• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hand-Drawn Pic

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yeah, I can draw some semi-good things occasionally, and this one was pretty good [considering I drew it in a car]

Hand-Drawn Pic

The top part of the girl I didn't trace, but I refrenced it from the Emerald guide book. The rest was free-hand. I think the Pokemon are proportionate, except Sevipers' head is a little small.

Note: I didn't see in the rules that you had to have more than one pic, tell me if wrong please.

Here is somthing else:

Hand-Drawn Pic

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Hm it is quite good although there are some minor nit picks which are present.
    First as said by the above, there is a bit of out-of-proportionism in the first piece of art, but you stated there is, so knowing it is there is helpful as it isn't a show of lack of skill or an artistic eye.
    Second of all, the drawings, while still in black and white look 2D and rather boring because there is no shading. By adding shading you can create the effect of 3Dism and make a drawing much more pleasant on the eyes, as well as making it look more realistic.

Keep up the good work!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hm it is quite good although there are some minor nit picks which are present.
    First as said by the above, there is a bit of out-of-proportionism in the first piece of art, but you stated there is, so knowing it is there is helpful as it isn't a show of lack of skill or an artistic eye.
    Second of all, the drawings, while still in black and white look 2D and rather boring because there is no shading. By adding shading you can create the effect of 3Dism and make a drawing much more pleasant on the eyes, as well as making it look more realistic.

Keep up the good work!

Do you mean shading with the pencil? Or should I *try* to color with shades?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Oh I meant with a grey lead pencil, but if you wanna try out colours, that is fine if you feel confident.

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    This is very good. :D

The Milotic's body gets smaller as she twirls around the girl. Might want to thicken the top part. Also, the Milotic's head is slightly small. This picture is brilliant, overall, counting you did it in a car. xD;

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    This is very good. :D

The Milotic's body gets smaller as she twirls around the girl. Might want to thicken the top part. Also, the Milotic's head is slightly small. This picture is brilliant, overall, counting you did it in a car. xD;

Thanks. I didn't think I was that good o_O

Maybe I can drawl somthing else today. I really like drawing fronteir brains so maybe I'll do one from Platinum.

noxious, I've started shading but it kinda looks terrible

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Oh well scrap it then if you want. ;)
    I just thought you could try some shading because you are a good drawer and it will improve the quality of your images, but if you don't want to, I won't insist.

I'd love to see more of your work so post it up when you do some more.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Oh well scrap it then if you want. ;)
    I just thought you could try some shading because you are a good drawer and it will improve the quality of your images, but if you don't want to, I won't insist.

I'd love to see more of your work so post it up when you do some more.

Okay, I could post it and let you judge the shading.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Sure thing.
    Post any other stuff you have as well and I will gladly give you some advice if it needs it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hand-Drawn Pic

Somthing new. XD I just got Pokemon Ranger, so I drew a ranger. c&c please

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    I like your shuckle. Bug types are my favorite. ^.^