• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked Spiritomb Distribution

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Full story here: https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BW_Mall_Tour_plagued_with_hacked_distribution

So basically, at the Oakridge Mall in San Jose, where the BW Mall Tour is being held, there was a distributuion of hacked Spiritomb with the ability Wonder Guard and the moves Shadow Force, Focus Punch, Softboiled and Safeguard. It is also in a Cherish Ball.

What i wonder is how the person even got to distribute it. Was it a staff member with a Action Replay at hand or what?

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • It's terrible that a person would do this. What if you had to work hard to get the time to even get this event? Or if you had to drive far? Just for a hack? I understand that the legitimate Celebi is being released along with this, but it's still very disappointing that this would happen. Some people may stop going to events because of the legitimacy distrust. :/
    At least there was someone that checked the Pokemon and figured it out quickly.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's a load of Trubbish really. I love Spiritomb and all, but no thanks. The most hax I'm going to have in my game is Haxorus.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • That's very low of that person to offer hacked Pokemon during a legit Pokemon event. If I went there and saw the offer, I would have refused it.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • It's terrible that a person would do this. What if you had to work hard to get the time to even get this event? Or if you had to drive far? Just for a hack? I understand that the legitimate Celebi is being released along with this, but it's still very disappointing that this would happen. Some people may stop going to events because of the legitimacy distrust. :/
    At least there was someone that checked the Pokemon and figured it out quickly.

This event was mostly held to promote BW and give people a chance to play the games. The distribution seems like it was just kinda tacked on. It still kind of sucks to get hacked 'mons at events though. At least this one was more tasteful than the racist Gengar (also mentioned in the article).

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Wow, how does someone get away with that...? :/

It just tarnishes the reputation of the event when things like this happen.

Although it's not the event-holder's faults, they should still try making sure that no Wi-Fi interference affects the downloads at an event.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Wow, how does someone get away with that...? :/

It just tarnishes the reputation of the event when things like this happen.

Although it's not the event-holder's faults, they should still try making sure that no Wi-Fi interference affects the downloads at an event.

I don't think there's anything they can do about that. It doesn't have anything to do with WiFi. Most distributions like this one use a DS with a distribution cart plugged in it to send out the wonder card. All one needs to do is to load up a hacked distribution cart in their DS and it will distribute the hacked Pokémon.

Also, it doesn't "tarnish" the reputation of the event, it just shows some guy is being a troll (for lack of a better word).

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Unfortunately, that's how people are though. Thought about this earlier and realized that it's gunna suck for those of you that do Wi-Fi battles if you run into this load of crap.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Thought about this earlier and realized that it's gunna suck for those of you that do Wi-Fi battles if you run into this load of crap.

i don't get how it sucks. Wondertomb has been around for like 4 years; since before DP came out in English.

OT: That's terrible, really. :| Some people sure go far to troll, eh.

FlamingThunder

Years
  • Unfortunately, that's how people are though. Thought about this earlier and realized that it's gunna suck for those of you that do Wi-Fi battles if you run into this load of crap.

I agree, if I ran into that thing, I would get so enraged that I would turn my DS off! After knowing all about that, I was like, WHAT'S NEXT? A HACKED SABLEYE WITH WONDER GUARD?

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I agree, if I ran into that thing, I would get so enraged that I would turn my DS off! After knowing all about that, I was like, WHAT'S NEXT? A HACKED SABLEYE WITH WONDER GUARD?

Oh man, as a matter of fact, I was trolling action replay sites (don't worry, I don't hack my pokémon in anyway) and actually found the code for the ULTIMATE WONDERGUARDED SABLEYE... it was shiny, in a Cherish ball and had all these ridiculous moves. If I had to guess, all of these invincible pokémon are up high in the ranks, so I haven't actually seen one yet... hoping that I don't. x.x

Oh yes, I just remembered... for whatever reason, you can hit a hacked Sableye or Spiritomb with Fire Fang o.o -shrugs-

Back