• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen ? Happy 8th Anniversary, Platinum! ?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    ♡ Happy 8th Anniversary, Platinum! ♡

H2x1_NDS_PokemonPlatinum_enGB_bannerXS.jpg

We just celebrated the anniversary of HG/SS, but we can't forget this! Happy 8 year anniversary of the release of Pokemon Platinum! ♡ 8 years ago today, September 13th, Pokemon Platinum was officially released in Japan. What are some of your favorite memories from the game? How did you like it compared to Diamond and Pearl? Are you looking forward to a possible remake?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Can't believe it's been so long... Favorite memory I have is first encountering Giratina in the Distortion World. It felt so epic back then. And definitely liked Platinum more than Diamond/Pearl. :)

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
    Years
  • The Sinnoh games were my first, and thus have a special place in my heart. I'm honestly more hype for the potential D/P remakes than I am for Sun/Moon. Is that bad?
    It makes me sad that Platinum likely won't get a remake, since GF hasn't really ever remade the "third" game of each generation. (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.) If D/P get remakes, I will finally be able to die in peace.
    I can't really name off many of my favorite memories from Platinum because I can't remember my playthrough of it that well :(
    I do remember randomly finding Mesprit (wandering Pokemon are so frustrating), and chucking a Pokeball at it for laughs, only to find out that I actually caught it. I'm sure everyone has a similar story, but I personally consider it a fond memory.
    Give Us Gen 4 Remakes 2k16

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • It makes me sad that Platinum likely won't get a remake, since GF hasn't really ever remade the "third" game of each generation. (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.)

HGSS had quite a bit of the story elements that Crystal had (Eusine/Suicune come to mind) while staying true to the plot of G/S. I wish ORAS would have followed this pattern and used some of the Emerald story elements (I enjoyed having Magma and Aqua both creating havoc in Emerald).

I do hope if we get Sinnoh remakes they keep the Platinum story elements.. It just felt so much more complete than Diamond and Pearl were and I think overall got much better reception.

I can't believe it's been 8 years already... I should pick up my Platinum game up again and start playing. :)

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
    Years
  • Gen IV also had one hell of a selection of Pokemon, for sure!

I love how many Pokemon were in the gen 4 games. Since D/P was my first game, as I previously mentioned, it took me a good while to figure out which Pokemon belonged to which generations.
    Something I have conflicting feelings about, though, is the fact that so many gen 4 Pokemon were just new "baby forms" or evolutions of already existing Pokemon. That just rubs me the wrong way. I love all of them, though, whether or not their evo lines existed prior to gen 4. I just... kinda wish more of them had been new evo lines.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Something I have conflicting feelings about, though, is the fact that so many gen 4 Pokemon were just new "baby forms" or evolutions of already existing Pokemon. That just rubs me the wrong way. I love all of them, though, whether or not their evo lines existed prior to gen 4. I just... kinda wish more of them had been new evo lines.

I remember being really bitter about that at first when the games came out and the new Pokémon were revealed. There were too many evos and pre-evos. Too many legendaries. It's funny because I honestly really didn't like Gen 4 at first, but now it's grown to be my favorite.

Baby Pokémon are always a cute treat, but I think a lot of the evolutions of older Pokémon happened in order to make a lot of them more viable in competitive play. It makes sense, considering that DPPt were the first set of games to introduce such a huge scale of online multiplayer elements to the game, really opening up the competitive scene.

And the large number of legendaries also makes a lot of sense in retrospect when you consider how lore-heavy the Gen 4 games are. All in all... it's fitting and it makes sense.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • 4th Generation will probably always be my favourite generation. Doesn't feel like it's been 8 years since Platinum came out!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I wasn't a big fan of Diamond and didn't finish it right away, so I skipped Platinum when it came out and went for Heartgold and Soulsilver instead.
    I did finally get and beat Platnium last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. :) Hard to believe it's been that long since it was out in Japan.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Oh my god, has it really been 8 years since Platinum? I very clearly remember Diamond and Pearl coming out in Japan and looking on Serebii for the new Pokemon and I remember thinking how cool they all were.

I... I feel so old.... I was 11 when this came out? Really? I know I'm late, but happy birthday Platinum n_n

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • OMG, it's Platinum's 8th Anniversary? REALLY? Man I loved that game! It was my first ever Pokémon game and I enjoyed myself so much playing it! I remember being a kid and playing that game with a member of my family that never played Pokémon, so we were two noobs playing Platinum for the first time! Sinnoh is such an amazing region, with a lot of lore and mystery, and the Pokémon introduced in 4th gen are SO COOL.
    Gen 4 is my favourite generation and that's why I would love GF to do a PLATINUM remake, not Diamond and Pearl's. At least include Platinum's features in it, such as the Distortion World =D

Without further ado.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PLATINUM =D

Back