• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    tornadus, got what a bi*ch. I must have wasted more than 50 balls in total .

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Terrakion, thank you for completely wiping out my inventory of Ultra Balls... I managed to catch it on my VERY last one.

Doubles

Fire Angel Dragon Thing...:3
    Years
  • Thunderus of course for me I still haven't caught it once I got a watchog with mean look I did everything lowered it's health used like over 20 ultra balls and 10 timer balls in the end it killled watchog and the next time I met it used false swipe heatlh got to yellow it left next encounter Put it to sleep It still roams asleep and at yellow heatlh WTH

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    My hardest catch had to be Metang. It REFUSED to be caught! I'm not even sure how long that battle lasted, but I know I used about 30 Ultra Balls. Luckily, my Timer Ball was put into good use. I only had one.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Victini: 1 QuickBall, 25 PokeBalls, 30 GreatBalls, 15 UltraBalls, 2 HealBalls, 1 DuskBall, 3 NetBalls, & caught it with my last PokeBall.

Maggazone

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Mine was Victini it was in red health and paralised and it took me 156 pokeballs! Lucky I stocked up pokeballs before I went to catch it!

Vangaurd227

Pokemon Veteran
    Years
  • Victini..my first legendary on black...an unusual thing happend
    i found it in that basement thingy and battled it till its hp was down to 3 and i put it to sleep but i still couldent catch it

i came back after my pokemon were a bit stronger to see if it would be any easier and the weirdest thing happend...i hit the wrong button when the battle started up and it excidently though a pokeball at it on round 1....and it caught it :D IT WAS AT FULL HP ON TH FIRST ROUND AND I CAUGHT IT WITH A POKEBALL? THATSS WIERD!!!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I haven't gotten to the major legendaries yet but I had a really hard time catching a Sawk O.o I lowered its HP to almost nothing, paralyzed it, and continuously lowered its defense and it still used up all of my pokeballs to catch it.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Well, okay, I won't give the answer of any legends because, well, they are supposed to be hard to catch!
    My answer would be Darmanitan. It kept on dying because of the freaking sandstorm!! It was paralyzed, had red health, and still would not stay in the ball! So it dies... ;;

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Most were pretty easy, Like for Kyurem and Zekrom I just threw ultra balls and dusks at them for awhile..And then just threw one timer ball and caught them ^_^. Victini was annoying, finally got it with a heal ball (lolz, was my last ball too) Cobalion and the Visi guy werent too much of a challenge though...I think the hardest was Thundurus. Took me an hour to find the route he was on, cuz everytime I got to the supposed "storming route" he had moved..When I finally found him, he ran, spent another 15 minutes tracking him down, and just said "screw this, master ball time!" XD.

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Even though I've vowed to do a Premier Ball challenge for every Legendary I've met, it surprisingly isn't as tough as I'd imagined. o_O Albeit, it takes a few resets, but eventually the Premier Ball just manages to click its way to victory...

Critical captures always fail for me, ironically. ;_;

Anyway, with that being said, I think the toughest legendary one was Terrakion. It pretty much took the longest, but, to my recollection, I had a Fraxure or something, and False Swipe wasn't to my favor.

Otherwise, it'll have to be Volcarona. My Pokemon were severely underleveled when I met this beast, so I just relied on chucking Quick Balls and resetting when things got ugly (In other words, after the 2nd Quick Ball). It took over 10 retries, haha. xD

EPikachu

ROBLOX Elite Four #3
    Years
  • Cobalion. False Swipe was not very affective ad Sacred Sword HUUUUURTS.
    Made it go nighty night eventually lowering to 1 HP and it only went in
    on my 2nd last great ball >_<.
    Used:
    31 Ultras
    12 Greats
    43 Poke ball
    1 Quick ball
    6 Timer Balls

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I think was all had trouble catching those rare Pokemon. Lol, it's the not-so-rare ones that get frustrating when hard to capture. Haha.

Back