• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Happy Birthday from X&Y

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
  • Not a secret, and sure reported many times :) but today's my bday (jan 25th), and I just experienced first hand how X&Y congratulates you :)

I assume it tells passerby/acquaintances/friends it's your birthday (probably shows cake icon), because I been getting random Congrats/Happy Birthdays that cause confetti to shoot across my bottom screen, It seems it to have replaced "Nice" in my profile.

And now when I just walked into the Pokemon Center, it was Dark, then lit up (surprise!), and got a "Happy Birthday!" message with a "!" above my trainer.

The Pokemon Center music is different, more of a cutesy xylophone rendition. then my trainer ran up to Nurse Joy who says: "Many Happy Returns, Raven!" "I hope this will be a wonderful year for you!" also the Screen above Nurse Joy shows a Birthday Cake w/ Candles and a Ribbon above that :P!

Then clicking to Nurse Joy, she says: "Happy Birthday", "Please keep vising the Pokemon Center for many years to come!" , "Now, would you like to rest your Pokemon?"

Are there any other Birthday events in X&Y that anyone knows of :P?

I managed to find 1 besides the Pokemon center surprise :D

If you go to Pokemon-Amie and let Pokemon visit, the gifts they leave behind are all a "Supreme Wish Poke Puff".
    They have candles on top and a little unreadable thing stuck in them (probably meant to say Happy Birthday), and similar to the Supreme Honor Pokepuffs, they make your Pokemon give 5 Hearts.

Has anyone else experienced this yet :D?

Last edited:

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • I don't recall any other special event to partake on your b-day. They prob won't give a pokemon out due to those impatient kids that just change their birth date in settings. Other than that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Years
  • Happy Birthday Raven! I have always wondered what was the cake symbol that replaced the Nice star on some of my friends' profiles. I imagined it was there because it was their b-day but I still wasn't sure.

Sadly my b-day is in November x_x Do you think that changing your birthday date on the 3ds system will change it ingame too, or is it like Vivillon, it will be set to happen with the settings you had at the time you started the game? O_o Anyways, I'm so curious to see what it's like myself :P

Edit: I guess I'm one of those impatient kids? :P

Last edited:

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • Happy birthday Raven, I never knew that happened in the center but a cake icon appears and nice is replaced with congrats on the PSS.
    My birthday is in June so I have a while to wait to see it for myself.
    That's if I even remember to go on during my birthday :P

Pinta77

I was playing on my birthday.. but i never saw the thing in the pokemon center. Maybe i didnt go in

Years
  • Not yet! My birthday is April 27th so still a ways away. I've had some friends log in during their birthdays and it was always really cute to see that little cake icon. Can't wait for mine. :)

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Yeah, it's really nice. My b-day's on New Year's Eve, and though I wasn't going to play that day, I thought I'd see it with my own eyes. It's fun, and the puffs were a nice touch. Plus in the little time I was able to go online, I got 10 birthday wishes from people :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Happy birthday man!
    Mine was 29th Jan and seriously when I walked into a dark pokémon centre I was like "what kind of ghost girl **** is this!?" Then it dawned on me :D

Years
  • Mine's October 1st so still a ways away for me, but I did sorta see the scene for myself accidentally when I didn't notice my 3DS' birthday setting was on the wrong date. I've set it to the correct date now but yeah can't wait to I see it again when October comes around!

Back