• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking the Emerald Title Screen - Tutorial by KhaosKnight

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 21, 2022
I want remove Rayquaza yollow glowing in Pokemon Emerald.
How can I do this?
Please tell me.

See attachment.

Any one know how to remove Rayquaza yollow glowing skin in tittle screen?

Attachments

• 4jUgIoz.gif
    4jUgIoz.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 21, 2022
I want to make title screen like this...

See attachment.

Attachments

• 4jUgIoz.gif
    4jUgIoz.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 21, 2022
For Rayquaza yollow glowing skin i am facing many problem in my title screen .please help me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
Hi, this is my first post
i need to know,
how you "split" the version banner image like that
So i am askingCan you tell me how to do it or show me a tutorial to do it???😀

Hack_wizard8764

Hack_wizard8716
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 29, 2021
What version of unLZ GBA are you using?
And also, I don't get a dialogue box when I click on import.
What's the problem?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Great tutorial. Very concise and helpful.

One problem:
dfgh.png

Bottom 90% is glitched out. I assume it's because the game loads the background to the "2005 Gamefreak" with its own palette, or something. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? Been searching around on unLZ for the past few hours looking for it.

P.S. yes I know the OP hasn't been seen in seven years but here's hoping someone else can help. And surely other hackers have run into the same problem (this is the only Emerald Title Screen tutorial on the site)

---EDIT---

Figured it out.

Short answer: listen to the OP when he says only make your title screen 128x128. Even though the game ultimately displays a 240x160 title screen, it can only "recycle" the pixels that already exist in that 128x128 box. So when designing a title screen, think about what kinds of patterns can be elongated, flipped, or repeated and base your design off of that.

I'll leave this up here for anyone else that may have the same problem in the future.

Last edited:
Back