• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hard and easy Gyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amphie

Sweet girl
Years
  • Which Gym Leader was the hardest for you, and which was veeery easy?

For me, the hardest was 7th Gym, with Lisa&Tate. Solrock and Lunatone have good Defence+ Lisa&Tate still used Super Potions. I had one, dark type pokemon- Absol, but Absol was too weak for them =/

Very easy Gym was....Winona`s Gym^^ I know, she has Altaria with E-quake, but my Camerput won with Altaria without problems:)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    They're all still far too easy, but I guess the least easy one would have to be dependant on your starter.

Either Norman(Mudkip,Treeko) or Tate & Liza(Torchic).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Well they are all easy...

Norman
    Wattson (supersonic... annoying)
    Wallace
    (all others equally easy or even suffer KO hits from me)

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
  • I had a hard time with Brawly, Winona, and Wattson.

The easiest was definately Flannery and Tate and Liza.

I thought Norman was the most fun to fight for some reason ^^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • nothing beats the joy of humiliating the gym leaders with a Pokemon that they're strong against yet still capable of KOing the gym leader's Pokemon *rofl at the memories of Sceptile KOing Slugmas with Leaf Blade and Quick Attack*

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Eh, the only gym leaders I've ever had trouble with were Norman and Wattson the first time around...I was just too weak.

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    Norman, as well as Tate and Liza. Those were the two gyms that I needed to fight them more than once to get the badges.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    The easiest to beat is roxanne, but all the first gym leaders are easy.Hardest was wattson.(Darn steel types!)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I found when you train only two Pokemon, they gyms are very easy. I did this with Mudkip and Shroomish who evolved of course. Were at the tasty level 53 by the time I reached the elites (but would've been higher if I had fought more swimmers, I hate those guys).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I started with Treecko, which made the Roxanne easy and Wattson hard

Tate&Liza and Norman were probably the hardest gym leaders tho...
    I think I beat Norman with a Sableye that knew Toxic/Detect (I hated to waste a TM, but it was the best idea I could come up with at the time)
    I think I used Pelipper's Surf + Sableye's Faint Attack to beat Tate&Liza...

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • I think the hardest gyms are Winnoa and Norman(Why, thank god Norman 's slaking was loafing around, I nearly lost!)

knives

I R Intelligentz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    Omega-Brendan said:
    I think the hardest gyms are Winnoa and Norman(Why, thank god Norman 's slaking was loafing around, I nearly lost!)

Petalburg gym is the easiest when you have dig and/or fly
    what i mean is you dig, they attack and miss LOL, so you attack,they
    can't attack because there lofting around then you use dig and so on and so forth.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Or you could use a pokemon with protect.Attack when they loaf around, and protect when they attack.It works excellently.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • For me, the hardest was Brawly. He wiped out my Pokemon, even when I was using Water-types. X_X
    The easiest for me were probably Lisa&Tate. Their Pokemon seemed really weak to me. :P I don't know why...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back