• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

gameguy95

Master trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    you probaly should not trust hackmew

i dont think you should trust hackmew. my antivirus program found a virus in APE.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    i dont think you should trust hackmew. my antivirus program found a virus in APE.
    Hey don't go round spreading rumors you'll make things really bad for yourself >=(
    And anyways you probably got the virus from somewhere else ¬¬

Great tools btw HackMew ;)

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • you know what? I've have been using hackmew's tools for a long time and forgot to thank him XD
    So anyways thank you hackmew, for all of your wonderful tools!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • i dont think you should trust hackmew. my antivirus program found a virus in APE.

Excuse me while I rofl. It's probably the antivirus being overly sensitive. Mine found a virus in MapleStory two days after downloading it. >_> It's not a virus, it just probably looks like one to the antivirus. Which one do you use, anyway?

atanil

O estel Calad tôl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    I'm geting Runtime Error 380 with XSE 1.1.1. My system is WIN XP Pro SP3 and i have downloaded VB6 Runtime files. Version 1.0.0 works fine.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Also, I'd like to suggest a different way of scrolling through a Trainer's Pokémon Data (obviously if the Trainer has more than one Pokémon), because it just seems a little awkward (I've become used to the page moving when there is a page scrolling method). Could you possibly change it to an up arrow button and a down arrow button?

Well... what about both scrollbar AND arrow buttons? I guess that would be the "perfect" solution, what's your opinion?

So I looked at your sources

Storing offsets in strings? Why?

And as decimal values? What is wrong with you? :(

Unless you're reading/writing from a text/ini file, or putting a value onto a window, there's no reason to put values into strings.

Please change your technique your programs will be faster as such, also.

Commenting your code would be amazing ;(

LOL. You must have a looked at an old source, haven't you? I learnt a lot about optimization in the past year and honestly those suggestions are rather superfluous now.
    Besides... you should be aware normal users don't care about such things. They just want something working, and working fast. And that's why perfomance isn't everything since what it really matters is the perceived perfomance.

Wow A-trainer rocks! It's a pity that it doesn't cover fr though...

I have no idea why are you saying so because A-Trainer covers all existings ROMs...

Hey, HackMew!

I found a bug in FSF:
    I put 256 in the Needed Bytes and 1 in the Skip Interval, and look what came up:
    FSF%20Glitch.jpg

Can you fix this?

Unless I misunderstood you, that's not a bug.
    How do the Needed Bytes / Skip Interval work?

First you search an offset. Whenever you got one, you can find the next one.
    When you do so, at first the offset gets added with the skip interval (in your case 1). Then FSF search the required amount of bytes (in your case 256).

Code:
    Found Offset: 0x275BF8
    -- Skipping 1 byte: 0x275BF9
    -- Looking for 256 (0x100) bytes...
    -- Gotcha: 0x275FF8

When are you going to be able to do the Y tile in SMCA?

I dunno exactly since I'm pretty busy. Basically it's added already, though I might make a whole new tool based on SMCA.

A little problem with XSE : I get "error 5003 : Unexpected error" whenever I attempt to open XSE. At first I was merely missing msvbvm60.dll, however after I downloaded the proper dll, I started getting error 5003.
    This is odd, as I was able to work XSE 1.1.1 perfectly fine up until I re-downloaded it.
    Any solutions?

Well, see my PM.

Sorry to bother you, HackMew. But i'm having trouble with XSE.

[...]

Can you just explain to me how i can work this? as you can se i'm very new to ROM Editing (Hacking) and from what i've read, Your compiler is the best to use, So i hope i get a reply clearing up my confusion as soon as possible so i can get on with what i need to do.

Please and Thank You.

- Prelacter

Looks like you didn't truly understand how #dynamic works. Did you take a look at the guide before posting? Anyway... #dynamic just tells XSE where to start searching free space from. Once you correctly compile a script, the Compiler output window will be shown. On that window you will see each dynamic label used along with the offset it was assigned to. Since you use @start for the main script, then you would use the @start offset.

You did download APE from here, isn't it? Because that's a nice example of what they call "false positive". You better get a decent antivirus.

I'm geting Runtime Error 380 with XSE 1.1.1. My system is WIN XP Pro SP3 and i have downloaded VB6 Runtime files. Version 1.0.0 works fine.

See my PM.

uberpubert69

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    Thank you very much for these tools HackMew, These have really helped me make my first pokemon hack a reality. I'm still not very familiar with scripting but XSE is the best out of all the script editors I've tried. Do you think you can make a tool that can edit the title screen of the games?

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Hey Hackmew, I have a problem.
    When I open XSE 1.1 it closes after 2 seconds.
    Any idea why?

GuyNamedSean

Cobalt Scizor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 12, 2019
    I keep Having problems with A-Starter.
    I pull up a ROM, do my changes, click "Save ROM", check the ROM with VBA, the starters didn't change... I pull up ROM on A-Starter again, it shows the same starters that I set!

What is going on with it? Am I doing something wrong?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Something to add to the XSE guide.
    I can confirm that special 0xAB randomly decides whether to make you battle from the "tree" wild pokemon in A-map.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I have a suggestion for A-starter.
    Idk if it should be built into it or be a separate tool. I was thinking that it could maybe have an option to edit the poocheyena or zigzagoon in r/s/e that you fight after you get your first pokemon.

I have looked around for a way to edit it and have been asking people but I still don't know how to change it...

Back