• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Birthday Threads

Should "Happy Birthday" Threads be gone?

• Just have one thread for them all and sticky it

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Make a subforum for them

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • They're fine where they are

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber Link

Sexier than Raichu Master
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    I think there are WAY too many "Happy Birthday" threads in the other chat forum, someone needs to do something with them. I say either make one thread (and sticky it) so people can give a happy birthday shout out. Or make a subforum for them. Cause I think it's getting annoying to have to search through them all to find a thread.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Long time ago there was a sticky. But that was taken off. :/

A subforum would be kinda cool I think...

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Well, I disagree =3

I think people have a chance to feel singled out (in a good way) on their birthdays if they have their own thread...besides, it would get UBER spammed up if we made a thread for them all..

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    JKaizer said:
    Long time ago there was a sticky. But that was taken off. :/

A subforum would be kinda cool I think...
    I somewhat agree with the subform,It could be like a special day subfroum like Chirstmas,News Years Etc.I think there should be Birthday Threads.

Cyber Link

Sexier than Raichu Master
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Eliana said:
    Well, I disagree =3

I think people have a chance to feel singled out (in a good way) on their birthdays if they have their own thread...besides, it would get UBER spammed up if we made a thread for them all..

Then have them singled out in a subforum.

Look at it this way, have just one thread spammed up, or a whole forum spammed up. Take your pick. I'd rather have a thread spammed up than a whole forum. And if you don't want anything spammed up, put in a sub forum to eliminate the spam.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Holy CRAP yes...right now I'm discussing with the staff if we should make another sub-forum...

Cause as you can tell, OC also has a bunch of stickied threads, and another happy birthday thread that's stickied would be spammed to oblivion.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • I think a sub-forum might be ok.
    But we got rid of the sticked thread because it got spammy. And if you missed someone's birthday then they would feel real bad about it because other members got wished happy birthday and they didn't.
    So I think a sub-forum would be ok, but what I don't like is it's only about one thing. I mean in the computers forum you can talk about more then one thing. But a birthday froum would just be birthdays and in a way kind of pointless (because it's just "happy birthday ..." and that's it).

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • This is my opinion:
    Threads - Yes, they SPAM up the OC. But, I do think it's better than a sticky. I'll tell you why in a second...
    Sticky - Ugh. Another sticky to the OC (as if we don't have enough). It takes the fun out of making a threaad. A sticky makes it impersonal.
    Sub-forum - This isn't bad. But, that would be one sub-forum for one thing. That doesn't make sense.

So I think keep the threads...even though I voted different.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Yeah, a Happy Birthday sub-forum sounds good (it's better than having OC crowded with hundreds of birthday threads).

Andy said:
    So I think a sub-forum would be ok, but what I don't like is it's only about one thing. I mean in the computers forum you can talk about more then one thing. But a birthday froum would just be birthdays and in a way kind of pointless (because it's just "happy birthday ..." and that's it).

Well, I guess another possible alternative would be to shove them in Funtime (although they don't really fit in there, and then we'd have funtime crowded with birthday threads).

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Flaming Torchic said:
    Yeah, a Happy Birthday sub-forum sounds good (it's better than having OC crowded with hundreds of birthday threads).

Well, I guess another possible alternative would be to shove them in Funtime (although they don't really fit in there, and then we'd have funtime crowded with birthday threads).
    Well Fun Time is really just for games and stuff. Like you said Nick birthday threads really dosen't fit in a game forum. So if they are going to be moved then I think a new forum would be best if they are not going in OC.

That Guy

aka Amphros23
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2011
    I think they should stay the way they are. I dont really like the sticky idea cause like Andrea-Chan said the old one got spammy, so the new one would probably get spammed up. There is no need to make a subforum for just birthdays cause that is just retarded. :P

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • That Guy said:
    I think they should stay the way they are. I dont really like the sticky idea cause like Andrea-Chan said the old one got spammy, so the new one would probably get spammed up. There is no need to make a subforum for just birthdays cause that is just retarded. :P

But if they stay the way they are, then other threads will be over-shadowed and pushed back to the second and third pages (actually, it's already happening).

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you; the idea isn't that great, but what better alternatives do we have?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Solution: Create more threads to make the birthday threads go away.

Honestly, this is a temporary thing. I think we've just happened to have a lot of popular members' birthdays recently. o_o; A subforum would be far too spammy and I think it would have a Member Fanclub sort of effect... in which everyone would create a thread for everyone... regardless of whether or not they knew them. Plus, the threads would probably never die and just become a clone of a fanclub. <_<;; I don't mind the way it is now... just wait for it to get back to normal. o_o

That Guy

aka Amphros23
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2011
    Yeah you do make a good point, but why dont you just take them out all together. I mean if someone really wanted to wish them a happy birthday wouldnt they just PM or IM them or something. I bet half the people who make HB threads or post in them dont even know who the person is...

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Six words: Leave it the way it is. Just leave it. A sticky would create spam, and the sub-forum would take the special feeling and meaning out of it, not to mention the fun. So, there is my two cents. xD;; ~origin

Ryuki

Master Of Water & Ice
    Years
  • Cyber Link said:
    I think there are WAY too many "Happy Birthday" threads in the other chat forum, someone needs to do something with them. I say either make one thread (and sticky it) so people can give a happy birthday shout out. Or make a subforum for them. Cause I think it's getting annoying to have to search through them all to find a thread.

Most of the forums I visit have an official happy birthday threat..this forum should have one too. ^^

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    Solution: Create more threads to make the birthday threads go away.

Honestly, this is a temporary thing. I think we've just happened to have a lot of popular members' birthdays recently. o_o; A subforum would be far too spammy and I think it would have a Member Fanclub sort of effect... in which everyone would create a thread for everyone... regardless of whether or not they knew them. Plus, the threads would probably never die and just become a clone of a fanclub. <_<;; I don't mind the way it is now... just wait for it to get back to normal. o_o

Yeah, well the T-Card trend was temporary, but that didn't stop it from being incredibly popular for quite a few months (it may even still be popular).

I don't want to have to wait a few months for this to end. For the time being, OC is dominated by these threads, and I'd like it if we could just do something about it now, atleast until it actually dies down.

Lady Origin said:
    Six words: Leave it the way it is. Just leave it. A sticky would create spam, and the sub-forum would take the special feeling and meaning out of it, not to mention the fun. So, there is my two cents. xD;; ~origin

How would it take the fun out of it? oO' We'd just be making a sub-forum for it so that we can let the real discussions actually be on the first page. =X

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Blah, point taken. To be honest, I had checked OC, but I didn't realize how scary it was until just now. o_O;

So... I guess the best thing to do at the moment is just create a subforum and get them out of the way... even if it's only temporary. x_x; I still don't want to because I don't want there to be a ton of useless birthday threads, but... looks like there is no other choice. o_o That gets my vote, I guess.

Years
  • I think a sub-forum would work very well. It wouldn't have to be for just birthdays; you could make it for all holiday-like celebrations, so it would have a wider subject area. ^^

But that's just my thoughts on it~

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • girlgenius said:
    I think a sub-forum would work very well. It wouldn't have to be for just birthdays; you could make it for all holiday-like celebrations, so it would have a wider subject area. ^^

But that's just my thoughts on it~

That's not a bad idea, but this would probably just be temporary, and once the birthday threads die down, it would become pretty inactive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back