• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hand the phone over... now

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    1)Is your school strict on the allowance of electronic devices?
    Yes. Only Ipods during certain times (lunch, study hall, ect.)
    2)Are there any particular devices they are really strict on? Like phones, laptops, etc.
    Phones are taken on sight. Caugh three times and they keep it for the year :(
    3)Have you ever had anything confiscated from you? If so, what do you did about it?
    Haha ive had my phone taken away a few times, which got me, and my parents very mad
    4)A bit off topic, but do you text/listen to music/play video games in class?
    I text when I need to, and in study hall I listen to my ipod and play games.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    Highschool: They would take up any electronic devices.
    College: They don't care unless it is disrupting the professor or the class. If it does they kick you out of the class. If it's during a test, you fail the course.
    2)Are there any particular devices they are really strict on? Like phones, laptops, etc.
    H: All about the same except if you're listening to music 90% of the time they will just tell you to turn it off.
    C: All about the same.
    3)Have you ever had anything confiscated from you? If so, what do you did about it?
    H: No.
    C: No. They don't do that.
    4)A bit off topic, but do you text/listen to music/play video games in class? Ever been caught?
    H: I've only played games when it was an actual day we could do it. I've also listened to music but only in the classes my teacher said it was okay. I've never texted in class because texting is stupid.
    C: I play solitare/spider solitare in my English class (it's in a computer lab) and I've listened to music in there once while I was doing my work. I've never been caught playing games and my professor doesn't mind if we listen to music if it's not during a lecture.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    My school does never tolerate ANY Eletronics preety much. Any time someone takes a phone they freak out. However this is just the attitude of our administration some teachers dont care like in math we can use them as caculators.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    1. Yes.
    2. Everything pretty much. They don't let us use anything.
    3. No, because I never have brought anything like phones, ipods, etc to school.
    4. Like in #3 I have never brought anything so I have never been caught.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Yes, and no. Texting/Showing electronics in the hallways is an obvious no-go. But, there are many teachers who don't enforce it, heck, I could talk on the phone in some classes. XD And as a Senior, most Senior teaches don't care much about electronics. Plus, they let us do just about whatever in lunch. ^^
    Everything is treated the same, really.Computers are actually allowedmore than other electronic devices.
    One, I had my phone taken for looking at the time in the hallway. I had to pay 15$ to get it back! D:
    4)A bit off topic, but do you text/listen to music/play video games in class?
    Yes, yes, and yes. I am always texting in classes I have signal half the time, the other time I am playing my DS. XD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Our school's pretty strict on allowance of electronic devices, save some occasions.. when we're allowed. Every electronic device is the same really; you're equally punished. Those nasty teachers just confiscate it from us. :x; I've never really had anything confiscated from me.. since I haven't really ever brought anything to school, except for a few times. Was lucky. :)

A bit off topic, but do you text/listen to music/play video games in class?
    Yes. Whenever my friends bring anything to school.

Years
    Hell yes! XD

Every electronic device I guess. o.o;

Nope. I'm too smart for the teachers.

4)A bit off topic, but do you text/listen to music/play video games in class? Ever been caught?
    Listening to music? Yes, that is something we do pretty often. Nothing other than that. Getting caught? No way. As I mentioned earlier, I'm too smart for the teachers. =p

Years
    Yes.
    Phones.
    Nope, I am pretty secretive when it comes to texting in class.
    I text in class.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
    Very strict.

They're extremely strict about phones. I've never seen someone actually dare to bring a laptop to school.

Nope!

Mhmm! I listen to music and text all the time. I've never been caught though, except when I was adjusting my earphones in the hallway. Though he just thought they were attached to my jacket and let me off.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    1. ) Is your school strict on the allowance of electronic devices?
    They are pretty strict when it comes to gadgets.

2. ) Are there any particular devices they are really strict on? Like phones, laptops, etc.
    To be specific, phones, mp3's, gameboy, NDS, PSP, and ipods.

3.) Have you ever had anything confiscated from you? If so, what do you did about it?
    None, haven't exprienced it. I follow the school rules all the time.

I brought a laptop the other day, it is fine to bring laptop if your going to use it for a class report.

Back