installed.

I have version 3.2 and I encounter no problems with Flora Sky when I played it. :/
    Maybe you screwed up while patching the ROM? Or, maybe its the bios that is not working properly. Try changing your bios, if that doesn't fix it then repatch the ROM.

EDIT: To what ROM did you patch it? Do you know that Flora Sky is a hack of Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    I have version 3.2 and I encounter no problems with Flora Sky when I played it. :/
    Maybe you screwed up while patching the ROM? Or, maybe its the bios that is not working properly. Try changing your bios, if that doesn't fix it then repatch the ROM.

EDIT: To what ROM did you patch it? Do you know that Flora Sky is a hack of Emerald?

Yea I patched it to an emerald rom and I tried repatching it and same problem screen stays white after I load rom. Haven't tried changing bios but every game but that 1 works fine so don't think is the bios.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Yea I patched it to an emerald rom and I tried repatching it and same problem screen stays white after I load rom. Haven't tried changing bios but every game but that 1 works fine so don't think is the bios.

When loading gpSP does it say that:

Code:
    This bios is not normal.
    There could be possibilities of trouble

or within that lines. If so, then change your bios.

If you don't want then try downloading a new ROM from another website then patching on that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    When loading gpSP does it say that:

Code:
    This bios is not normal.
    There could be possibilities of trouble
    or within that lines. If so, then change your bios.

If you don't want then try downloading a new ROM from another website then patching on that.

No gpsp loads fine just when i load rom screen stays white. I'll try downloading another emerald rom from another site, see if that works.

.Lacie

Pokémon Overlord!
    Years
    Woah. I tested flora sky and it isn't working. 12345 gave me the patched flora sky but still not working. Other hacked Pokes are fine. Anyways Is gPSP with multiplayer out?

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Yeah Flora sky is working fine on me. :( Not sure,Hmm
    Did you download the Rom or the patch using a Download manager? I heard that Download managers sometimes causes the corruption of the downloaded file, Not sure though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2012
    Hey,I am also experiencing the same problem too...So can someone help,all my rom bases came from romulation...

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2020
    use the lastest Unofficial version of Gpsp Kai.....Its like ver 3.4....

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I HATE IT!!!! I also started using my PSP for all these cool rom hacks and i have all the Johto remakes working like liquid crystal and shiny gold x pokemon sienna work up until the tree door when you enter colt woods........ so idk i'm gonna try flora sky..... because that one seemed a little mixed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back