• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Final Boss Fight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    So, ever came across a final boss that was too hard for you? Post there.
    Final Boss could refer to:
    -The last major boss
    -The last level in the game
    -Fake final boss (final boss in a playthrough, but not the true final boss in say, a 100% playthrough)
    -Basically anything to finish to game

Me, personally, I was playing Advance Wars. It was a smooth ride throughout (with some exceptions, **** you Drake), but there was a huge difficulty spike by the end.

Hardest Final Boss Fight

The first mission you face the "final boss" in, Enigma, wasn't too bad but rather too long because the map was huge. Took me like an hour to beat, but it wasn't too bad.

But the mission after, "The Final Battle!", is where I probably started ripping my hair out. Basically, it's the first (probably only? didnt unlock the extra mission) mission where you actually use more than one CO (commanding officer) and army. Sounds easy right? Haha, yeah well, that's what I thought too...till I got my ass handed over to me.
    Hardest Final Boss Fight

Basically you start the map with few units and money each army, but Sturm (thats the final boss) has pretty much the best units in a handful turn 1, and keeps making them because he's got a crap ton of money. Turn 1 he won't do anything to you unless you move your units on range, when you should capture bases so you can get more money instead. Turn 2 he starts using his broken CO power, where he drops a meteor to the block with your best unit, dropping their HP to 2, rendering them near useless. He does this every 3 or 4 turns.

The start of the mission is hard, you have to basically survive the all out rush with your middle army, then start bulding units on all of them. You basically have to quickly send units from the left and right army to help out the middle one, because if they're out, the fight becomes near impossible. This phase is surviving, and depending on how you do, it'll determine how hard the later turns will be.
    Hardest Final Boss Fight
    Hardest Final Boss Fight
    Hardest Final Boss Fight

The worst thing about this is that, you could get completely ****ed up depending on how you did in the whole campaign. See, the game chooses the left and right army COs for you. The left side isn't too bad, since Grit (indirect units et extra power, direct units are weaker) and Max (opposite of Grit) are fantastic against Sturm. Olaf isn't too bad, but he's basically another Andy (the main CO of your middle army), and his CO power hurts more than you helps. It's the right side that you get completed screwed over. If you avoided the harder Green Earth missions or didn't get an S rank in three particular missions, you'll get Sami, who is absolutely useless against Sturm because every unit that isn't an infantry (who are pretty much useless in this one, because her base capturing skill isn't needed at all and they all suck in combat) are gimped, making this all MUCH more harder. Drake's alright, he's basically Andy since there's no naval units in the map but because his CO power will waste Sturm's money he's pretty useful. Eagle and Kanbei are great though, the former can destroy Sturm with his air units (but you have to be extremely careful, since Sturm deploys a LOT of anti-air units) and Kanbei gets 40% more attack against Sturm's units and his 20% defense negates Sturm's 20% attack, with his overpriced units being the only downfall. I got Grit and Sami, because I wussed out. Sami is actually my best CO but she god damned sucks in this map. This is the worst possible combination because Andy will be the only one with decent direct combat units, the other two having 20% less attack in that case.

The only thing that balances this is Sturm having 20% less defense, but that doesn't matter when he attacks first with his 20% extra attack because the less HP a unit has, the weaker the unit is. And he will attack first.
    Hardest Final Boss Fight

I finally beat the bastard today after weeks of trying. Took a lot of persistence, but I somehow managed after like 58 days (turns), which is like 1.5-2 hours. But god damn he was hard. I'm in the middle of Advance Wars 2 and I heard the final boss is even harder in that one? God damn.

To be honest I never had troubles with a final boss before with only tw exception, one that wasn't as hard as this one, and the other I never beat after years of playing. I didn't wanna post it because I haven't beaten it, but I might if I feel like it.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Hardest Boss for Tim:

I said it in the last thread asking for the hardest boss I've faced and I'll say it again.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, second part of the last battle, 6 bijuus, 2 at once, no health recovery and after four you have to spar with Tobito...

That was a long night.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Cool thread, Spino.

I can think of a few tough final bosses off of the top of my head:

1) Duke's 3rd form in Tales of Vesperia.
    Duke normally has 2 forms/stages, neither of which is terribly difficult. The 3rd one is a special one that you can only fight if you complete a certain sidequest. He's a lot more powerful, and likes to spam his mystic artes (he gets a 2nd one). It was the first time in a long time that a battle actually got my heart hammering and I was even sweating a bit at the end there. It was a really close match, since I ran out of Life Bottles, healing items, and Estelle (the group's healer) was dead. Everyone else was getting low on HP and TP. I was able to pull through since the weapon I was using (Last Fencer) had an ability that prevented my attacks from getting interuppted, and I just managed to accumulate enough in the Over Limit gauge to fire off a Level 4 Savage Wolf Fury, which was enough to take him down. I swear, if that match went on any longer, I would've lost for sure. Actually, I think I lost the first time.

2) This one happened only yesterday. The final storyline boss of Disgaea D2, Xenolith.
    Final boss battles in Disgaea are often tough not because the enemy is strong or clever, per se, but usually because of over-inflated HP and Evilities (abilities) that are borderline broken. In this case it was worse because the game sorta tricked me into thinking that my level at the time was ok for the fight, since all the regular enemies in that episode were only between levels 60-66. So I thought I was set, being at about level 80. When I first took a look at the boss, I saw that his level was 80, and his stats wern't anything to write home about. But then I noticed that he had about 45,000 HP (which is the most out of any main storyline final boss in Disgaea) which is a bit ridiculous. And then his ability: All characters within 10 spaces, including his little minions (god I hate bosses with minions) have 3% of their stats taken and added to the boss, and the effect is stronger the closer you get to him. So not only are you getting weaker, he's getting stronger. So I got beaten, and had to grind to level 100+ so I could get stronger and so some of my characters could learn their 3rd special attack.

