• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • Cobalion and Terrakion both took around 40 of my Ultra Balls, compared to Virizion who only took around about 4. :L

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Cobalion Kyurem and Sawk, everything else was surprisingly easy. When I first found Sawk I ended up struggle killing the stupid thing using Great Balls. Cobalion took a good 5 struggle kill tries. Kyurem was also a loser about being caught. Oh, I might seems crazy for this but does anybody else yell/sweet talk legendaries and crap when you have trouble catching them?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Victini was very difficult. Took me 20 great balls to get it. Everything else was surprisingly easy to catch though.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Zekrom (HP in the red + sleep) - 2 Ultra balls
    Cobalion (HP in the yellow) - 1 Ultra ball

Now those were easy (probably lucky) but Victini was VERY annoying.
    Victini (False Swipe to 1HP + sleep) - all 30 of my Ultra balls then I threw a Timer ball just to see if it would work and it did :(

Mark9

Toto Trainer
    Years
  • Reading through these posts I feel stupidly lucky as none have required me to reset. Each legendary I've only had to battle once before I've captured them. Victini and Zekrom took no time at all, weakened down, paralyzed and only one ultra ball for capture.

The one that took most balls was Terrakion.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Easily Metang.
    I used all 75 dusk balls on it (at midnight)
    and 30 ultra balls, eventually it struggled to death.
    Caught it the second time, used 40 or so dusk balls.

I know! it took me 3 tries and 3 return trips ( my pokemon fainted ) I finally caught with like one hp paralyzation and a great ball, it still took me more than 38 of my pokeballs
    ( 38 of my ultra balls ) and I got no critical captures.

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • @Onix161, How'd you bypass the 25 character rule?

And my hardest to catch was Victini ot Thundrus.

Thunderus is in Red health and Sleeping, iwait till night, use dusk balls, won't work. I can't friggin' catch it!

Years
  • I can't remember it's name, but the one in the desert that floated with all the colors and the feather-things... took A MILLION POKEBALLS and I killed like three on accident >.<

I caught Victini after two tries O.o

Last edited:

neonat2

The short one
    Years
  • For me was a Sawk that I had encountered in the beginning of the game. Took 19 pokeballs, 4 heal balls, and 23 greats balls. Finally caught him in a great ball.

Complans

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2015
    For me, it was Metang. But it only took me 8 Dusk Balls though :)

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Deino and metang...90 pokeballs totally !#@%#& !!!!

Years
  • so far, if we're talking successful catches, it would have to be my Timburr before the Nacrene Gym. Took all 15 of my pokeballs and the 2 great balls I found on my travels to that point.

Unsuccessfully, it would have to be Sigilyph (sp?) in the Desert Resort. When it was in the red, i threw an Ultra ball, it broke free without rolling even once, and the sandstorm killed him. >:(

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Not counting the legendary Pokémon, I suppose the hardest one to catch would be Emonga or Drilbur. I spent what seemed like hours running around the caves until I found that first disturbance in the sand for the latter. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm having a problem with capturing Victini, even when its status are lowered, at 1HP and asleep, it just does not want to stay inside of the ball (what is your problem Victini)

:t354:TG

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Drillbur, I hate looking for one in the caves and I found two, they were both female, sorry but Excadrill doesn't suit being female for me :(

Back