• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest cave

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Gen 1: Rock Tunnel
    Gen 2: Ice Path
    Gen 3: Magma/Aqua Hideout underwater. They suck.
    Gen 4: Turnback Cave, Victory Road ( I like the Exp thye gave, btw), Distortion World.
    Gen 5: Mistralton Cave, Chargestone Cave.

Years
    Seafoam Islands. Maybe because I was younger, but I always got lost and could never get the boulders where they need to go. Pushing boulders around while battling endless Pokémon is also hnrrrrrgh.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I think the most annoying thing out of all the games is the Ice Path. Whenever I play G/S/C or HG/SS, I never get to the 8th gym. The Ice Path is what keeps me from going anywhere. I hate that place so much because it takes up so much of my time. I'm always stuck at that place, and too lazy to try to get through. In both my Crystal and my SS version, right now, i'm at the very entrance, and i'm not going in. Words cannot express my hatred of that place. Ice Path sucks.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
    In any pokemon game, I found Victory Road extremely annoying to get through.
    The numerous paths and pokemon constantly appearing every 3 steps you walk... X.X

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'd say Rock Tunnel, it was tough as well as the Victory Road! .. D': .. The Ice Path was pretty fun for me, it was hard, although I enjoyed solving it. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm a massive cheat when it comes to anything remotely 'hard' in the game, so normally succumb to walkthroughs whenever possible. Because of that, none of the tunnels were particularly hard, but that's only because I knew exactly where to go, which boulders to push where, and which bits of ice to slide on. However, attempting the Ice Path for the first time in Gold version without a walkthrough (I must have misplaced it on that particular time) proved to be quite the conundrum!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    The only cave I hate is RSE Victory Road. It wasn't exacly hard, and the encounters don't bother me one bit since even when I was younger I used repels. The biggest problem I have with it (besides one of the trainers being a double battle with a Slaking and a Gardevoir, and the Gardevoir uses ability switch [making Slaking virtually unstoppable~)] is that you need almost every HM in-game (everything but Cut, Fly and Dive) to get through it. That made it so that I had to take TWO HM Slaves, also letting the two most overleveled in my team in the box, and making them severely under leveled after I was done with the cave. The annoyance may also come from the fact I only learned you needed waterfall, rock smash, and flash (I knew you needed strength, like in all VRs, but that was all) mid-way through it, making me go through all of it four times.

Part of it may also be from the fact that the pokés you can catch there were 2 levels under mine, making 2HKOs and 3HKOs very common. Which made me feel weak x)

I actually love Icy Path, and even though Rock Tunnel was a pain before I decided to bring flash slaves (I was 6 the first two times I went through it), I've grown attached to it. I like puzzles (poké ones, mind you, most of the others are plain boring) and sliding around pushing boulders in ice is fun, imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Rock Tunnel, and Black and White's main two caves: Chargestone & Victory Road.

What sucks is that I never use Repel, so you can see why I hate the latter two. tbh actually, Mount Silver also sucks @ HGSS since it's so freaking long and seems to go on forever.

Back