• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
666th post! I'm evil! >:D LOL

I have a little update for you: a brand new Hacked unLZ! Here are the new "features":
  • Import .gif files without having to select All Files
  • Avoid letter inserting in the Goto/Pal textboxes
  • All textboxes limited to the proper length
  • Hidden Auto abort
  • No more closing when pressing Enter while the focus is on a textbox
  • Reorganized GUI

If you're wondering why the Auto abort it's hidden... the just think about all those newbies using it the wrong way. Anyway, it's just hidden. In case you really need it, for the use it was designed, then you should be smart enough to know how to access it.

Thanks, I'd be dead without my backup :)

1. I inserted the Silver sprite you posted in the Resources. I replaced Flannery's sprite.
2. I opened A-Trainer.
3. I renamed a trainer named BEN, number 059. I renamed it to ???.
4. I changed the picture and gave him a Guard Spec.
5. I gave him a Sneasel level 3, normal attacks, 10 AI.
6. I gave him a Totodile level 4, normal attacks, 27 AI.
7. I pressed Save a few times (I feel better if I press it multiple times)
8. I opened it in VBA, it said something ARM is 00 and it's not supported.

That's it, I hope it helps.

I'm sorry but I couldn't reproduce it at all... Can you, doing the steps above? If yes, please contact me by PM.

How do I edit trainer class names with A-Trainer Beta?

You can edit them, but there's a bug in the current beta that won't let you save them. Please wait a newer beta.

wat i meant was like when u do givepokemon it shows u a the pokemon and their script thingys so u kno which number to input,cuz when i tried to make a give mew hidden in a truck and instead all i got was glitch central lol

anyways maybe you can teach me to script?

hey hack mew i love all your tools! but i was wondering if you could make advanced mart to not need:
COMCTL32
if you could id really appreciate it mate ^_^

I didn't make Advance Mart, nor the source is available so I can't. My tools don't need COMCTL32.OCX, indeed.
Besides, you don't really need A-Mart at all. XSE can edit the mart data too.

I have the exact same problem.

Uhm, see my PM.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
HackMew, the new unlz is brilliant, it's way more efficient and is good for those people who try to untick auto abort. No more annoying people for you!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew, the new unlz is brilliant, it's way more efficient and is good for those people who try to untick auto abort. No more annoying people for you!

Thank you. If you have any suggestions, for unLZ or whatever, feel free to post them and I'll see what can I do :)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
hey hackmew, i have a problem with my battle bg pallette.
it's not a problem with the image, i see that it worked fine.
I have edited the pallette, but when i change one value, other colors change as well!
O__O it's crazy i tell you!
I have the tilemap for pallettes set to 3
and in APE the first few colors are input, but in VBA pallette editor, they aren't right at all.
i've even taken the byte reversal and still they aren't correct.
Ape says that it isn't compressed, and i tried changing the pallettes through hex, still no luck.
Here's a screen of the battle bg:
j6kaap.jpg

A screenie of the pallette viewer:
2n1w6yx.jpg

Then Apes Screenie:
2z69l4p.jpg

then here is a lil bit of my ROM, the pallette starts 2 bytes before the AA7A
Spoiler:

I'm using a FireRed ROM US English. (BPRE)
What I did.
Made the battle bg.
Made the tile map.
Indexed it.
Inserted it (no repoint though)
Inserted tilemap (no repoint)
Then i worked on inserting the pallette through ape.
Now some of it works but as you can see from screenies, the majority don't work :\

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hey hackmew, i have a problem with my battle bg pallette.
it's not a problem with the image, i see that it worked fine.
I have edited the pallette, but when i change one value, other colors change as well!
O__O it's crazy i tell you!
I have the tilemap for pallettes set to 3
and in APE the first few colors are input, but in VBA pallette editor, they aren't right at all.
i've even taken the byte reversal and still they aren't correct.
Ape says that it isn't compressed, and i tried changing the pallettes through hex, still no luck.
Spoiler:
Now some of it works but as you can see from screenies, the majority don't work :\

