• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hard to obtain pokes

Years
  • Post hard to obtain pokemon. This can be spesific (breeding, lv., SRs, ect), but perferably not general eg. "articuno."

The most tidious pokemon to obtain ever would have to be a less than Lv. 9 male clefable. see, you have to hatch a male cleffa (because you can't catch them less than Lv. 9), evolve it with a bunch of berries or some other method and evolve it again w / a moon stone.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    shroomish with Spore

He's a little bastard, gotta get to a pretty high level <_<

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • A shiny Modest Unown A with Hidden Power Fire, power 42.

Thread over. XD

But seriously, for me, it's so far been Timid Heatran with Hidden Power Ice. For the life of me, I cannot find one.

Longest successful run was Modest Speed Boost Yanma. Took me 53 of them to finally have it. And due to the massive amount of success I've had with Yanmega in my battles, it was well worth it.

Years
  • Mine would probably be the three legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune). Since I don't have Pokemon Colosseum, the only way I can get them is from my Fire Red version but you only get one of them. :(

To make matters worse, their IVs are always very terrible due to a programming glitch. I've done about 4 to 5 playthroughs through Fire Red in the past and caught the roaming legendary each time. Every time I checked its IVs, it always had 0 in Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed.

Here's a sample Raikou that I have in Diamond:

12/6/0/0/0/0

Absolute failure.

Years
  • Mine would probably be the three legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune). Since I don't have Pokemon Colosseum, the only way I can get them is from my Fire Red version but you only get one of them. :(

To make matters worse, their IVs are always very terrible due to a programming glitch. I've done about 4 to 5 playthroughs through Fire Red in the past and caught the roaming legendary each time. Every time I checked its IVs, it always had 0 in Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed.

Here's a sample Raikou that I have in Diamond:

12/6/0/0/0/0

Absolute failure.

That realy sucks, caus I just got a fire red. Hope mine isn't gliched like yours.

Any more??

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Bagon. I couldn't find a single one of these in R/S/E till after I beat the Elite 4.
    ...So...? You still got one...

Level 1 Unown with HP Dragon 59 power and shiny. Wait, I mean level 5. And timid. Sorry, in Adv, it's impossible to get one. :D I WIN!!

Seriously, it would be...that. Yeah. Can't think of anything else.

Years
  • clearifacation

hmm, post hard to obtain pokemon, not impossible. the whole shroomish thing I can understand, but unknowns? that's just rediculus.

Years
  • I'd say Raikou every time i tried to catch him he allways ran in both Firered and gold/silver/crystal version

Years
  • Trying to find the swarm Pokemon in G/S without having the respective trainer calling you first is extremely hard. I once was lucky enough to run into a Snubble without a swarm, but for all the others, I needed the phone number.

Years
  • Trying to find the swarm Pokemon in G/S without having the respective trainer calling you first is extremely hard. I once was lucky enough to run into a Snubble without a swarm, but for all the others, I needed the phone number.

what? explain please.

ffffiiiiillllleeerrr

Years
  • what? explain please.

ffffiiiiillllleeerrr
    I'm talking about catching the six "swarm" Pokemon in Gold and Silver (Dunsparce, Yanma, Qwilfish, Remoraid, Snubble, and Marill). Trying to catch these six without first trading phone numbers with the respective trainer that alerts you to a swarm is pretty difficult, given the fact that they have a 1% appearance ratio.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I know what you mean. I still haven't caught Remoraid in my Crystal because that annoying fisherman has never called me. :'(

To me, the hardest pokemon to obtain were the legendary beasts: Entei and Raikou. I don't count Suicune because it was quite easy to catch it in Crystal. But the other two... I could spend countless hours trying to at least see them and not making any progress. When I tried to get to the same area where they were, they always run away. I tried walking between two grassy routes, hoping that they would eventually come there, too, but they always avoided me. Just when I thought I had them cornered, they jumped to the other side of the map all of a sudden. And even if I sometimes got them on the same area, they didn't nesessarily appear before they moved to another route. And battling them lasted only couple of turns before they escaped and I had to try again. Well, at least Mean look helped me a little. Well, eventually I caught them, but it took years for me to do it. Of course, I just occasionally hunted them and then gave up. I didn't try hard for all those years. ;)

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Any shiny legendary, one with good stats.

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I don't know if this was mentioned but a Feebas in Diamond and Pearl is incredibly hard to get (for me anyway). Poffins aren't nearly as successive as PokéBlock.

Back