• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Birthday USA! - US Independence Day

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    In the United States, Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of
    Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.
    Happy Birthday USA! - US Independence Day

Independence Day, celebrated on July 4th every year, is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, political speeches and ceremonies, and various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    COOL
    I knew it that. Happy Independence Day! I got a picture of fancy cake on wikipedia. RIGHT HERE. It is too big to put in the post, even in spoilers.

Years
    Aren't you a day early? It's the 3rd, the birthday of the USA is the 4th.

Did anyone do this sort of thing on Sunday for us North of America. I DON'T THINK SO, I probably wouldn't notice it because I was going out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Happy birthday, all of you Americans. I don't see why you get a birthday post but not Canada- our birthday just happened on Sunday!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Whoa, the thread was made two days earlier.

Anyways, happy Independence Day everyone. Hope you guys enjoy seeing fireworks. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Happy birthday America, hope you get lots of presents! Save me some cake :D

Serious though I'm jealous; I wish we had days like this in England. :c

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I used to be so happy when the holiday would arrive, good family fun with fireworks, and watching the neighbors do the same..... around 2007 or 2008 things started to change, so many stupid people getting hurt by misusing fire works prompted Seattle and the surrounding cities to ban fireworks in the city/county limits.

Once the holiday comes around, its just fill with sadness/anger at the same time

Happy Birthday USA!!! Cheers from Seattle!!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Happy independence day, America. Hope you all get to enjoy some fireworks and parades and carnivals and whatever else you do to celebrate this day :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    HAPPY Canada Day!

You don't get one because: a) I'm not Canadian b) no one else made one for Canada
    :P We try to keep those kinds of things out of the announcements forum since this is an international forum. Or at least, that's why I never do one. Never quite seems fair if we aren't making one for every country's individual holidays.

Anyway. Enjoy fireworks, everyone!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    :P We try to keep those kinds of things out of the announcements forum since this is an international forum. Or at least, that's why I never do one. Never quite seems fair if we aren't making one for every country's individual holidays.

Every day is a holiday somewhere.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    It's still July 3rd where I am, but considering that I won't have time to do this tomorrow... >.>

Happy 236th Birthday, United States of America!

HAPPY Canada Day!

You don't get one because: a) I'm not Canadian b) no one else made one for Canada

:cer_laugh: Well, does it count that I noticed the little "Canada Day" caption on "July 1st" of my 2012 calendar? :D

Happy birthday America, hope you get lots of presents! Save me some cake :D

Serious though I'm jealous; I wish we had days like this in England. :c

LOL...you'd think that each country would have its own "Independence Day", but then again, you remember that some countries did more "conquering" than others and aren't really 'independent' from another country. XD Maybe England could get a National Day or something similar instituted..?

I used to be so happy when the holiday would arrive, good family fun with fireworks, and watching the neighbors do the same..... around 2007 or 2008 things started to change, so many stupid people getting hurt by misusing fire works prompted Seattle and the surrounding cities to ban fireworks in the city/county limits.

Once the holiday comes around, its just fill with sadness/anger at the same time

Happy Birthday USA!!! Cheers from Seattle!!

Yikes; sucks about the fireworks banning. :x Those people should really learn to handle such things with caution...and certain people should also STOP SETTING FIREWORKS OFF BEFORE JULY 4TH EVEN GETS HERE SO THAT SOME OF US CAN GET SOME FREAKING SLEEP! WAIT UNTIL THE FREAKING HOLIDAY GETS HERE TO LIGHT YOUR FIREWORKS! [/endrandomrant]

Yeah; I was a bit surprised to see this thread in the Announcements subforum rather than somewhere like Other Chat... :/ Although America totally rocks all the other countries' socks off (most of the time), it does seem unfair for U.S. holidays to get headlined while other countries' "Independence Day"s fall off the radar...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah; I was a bit surprised to see this thread in the Announcements subforum rather than somewhere like Other Chat... :/ Although America totally rocks all the other countries' socks off (most of the time), it does seem unfair for U.S. holidays to get headlined while other countries' "Independence Day"s fall off the radar...

Wait, but Canada got total independence in 1982. We became a country in 1867. So, every day is Canada day because it took over 100 years to get where we are?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    12:13 AM here in Louisiana, and I can hear fireworks already. Happy Birthday USA.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    And you know my extended family is sitting somewhere in China judging me :P pssht 236 years

YAAAAAY AMERRRICA

So anywho enjoy your fireworks. I don't like them personally because I don't like being outside, but suit yourself.

Well harpy barddy amurricuh hope you make it another year :P

LadyAyeka

Warlord of Aurora
    Years
    Happy Birthday to America!

(Though technically, the decision to declare independence was made on July SECOND, not July 4th. Not that anybody probably cares).

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    Happy birthday, America!

Here's hoping for many more~

It is 2:04 am where I am, and fireworks are still being fired! they are shaking my windows, brb dying

Back