• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HAHAHAHA POKEMON IS SO RIDICULOUS!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
What's your reaction to people who insults Pokemon?

I usually leave them alone. Unless they come up to me and say to my face that "HAHAH POKEMON SUX" then there will be trouble. Big trouble.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Smack them. If I know them, for their birthday or Valentines (If they are a girl) Ill either A. Buy pokemon game and give them as a present, or B. Buy a plushie and force them to keep it... But most of the people I know play Poke or used to, so they dont make fun of me..Perhaps they are scared of me? I am prone to being a bit violent..Oh well *shrugs* But yeah, if you dont like Pokemon, keep it to yourself, or at least dont hate on it..Or youll probably be hurting when you go home ;)

Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 12, 2013
They're entitled to their opinion so I don't get too worked up about it, frankly I tell them I couldn't give a monkeys what they think of Pokemon or what I do in my spare time, it is none of their concern.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
I don't play and have never played outside my home, and Pokemon criticism appears really rarely. If it occurs, I don't say anything and ignore it.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I don't think it happened to me except from my parents. If it did I'd just say "noooo it's so cool!" with a funny voice.

marcc5m

what
Years
Then they're ridiculous for saying that. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. If we were all the same then the world would be a very boring place.

Years
I agree, everyone is entitled to their likes/dislikes. It's all a matter of opinion. What I don't tolerate is the people that can say things "suck" without having a justified reason to back it up.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
Pokemon counts as a good name in my city so nobody really makes fun of it. I go to this skatepark and you will hear Pokemon talk once awhile. haha

BlazeGirl12

Just Another Pokemon Player
Years
I just shrug it off, mainly. Most of the people I know think that Pokemon is a game for nerdy little 8-year-old boys who have no friends and that they're just too good for it. I might call them a Magikarp (or a Stunfisk) in my mind, but I usually don't say much. XD

Then again, I do talk about Pokemon a lot in public with my friends who have a better opinion of it. Some of them don't play it and really don't mind my talking about it; they actually really like some of the Pokemon. In fact, it's usually the people who actually play the game who don't want to talk about it in front of others. I say, what's the shame in it? :P

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Cool then.

Kids talk to me like that all the time, but I really don't care. They have their opinions and I have mine, even if they are noobish.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I simply reply with a very eloquent:

NoU.jpg

Years
I usually say something back. Like, it's tons better than yu-gi oh and that yu-gi oh is just a knock off basically. Along with Digimon but Digimon is great too. And I also say, at least the Pokemon are cuter than you. People get insulted by that last one, and they just walk away.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Yeah, same. I act calm about it, as I don't really care. Everyone views things differently. I used to be a Pokemon hater,as well. But I took a closer look at it, got a game, and I got hooked.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have loved pokemon since I was little and I was not ashamed to admit it.

When someone insults it I really couldn't care less. I usually just say "I love pokemon" and act calm about it.

Years
I challenge them to a Pokemon battle.

Quality! lol That some quite witty banter there lol

Nobody says it to my face because they know i will give them a slapping lol but people try and do it over the internet like a coward but it doesnt bother me lol and im 23 and shouldnt really still be playing but have been for years so **** em!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I get really mad at whoever insulted Pokemon. After cooling down after a few minutes, I just walk away.

Back