• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halo or Gears of War?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Halo is an overated piece of trash, i hate it's cartoony style and cowerdly AI (even on Legendary), there is no challange in the game, and as for the online, well it would have been good if it wasn't full of 11-15 year olds who think there cool when they kill you, but if you kill them they report you, where as Gears i love it's dark, grim almost real world style, the AI is much more of a challange (Gears Casual mode is more of a challange than Halo's Legendary) and as for the online, i have made many good friends through Gears online (some who have even come to be real world friends, not just "Live Friends") and even though it could lag at times it's a much more fun and mature online game as it isn't always full of cocky little kids who can't tell which way around to hold the controller.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I'm gonna say it now, shooters suck when it comes to AI in the campaign or "story" modes, they really do, every single one I've played. For me it's Halo all the way, I didn't like Gears that much, it's good but I hate multiplayer. I love Halo's multiplayer, it's fun and it really is different, most people bash it for being the same but the only thing that's the same is that it's a FPS so naturally it would feel the same. However, I think it plays totally different than any other FPS out there, it has more of a run and gun style which happens to be my style, there is constant action. It plays a lot faster and the shield system puts a little more emphasis on teamwork, though individual skill is also a big part of it, all the little tricks that help out your gameplay is great too. It can also be very strategic though, especially when played competitively and once you get to know the weapon and powerup times as well as the spawn system. Call of Duty 4 is very good as well, but Halo is more my style, not to mention I'm better at it than the other games.

Halo > CoD > Gears

Back