• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hair Styles + Colors for Females! (Pictures!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    On the bright side, you get the amulet coin fairly early, and you really rack up the money in this game. I mean, at the Chateau they ask you to pay a "fairly modest price of 50,000," and I only had like, 45,000. Now I have about 150k and I'm scared to spend any of it because of how expensive things are >_O
    I didn't get the amulet coin. xD No idea where it is either.

Roh

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    I didn't get the amulet coin. xD No idea where it is either.

Really? I got it so early I don't even remember who gave it to me.

-Looks it up-

Wasn't given to me by anyone. Would seem like I found it on accident.
    It's in a fireplace on the 2nd floor of the palace you have to pay to get into.

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
    Years
  • You don't have to buy anything from the boutique to unlock more haircuts. You just need to get it cut a few times. Most people just set it on 'Cut and Color' and then everything else on 'Surprise me'. But don't think you have to do that, and you can just cut it like you normally do.
    I got ponytail and pigtails before I even was allowed into the store.

EDIT: Does anyone know if there's a male tutorial yet? If not, I will do one soon.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Now I take a closer look at it, short hair style looks like that chick from Hyouka.
    And bobbed looks like Yukari from Persona 3.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Kawaii. Those female hairstyles are just too cute. Nice outfit as well :D

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I like all the hair styles and colors, though I personally wish there was more variety- it IS the first-ever hair/eye variety in any Pokemon game, though, so I musn't be picky.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Now I wanna try and see how close I can get to looking like Yukari...despite not liking her.

Oh dear, don't remind me. The Answer made me almost explode.

Gamefreak will probably add more similar hair styles, and even clothes in the near future. It's pretty predictable. Maybe you can look like Naoto in the near future. :hehe:

Years
  • I heard you unlock more after defeating the Elite Four. Is that true? I've seen hairstyles not on the list before, and I'm not a big fan of any of these ones. Long's the only one I really like to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I heard you unlock more after defeating the Elite Four. Is that true? I've seen hairstyles not on the list before, and I'm not a big fan of any of these ones. Long's the only one I really like to be honest.

I wish there were a long and straight option.

Also I don't get why they won't show you the hair styles while you're choosing. It's kind of annoying. It's not like animal crossing's clue system, and the clothing system lets you preview the items you're choosing. So what is the point of not letting you preview the hair? Is it supposed to be realistic? Because that doesn't make sense either... Even in a real hair salon you can see pictures of styles and pick colour swatches.

Sigh. Hopefully this system is improved in the next games. Knowing GF though, they'll leave it out.

Years
  • I wish there were a long and straight option.

Also I don't get why they won't show you the hair styles while you're choosing. It's kind of annoying. It's not like animal crossing's clue system, and the clothing system lets you preview the items you're choosing. So what is the point of not letting you preview the hair? Is it supposed to be realistic? Because that doesn't make sense either... Even in a real hair salon you can see pictures of styles and pick colour swatches.

Sigh. Hopefully this system is improved in the next games. Knowing GF though, they'll leave it out.

Long and straight is exactly what I wanted... It's a little disappointing that they don't have that as an option. I've seen someone on PSS with that though, and someone with the Lass hairstyle. I'm really curious where people are finding these... I doubt it's some sort of hack, the game just came out after all. I guess I'll just need to defeat the Elite Four to find out!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Long and straight is exactly what I wanted... It's a little disappointing that they don't have that as an option. I've seen someone on PSS with that though, and someone with the Lass hairstyle. I'm really curious where people are finding these... I doubt it's some sort of hack, the game just came out after all. I guess I'll just need to defeat the Elite Four to find out!

They don't actually have that hair. They've just changed their avatar. You can do it by modifying your profile in the PSS Menu.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    To get into the boutique visit all the cafes, have a restaurant battle, get a furfrou cut, get a hair cut/color, make a PR video, buy a berry juice, a gelatto, do the lotto, take a taxi or skiddo. I did all that before it finally let me in.

As for unlocking the hair, mine unlocked after I bought new clothes at the town with the fairy gym and dressed up, I went to the salon and she said she was mesmerized by my style before giving me new styles.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • First off, I LOVE the pigtails! I have it on both of my files, and I couldn't be happier. :7: It's really a dream come true to be able to style your character as you see fit in a Pokemon game. Even if the options are somewhat limited, I really like what they do have. It would be cool if you could take off your hat though.

After some research I was able to figure out how to get into the boutique as well as unlock the hairstyles. There is a hidden "style" stat that increases as you complete activities within the city. Doing a variety of the above mentioned things isn't necessary, as I was able to unlock both the boutique and hairstyles during my first visit to Lumiouse after obtaining the first badge. By making PR videos and doing the one star restaurant several times (good money too!), I managed to get my style up. I just kept doing the restaurant twice, then going to the boutique and salon to check if anything changed I was able to get into the boutique first, but it was very soon after that the salon had more hairstyles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    First off, I LOVE the pigtails! I have it on both of my files, and I couldn't be happier. :7: It's really a dream come true to be able to style your character as you see fit in a Pokemon game. Even if the options are somewhat limited, I really like what they do have. It would be cool if you could take off your hat though.

After some research I was able to figure out how to get into the boutique as well as unlock the hairstyles. There is a hidden "style" stat that increases as you complete activities within the city. Doing a variety of the above mentioned things isn't necessary, as I was able to unlock both the boutique and hairstyles during my first visit to Lumiouse after obtaining the first badge. By making PR videos and doing the one star restaurant several times (good money too!), I managed to get my style up. I just kept doing the restaurant twice, then going to the boutique and salon to check if anything changed I was able to get into the boutique first, but it was very soon after that the salon had more hairstyles.

Yeah different activities like level up your style I noticed, though really it isnt worth getting into the boutique so early XD its like teasing yourself with how much all of it costs. The higher your style goes though the bigger discounts you get.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • Yeah different activities like level up your style I noticed, though really it isnt worth getting into the boutique so early XD its like teasing yourself with how much all of it costs. The higher your style goes though the bigger discounts you get.

For me being able to go through the entire game with pigtails was more than worth it xD I know the feeling though. I want that trenchcoat dress so badly! Apparently higher style levels get you discounts, but I've yet to see this.

Skalla

Drama Queen
    Years
  • I'm very disappointed with the customization options the girl gets. Sure, she probably gets more clothes than the male but all she gets is tank tops, skirts and dresses while the male gets sweet slick jackets. It also bothers me how you can't even take your shades off of your without certain hats.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not exactly sure how much customizations the male trainer is able to get, since I haven't played the game as him. But I have to agree, the female trainer does have very limited customization options. :( This may not be the end, though. I think there's still a lot more styles, clothes, and other accessories in the game, just waiting to be unlocked via Mystery Gift.

Currently, my character is wearing a pair of skinny black jeans, a white dress, brown hat, and a couple of brown shoes. Her hair color is a little reddish, and her style is is bobbed sidesweep. She looks extremely cute with this hairstyle, in my opinion. :) I've given her a ponytail sidesweep haircut once, but that ended up making her look a little like Professor Juniper. If she wore a lab coat, maybe, then she would've looked exactly like Juniper. xD

Skalla

Drama Queen
    Years
  • The female trainer defiantly has more clothes, I just really wish she got jackets like the guy! Its also such a missed opportunity that you can't dress up and have hair like previous trainers or even characters of the past. What I would kill to be able to have a Hilda or Roxie getup in this game!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back