• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halp! (iPhone problem)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • OK so this is kind of a "first-world" problem as far as tech problems go because it isn't actually affecting the function at all, but just today my iPhone has started vibrating at random intervals when it's not even giving me a notification about anything. I've killed all the apps I had running to see if that helped at all but it's still doing it :/

inb4 something stupid I've overlooked.

Years
  • Is it in silent/vibrate mode and you're bumping the volume down button unintentionally? My phone vibrates like that whenever I accidentally bump that button on the outside of the phone and the phone is already set to vibrate.

Years
  • Is it switched to silent? If so, if you return to standard/loud mode, do you get the same thing (or any audio )?

Have you turned it off since the issue arose? Probably worth a try (hold lock button until red slider appears, but you know that)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Mine does this sometimes when I've got it set to receive mail from the Mail application.

Years
  • does anything show up in the notification center when it vibrates?

Also, if you're still on version 5.0 or 5.0.1, it may be vibrating to alert you that there's an update available.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yeah it's constantly switched to silent because whenever somebody hears me get a message they're like "ooh who's that from?" and it's nobody's goddamn business lol. So the vibration could be in place of audio, but it still doesn't explain why it's happening randomly without me doing anything.

I tried turning it off and back on as Archer suggested and it didn't do anything either :(

@Chuck, nothing's showing up in the notification center when it vibrates; though I haven't updated from 5.0 yet and the red (1) has been above the Settings app for over a week now so that could be it. But why would it have only started happening yesterday if that were the case?

EDIT: Thank you so much everybody but Razor Leaf has solved the mystery haha.

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Sometimes this happens to me when I put my iPhone in my pocket because of the silent switch being activated by the rim of my pocket. However if it happens while it's in your pocket unexpectedly, then I have no knowledge for reason as to why.

Back