• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Hailstorm" Deck

Sailor Chibi Lunatone

Fear the Chupacabra!
    Years
    I haven't bought any Pokemon cards for quite a few years, but I've been playing people all this time with this very deck. It's only main weakness is against Lightning decks, but that's to be expected, and there are cards that can handle the Lightning Pokemon.

The Deck:

Energy: (24)

Water Energy x 24

Pokemon: (18)

Squirtle (Base) x 4
    Blastoise (Base) x 4
    Articuno (Fossil) x 3
    Magikarp (Rocket) x 3
    Gyrados (Base) x 1
    Dark Gyrados (Rocket) x 1
    Lapras (Fossil) x 2

Trainers: (18)

Pokemon Trader (Base) x 3
    Pokemon Breeder (Base) x 4
    Professor Oak (Base) x 3
    Bill (Base) x 4
    Nightly Garbage Run (Rocket) x 4

Strategy:

This is your basic old-school Blastoise Rain Dance deck. Get Squirtle on the bench as soon as you can, then use Pokemon Breeder the next turn to quickly make it a Blastoise without having to wait through the Wartortle stage. I prefer to use the Rocket Magikarp because it can use its Rapid Evolution to evolve with ease. Gyrados and Articuno are your main powerhouses, and Lapras can be used as a stall card in an emergency situation. If all else fails, bring out Blastoise hit hard with Hydro Pump, but it's best to keep at least one benched to protect it while you're Rain Dancing.

As for the Trainer Cards, Pokemon Breeder is there to get your Squirtle into Blastoise quickly. Pokemon Trader will help you get the Pokemon you need for the current situation. Oak and Bill help you draw more Water Energy to beef up your Pokemon with, and the Nightly Garbage Runs help to recycle your knocked out Pokemon and energy so they can be used again.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Raindance is stronger now. Look up Suicune ex from EX: Team Magma vs Team Aqua in www.pokebeach.com to see why. Also, get rid of those obsolete Breeder: Rare Candy is much better at skipping stages. My version of the Blastoise deck is somewhere in this forum, enjoy reading it.

Back