• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hadoooken - The Fighting Games topic

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Hadoooken - The Fighting Games topic

This isn't just about street fighter, but it's about fighting games in general! What kinds of fighting games have you played? Which ones do you enjoy? Which ones do you feel are unappealing? What mechanics do you like the most? What are your favourite fighting characters to use? Again, this topic is for all fighting games, so, feel free to share any thoughts!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of Tekken series =)
    Beside that I played Street Fighter IV and... obviously Persona 4 Arena since it's Persona =D
    I don't particularly enjoy the fighting without anything, I prefer fighters with story.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I guess I'm mostly into the King of Fighters series. KoF '98 UM being my fav thus far. It's a ton of fun and I really wish I could find other people to play it with. I recently played Garou Mark of the Wolves with a few friends and it was a total blast.

I enjoy the Street Fighter series pretty well, but I've just not spent nearly as much time with it as I have with SNK's offerings.

I'm not great at the games, but I would like to get better. Need real people to play against though!

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Back in like the early-mid 90's I use to play SF2, MK1/2, and Marvel Super Heroes in the arcade all the time until our arcade burned down wasn't big into them more casual until about 3-4 years playing the newer stuff rediscovered my interest in them. SF4, MK9, UMvC3, Injustice, Soul Calibur 5, Smash Bros Brawl, Skullgirls, SF Third Strike, UMvC 2 and I go back and play the SF2 and MK1 for fun… I mostlty just enjoy watching the streams out there on twitch and such.

Mind you even though I have the veteran mindset like understanding footsies and such, my execution is depressing, lol. I'm still trying to learn how to FADC!

Back on topic though, Street Fighter and MK are my bread and butter.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I like fighting games, but I'm pretty bad at them. Garou Mark of the Wolves is probably my fighting game, and it's the one I spent the most time trying to learn (though I'm still not very good) The Last Blade games as well the Samurai Shodown games are also some of my favorite.

I've always enjoyed the Soul series too, though I've yet to play SCV, as well as the SF series, Virtua Fighters, and a few others.

Even remember having some good times with ClayFighter for SNES.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Hadoooken - The Fighting Games topic
    I love fighting games, I don't find it difficult to learn the combos and stuff since all they are, are just pressing some buttons in a select pattern duh. I am not the best because the people I play with button mash and theres no real way to combat button mashers since its all random.

Outlier

I've always been a huge Tekken fan. Kazuya is my main, what a boss.

Also the Budokai Dragonball Z games are among my favorite games of all time. I don't mean just exclusive to the fighting game genre, but of all time!

I have to give a shout out to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. Naruto is possibly one of the worst shonens to ever exist. That being said this game was just amazing. It told the story with beautiful cutscenes and a kickass soundtrack. The gameplay itself was really fun and fast paced. I had such a great time with this game and I wish I still had it.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I'm the worst at fighting games but I absolutely love the lore. Especially Street Fighter's expansive universe. My favorite characters are Dan, Adon, Akuma and Sagat. From the KoF games I love Mr. Bogard.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, the Fighting Games that I've played are Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Blazblue, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom, and.. maybe some obscure others that I can't remember.

My absolute favourite out of the bunch is Blazblue. I absolutely love playing Blazblue; I personally think it's one of the most 'balanced' fighting games that I've played with a lot of great background graphics, and moves. Well, there are still.. a few gimmicks, like, Iron Tager? People have called him a gimmick, but, in the right hands, he can be really amazing.. and annoying to deal with, ugh. Mostly I like playing as Tsubaki, Platinum, Bang, Ragna, and Rachel. I'm learning how to Terumi though!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    By far I play Smash Bros. the most. It's just a unique fighting game unlike any of its kind, and I've grown up playing it. I still play some Smash Bros. game almost on a daily basis because I just find it fun. Next, I used to play Mortal Kombat a lot before I moved, I was decent but there is no one o m friends around here to play it so I don't play it enough. Next, I love most of the older DBZ game. DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is one of my top 5 favorite games on the Nintendo Wii, I would spend hours online fighting people. It was one of the earliest games on the Wii to support wifi. I enjoy a lot of the older Street Fighters as well as Killer Instincts. I need to buy Injustice: Gods Among Us, still haven't played it yet.

Another series I love is the Jump! series. Jump Ultimate Stars was soo fun on the 3DS, I need ot buy the new Jump Vs! for PS3.

Back