Problem is you're are editing some "colors" that are not actually colors. APE warns you indeed. Fact is what you see in the Palette Viewer doesn't necessarily follow the way the palettes are stored into ROM. This means if you see 16 colors, maybe only the first say 4 of them are stored at (just an example) 0xEB1246 and the other 12 ones are stored elsewhere.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
oooohhh, ok, so i just need to limit my image to 6 colors?(there's another pallette that is used i'll just have to change the pallette number in tilemap and it has two colors)
Well anyways, thanks hackmew.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
oooohhh, ok, so i just need to limit my image to 6 colors?(there's another pallette that is used i'll just have to change the pallette number in tilemap and it has two colors)
Well anyways, thanks hackmew.

No, no. Don't get me wrong. You just need to make sure you're editing the right colors, that's it. The limit depends only on the image you're editing.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Eek, I've had a similar problem. Is there a way to just make it use one straight out palatte, like with one pointer? Or is that just a weird programming issue?

No there isn't. Don't blame the program, it's not my fault at all. That's just the way the palette are stored into the ROM. That is, the way you see them in the palette viewer isn't always the same way into the ROM.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
OMG EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
00248405<-That gives you the green colors
00248408<-That gives you the blue colors and the rest of the green colors that the first didn't give us!
Nintendo tries once more to trix us!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I meant the programming of the ROM, but okay. I'll probably just leave the background's be then.

See below.

OMG EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
00248405<-That gives you the green colors
00248408<-That gives you the blue colors and the rest of the green colors that the first didn't give us!
Nintendo tries once more to trix us!

Yeah, exactly like I told you. The palette is splitted into 2 different offsets. It happens sometimes, even with more than 2. I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Go ask GameFreak LOL

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I should ask them about why they split up the music programming while I'm at it o.O

Frick, Ruby's all over the place. It's easy to hack but still -_-

Anyhow, back on topic - I'll be waiting for the A-Trainer full. The beta was excellent.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I should ask them about why they split up the music programming while I'm at it o.O

Frick, Ruby's all over the place. It's easy to hack but still -_-

Anyhow, back on topic - I'll be waiting for the A-Trainer full. The beta was excellent.

He he, thank you. I'm still haven't find where the music related to each class is. Plus, the Trainer's Eye data for R/S/E. Not to say I haven't been able to expand the trainer picture amount (mostly needed for Ruby, as there are few of them).

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Uh, those offsets from Blob of Blobs aren't the Ruby offsets. They can't be.

Also, I've tried hacking into the text with A-Text, and let me just say that the Trainer's Eyes... has interesting effects o.O

It may be A-text, but I dunno.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Uh, those offsets from Blob of Blobs aren't the Ruby offsets. They can't be.

Also, I've tried hacking into the text with A-Text, and let me just say that the Trainer's Eyes... has interesting effects o.O

It may be A-text, but I dunno.

I know, they're for FireRed as he's hacking that. I told you to look below just to why was it happening.

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
The "Self Introduction" seems to be okay, but other parts would erase sections or have garbage in areas. I looked in the rom, and there was about maybe 16-20 bytes of 0xFF when it erased. A-Text never did this before, so I don't know if it's something with the pointer or the program or what. It's weird, I just changed it, it seems to work okay, but it likes to mess around sometimes and not work o.o

Actually, apparently there IS no pointer - it's supposedly all text, but it cuts off each section in both XSE and A-Text. O.o

Also, whenever I try to change the Strategy or Pokemon parts, it tends to either erase the other or glitch up other datas. I'll get some screens up in a bit. I'll edit this (or reply again if you reply to this) when I get them up.

EDIT:
The screens: The first I just changed the Intro part. The second I changed the Pokemon text... and the Introduction becomes 0xFF! D:

Last edited:
Back