• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hallo deerlings

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2019
    Guten Tag, sweet, sweet deerlings.

I'm just another new member, passing through, looking for a community to meet other (pokemon) game developers. I've learned this is the place. :pink_nod:

A little about me, I'm a girl with interest in languages, countries and history. I used to borrow a friends GBC to play Yellow and Blue when we were just small kids, but my first own pokemon game was Crystal, together with a purple see-through GBA. My best childhood friend was a lv 100 girl Arcanine :t059: *misshersomuch* ... English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. :pink_blush:

I started with some pixel work(can hardly call it art) some months back, and I've been coding in flash and dreamweaver for 2-3 years. I'm very new to making pokemon game and this program I've decided to use, RMVX. I hope by becoming a member here, I find more information how to do things, tips and tricks, maybe get some help from other game developers.

Earlier I had an idea to remake Crystal, as that's my fave game of all times, but I knew I wouldn't be the only one with this idea and just ignored it. This time, my idea is much bigger, and I'm not even sure there's anything like it. I hope to also look around on other people's games, to see if I find something similar to my new idea. :pink_boogie:

I know it's stupid to go into such a project all alone. Gotta have something or someone that makes you go further than you could do without that help, even if it's just cheering words.

Thanks for reading~

Years
  • Guten Tag, sweet, sweet deerlings.

I'm just another new member, passing through, looking for a community to meet other (pokemon) game developers. I've learned this is the place. :pink_nod:

A little about me, I'm a girl with interest in languages, countries and history. I used to borrow a friends GBC to play Yellow and Blue when we were just small kids, but my first own pokemon game was Crystal, together with a purple see-through GBA. My best childhood friend was a lv 100 girl Arcanine :t059: *misshersomuch* ... English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. :pink_blush:

I started with some pixel work(can hardly call it art) some months back, and I've been coding in flash and dreamweaver for 2-3 years. I'm very new to making pokemon game and this program I've decided to use, RMVX. I hope by becoming a member here, I find more information how to do things, tips and tricks, maybe get some help from other game developers.

Earlier I had an idea to remake Crystal, as that's my fave game of all times, but I knew I wouldn't be the only one with this idea and just ignored it. This time, my idea is much bigger, and I'm not even sure there's anything like it. I hope to also look around on other people's games, to see if I find something similar to my new idea. :pink_boogie:

I know it's stupid to go into such a project all alone. Gotta have something or someone that makes you go further than you could do without that help, even if it's just cheering words.

Thanks for reading~

Hi Kicha, welcome to PC~

I'm female as well, although some people think I'm manlier than that. Name's Hikari btw. I see you are interested in cultures and languages a lot, and your English is looking good.

You're working on your own games? You may want to check out Game Development and Emulation which both carry that purpose. Good luck with your project.

If you need a mentor to guide you around a certain area, sign up for the PC Adoption Center and you shall get a mentor to help you. Enjoy your stay and contact a moderator (like Cirno) if you ever need help.

- Hikari10

Years
  • Hey there Kicha, welcome to PC! :D I'm Cirno, nice to see you here!

Languages are one of my biggest interests as well, so we already have something in common. I can only speak two right now though, but hope to learn more in the future. What can you speak, out of curiosity?

But the purple see-through GBA was the best handheld ever! I had that one too but sadly it broke years ago. D: No worries about your English, though, it's actually very good and I'm not seeing very many mistakes. But if you're looking for some feedback and tools for your fangames, you're in the right place! PC has a lot of members interested in game development and ROM hacking, so you'll definitely be able to find assistance if you're into any of those two. G'luck with your projects!

So yeah, stick around and have fun on this wonderful forum, all right? I'm also always open if you'd like someone to chat with. ^_^

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Hi there! Glad you arrived on the PC-wagon. :3 It'll be a fun ride, don't worry~!

I think that sounded a bit weird....sorry!!

But it's nice to meetcha!! I'm Winter, and I have an interest within people's backgrounds, like you, I believe. I like learning where people come from and what its like in their native country, because not only do you learn about the person themselves, you also learn a bit about their country, which is always a good thing. It allows for a much broader perspective of things.

Also, never fear about the whole grammatical mistakes or anything like that. In cases in which people don't have English as their native language, it really is understood here! Just try your best to come across as clear as possible to people and you'll be fine, really! Even I screw up here and there with wording and all, so you're not the only one. @__@; /shot

And I like your idea of remaking Crystal, and I hope you succeed with it! Whether it's alone, or with a team, I know you can do it. :3

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
    Years
  • Hiya Kicha! (Reminds me food :3)

Welcome in PC-wagon, as Winter said! Choo choo!
    *Knock her head*

Well! I'm happy to see that you love to be interested in languages, because I'm aslo interested in it. Learning over six, maybe seven languages here. It's very interesting to learn about it, to speak with differents people to know more about many cultures in the world. It make you openminded.

I would love to see your work in Crystal and Arts. Crystal is my preferer so far :3
    *Gives hugz to her Arcanine*

I hope you will feel good in our community. If you want to have a chat or simply share something with me, feel free, I'm here!

See you~

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2019
    yeay, the PC-Wagon *choo choo*

Thank you for the kind words, from all of you. From what I've seen so far, this seems like a really nice community, and I'm looking forward to be a part of it.
    I'm happy to see so many others also have an interest for languages and cultures, that's awesome! :pink_love:

Cirno said:
    What can you speak, out of curiosity?
    I know English, obviously, and I've had French at school for 5 years. I'm very interested in the Germanic languages, so right now I'm learning German, Swedish and Dutch. I'm pretty new in all of them. :pink_blush:

Back