• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halloween 2008

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    In the UK, Halloween isn't really important, most people don't bother doing anything at all and people only trick or treat until they're about 9 or 10 (now I'm gonna get a load of people from the UK telling me they go trick or treating XD But seriously, no-one I knew said they went trick or treating after Year 5). It's seen as more childish here than the US, but I suppose it's because it's more of an American thing. I went to the Halloween aisle in Tesco's and hardly anything is bought, I'm sure, there were still *tons* of Halloween decorations and pumpkins left yesterday that have been there for a week.

Christmas is right around the corner, it looks kinda stupid with Halloween stuff next to Christmas stuff XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm going as a lady gangster from the 1920's. I don't trick or treat anymore, but I do attend Halloween parties and hand out candy :>

13 ain't old at all. hell, I know people my age still going out for candy.

Years
  • I want candy dun dun dunan, I wan candy dun dun dunan!
    Happy Haloween n00bs :P give me candy or I will egg your house!

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I'm going as a nerd, as well. XD All my friends and I are, actually, and we're going to school like that. :B Dress up as something silly and laugh at yourself. 13 is FAR from too old. Don't even try to be cool. Embrace your inner dork! :'D

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm going as a nerd, as well. XD All my friends and I are, actually, and we're going to school like that. :B Dress up as something silly and laugh at yourself. 13 is FAR from too old. Don't even try to be cool. Embrace your inner dork! :'D
    Are you going as Steve Urkel?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • No one has knocked on our door for the last two years. So, we're not buying anything or decorating. I haven't gone out in years. I never really liked the holiday. Too many mean people trying to scare little kids. Don't chase a three year old with a pretend chain saw, kay? @_@

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Last year (when I was 14) was my last year of trick-or-treating.

Thirteen is not too old! What grade are you in? 8th? If you REALLY insist on not going, then try the following:

- Get an extremely scary costume and as soon as the kids that just got candy from your house turn around, jump out of the bushes and scare the crap out of them. Beware for angry parents though!

- Go to a party if you know of one. Don't do anything you will regret though. Seriously.. don't.

- Just chill. This is what I am doing. My family is going trick-or-treating and I will be on PC. Great fun.

Whatever you choose.. have fun. Oh and.. stay out of dark alleys.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I scare people/pass out candy now. It's ridiculously fun. Two years ago I took the chain off of a chainsaw and chased people around with it while it was running. I'm amazed I didn't get arrested. XD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    psh, thirteen? too old? I'm older than you and I'm going out trick-or-treating tomorrow. So what if you have to beg for candy, you're only gaining: if you wear a mask, the people who give you candy can't see your face, therefore don't know who you are.

FREE EFFING CANDY.

Don't pass that up man, since it's the only time you can legally get free candy. Once a year only. You've still got a couple more years to do it, and if you stay shorter than the norm for your age, even longer!

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Haha, well i'm not going to have a replay of last year. Teenagers who knew me (not friends) decided that they would egg the house in which i live in. Well, i am planning a little bit more this year. One catapult, water balloons.. anyway, i don't do much for Halloween, despite my love for chocolate.

I kinda lost the Halloween spirit.. i'm not sure when though. Perhaps at 13, so possibly 3 years ago then, i'm not sure. But i do like watching the little kids in their costumes.. the day is here, i can't wait to see the carnage caused.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Although getting free candy is pretty freaking sweet, I'm not trick-or-treating this year. I've kind of lost the Halloween spirit (although I did dress up this year, unlike the last two years, so that's a start :DD!), and I feel a little too old to be trick-or-treating anyway. It was lots of fun when I was a little kid, though. :D

Back