• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Chri-HOLIDAYS!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Master Blaze said:
    My church doesn't believe in the book of Revelations ;P [in literal text] so I don't believe it is gonna end with a church run by the anti christ and satan :3

But hey it makes me wonder if Satanics have to do with this whole abolish Merry Christmas thing :3 They do have the way around the judicial system *pokes the amazing (yet canceled) T.V Show Revelations*

Of course the description parts of Revelations are figurative...the writer was describing incredibly-advanced technology in the only ways someone living in 60 AD could. But, as far as things like the antichrist are concerned, don't fool yourself into thinking it's codeword for "Happy Sunshine Man".

There's a difference between being a satanist and a secularist...because, as far as secularists are concerned, satanism is a religion and something that they would not want to be affiliated with for good or ill. The eradication of Christmas is the work of those with no affiliation, but merely a hatred, veiled in the guise of law and equality, of the Christian religion in particular.

Revelations was a mini-series, no?

Pokemon Master XD

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2006
    On fox news, they said that they were trying to name the christmas tree the holiday tree... That's just sad... To some kids, christmas is just about Santa and their presents. It proves it in a christmas special of Dexter's Laboratory. Dexter: "So what's christmas really about?" Santa: "The presents." Yeah. I watch cartoons. GO COURAGE!!!
    Anyway, other people think it's just a 2-day break (Including Christmas Eve). Their ruining christmas so bad, that most people forget what christmas is about.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    I say, if you hate 'Happy Holidays" everyone should put "Merry Christmas" in their signature.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Revelations was a mini-series, no?
    No, if you watch the final episode it was open for a continuation but NBC decided to just cancel it :\

I wish that people would just say Merry Christmas...

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I remember one time that a friend of a friend of mine sent a letter to ABC saying "A lot of your lawyer and jury related shows have been showing a lot of deals with homosexuality. And in almost every episode, it's about the gay person being oppressed and the "intolerant" christian trying to ruin everything. I dislike how secular you guys have become."

That wasn't his letter word for word, but that was the just of it.

ABC's response

"Maybe you should your nose out of some old piece of fiction and wake up. It's the 21st century and times of changed. We don't have time for the intolerant christians trying to make everything their way blah blah"

The first sentence is word for word, but the rest is a jist.

how sad

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I do find it rather annoying that everyone must now say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas", especially if one believes in the Christian faith. <<; Honestly, what makes everyone think that by saying "Merry Christmas" we're going to offend people of other religions? Do they not have their own right to wish people a "Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Kwanzaa" should they be of the religion which celebrates that certain holiday?

Yes, if you cannot tell, I'm aggravated with this. XD In my opinion, this whole country is just getting more and more effed up. >__________<;; We're being so petty and awfully picky about what people choose to say or do in this country. *cough* What the Hell ever happened to "Freedom of Speech and Religion"? XD *pats the Bill of Rights* The poor thing, 'tis so neglected nowadays. ;-;

~Kelsey

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Dakota said:
    I remember one time that a friend of a friend of mine sent a letter to ABC saying "A lot of your lawyer and jury related shows have been showing a lot of deals with homosexuality. And in almost every episode, it's about the gay person being oppressed and the "intolerant" christian trying to ruin everything. I dislike how secular you guys have become."

That wasn't his letter word for word, but that was the just of it.

ABC's response

"Maybe you should your nose out of some old piece of fiction and wake up. It's the 21st century and times of changed. We don't have time for the intolerant christians trying to make everything their way blah blah"

The first sentence is word for word, but the rest is a jist.

how sad
    ...I'm like freaking out.

Our world is evil. Unfortunately. It's really really depressing if you look at it. When I get older, I'm going to push a social reform movement. We've gotten out of hand.

I wish things were more like they used to be ~ Christmas was to be cherished <3

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    The world is ending....

I may sound intolerant, but the more homosexuality is accepted the more sinful our world gets. I can no longer support such a thing because I am supporting Satan....

I just feel bad if I am mean to one, because I truthfully don't think it is their fault (genetics) however cannot support Gay Marriage....

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Master Blaze said:
    The world is ending....

I may sound intolerant, but the more homosexuality is accepted the more sinful our world gets. I can no longer support such a thing because I am supporting Satan....

I just feel bad if I am mean to one, because I truthfully don't think it is their fault (genetics) however cannot support Gay Marriage....
    You've never read the bible in full have you? Or even any other biblical text?

As for the marriage thing, it's a state/law marriage, if it was a church marriage, then it'd be wrong. You're taught to be tolerant people and not judge them for what they believe in but for the actions they do. Even if I have a problem with it, I don't have a problem with the people and it's not our place to judge, but I don't wanna get into another one of these conversations.

Kaneda Morspeed

Only the most powerful win...
    Years
    Err... I just saw a Christmas commercial for Oreck (the vacuums), and in it, Santa Claus says, "Ho Ho Ho! Happy Holidays!" :'( They totally got it wrong.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Kazuhito said:

As for the marriage thing, it's a state/law marriage, if it was a church marriage, then it'd be wrong. You're taught to be tolerant people and not judge them for what they believe in but for the actions they do. Even if I have a problem with it, I don't have a problem with the people and it's not our place to judge, but I don't wanna get into another one of these conversations.

I am tolerant, as a Webmaster I must because some of my once (now ex) closest friends were homosexuals. As a Roman Catholic you are taught to be kind to them, and not to hate them just because of their orientation.

However as a individual I despise how people are doing it because it is "popular" or just to be "different". It makes me very uneasy about what kind of world we are creating for our grandkids.

And yes I saw that Orek commerical, but hey if I was that old dude who never made any sales I would be desperate too ;P

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Kazuhito said:

I actually look at it more akin to you~

Hate the sin, love the sinner. This is going to get out of hand pretty soon <_<; Let's be careful.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I love everyone <3

God loves everyone EVEN Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler, so I mean why hate anyone o_o

But we are totally getting off the topic at hand, it is about how Merry Christmas is being replaced which is so tragic.... I mean sooner or later it is just going to be generic tradition and we just decorate our houses and give gifts for no reason....

No more christmas trees... A pagan world.... please have me die beforehand.

Back