And even then, it was still tough. After slugging it out for a while, I was left with 3 people: Etna, Flonne, and Asagi. Fortunately, thoes 3 are capable of ranged attacks, meaning less stat sucking, and the grinding paid off, because Xenolith was unable to one-shot them. From there, it was just a process of whittling away his remaining HP with Etna and Asagi, while Flonne healed off the damage they took (and by some stroke of luck, the boss never thought to attack Flonne). So i eventually won that too. Too bad bad he isn't playable, I would have so much fun with that stat absorbing Evility...

3) This is also a Disgaea one: Baal
    Tyrant Overlord Baal has been a staple of NIS games for quite a while, and has been used as one of the true final bosses in their games. At first, he wasn't terribly powerful, by more recent standards anyway, having stats around 200,000ish. I could easily one-shot the older version of Baal with any of my Disgaea 4 characters. Nowadays, he's been showing his true power, coming into battle with stats around 40 million (and 400 million HP). Yes, that is the right number. To make it worse, he has 2 really annoying evilities: the first one has him automatically lauch an attack on any characters that enter the battlefield, giving you a less than ideal start. The second one makes it so you have to kill him 5 times. So that's like fighting an enemy with 2 BILLION HP. So even with a bunch of guys with stats that are 4+ million, you still die. Even my 2 best dudes, Tyrant Valvatorez and Gig, couldn't really handle him, and their stats were over 20 million (ok, fighting a 40 million stats enemy with guys with stats that are just over half of that isn't a good idea, but it took a lot of work to get to that point). I did technically beat him once, but that was by an insane stroke of luck, so I don't really count it. And ya know what? It gets even more insane. The game has a special mode called Land of Carnage, which, among other things, boost all enemies stats by a lot. So LoC Baal has all capped stats (stats in Disgaea 4 cap at 99 million). And it still gets crazier. If you manage to beat him once, there will be multiple Baals to fight the next time you try, all with that evility that makes you kill it 5 times. And I'm still not done. Disgaea D2 has another special mode called Rasetsu mode, which is basically like Land of Carnage times 2. IDK exactly what Baal's stats are in Disgaea D2's Rasetsu mode, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they surpassed 1 billion (the stat cap was raised in D2), with HP in the hundreds of billions.

THAT is power, Disgaea style. I wonder how strong I can get this time around. Will I finally be able to get close to reaching 100 million in my stats?

If you read that huge-ass post, I commend and thank you. If not, here's the tl;dr version:
    1) Duke's 3rd form was a real close battle.
    2) Xenolith is a cheating ******* with his HP and Evility, like all Disgaea final bosses
    3) Tyrant Overlord Baal has stats that can be in the tens of millions, hundreds of millions, or even billions

That's not quite as long as I thought it was.

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
    Your most likely going to get a boss from Dark Souls, Or Sephiroth for Kingdom hearts. So many people i have spoke to struggled against him!
    I think the most difficulty as a kid was playing Yu-gi-oh forbidden memories, Fighting the last Seto (Seto 3rd) Was just aweful. You never get a creature card with high ATK than 3500 (Meteor B. Dragon)
    Whilst Seto had the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon 4500ATK. Slapped with widespread ruins and Power degrading cards he really was a pain!
    You practically had to buff up either MBD or A Skull Knight under the Mercury sign.
    Good thing Pegasus drops that megamorph!

Frokage

The legendary curse
    Years
    The only bosses I had a bit of struggle winning against were the masked man (not going to spoil anything for those that haven't played or seen the series up to this point) in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. You have to fight all the Bijuu's and then face the masked man at the end. You recover no health and the fight just keeps going until the masked man is defeated.. ~That actually took me a while and was really frustrating. :c

The other boss I really hate to face is Hellscream in the fourth Flex raid on World of Warcraft. I know the outcome depends a lot on the other people in your raid team, but still, this guy goes down so slowly and the different phases really make it hard for everyone to stay alive. I've faced this guy countless times now, and probably wiped even more on it. God, I hate this bastard.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I think I'll post one of the other two final bosses that I struggled with.

Elite Beat Agents - Jumpin' Jack Flash

I don't know, I can't explain why this was hard. So much circles, so fast paced and so strict. I'll let a video do the talking for me.

I couldn't find a video of a person actually playing it instead of a replay, just to show you how fast your hand have to be.

Well, I guess it isn't too bad. It only took 20 or so tries to get it right!

TY

The final Nod mission of C&C Tiberian Sun: Firestorm

The last mission for both factions is kinda the same, but with different starting locations and Nod has to face the GDI arsenal aswell. Now for GDI this is easy than Nod, simply because Nod doesnt have a single good unit against the final enemy unit: The Core Defender. The start is pretty easy, but challenging, but when you got your base up CABAL starts throwing nukes at you and Banshees/Orca Bombers, which is really annoying. Plus he also controls the Tiberium lifeforms which also will attack you.

The final part is the toughest of them all and may require a lot of preparation before even taking all Comm. Center's as the mission says, cause right after you take the last one, the Core Defender rises and this thing is just... it will wreck everything you have within seconds if you arent prepared. And as GDI you can just make a bunch of Disruptors supported by Juggernauts to soften him up, but Nod doesnt have a single unit that is heavily armored. The best unit is the Cyborg Commando and since CABAL has all Cyborgs under his command, you cant even make it. So you really need to prepare a lot before taking him on... I finally did it after 2 hours of making Artillery units and Tick Tanks, but then again this is really undoable without the right preperation. Also you could capture a GDI base CABAL owns and make the GDI stuff... but that feels like cheating ;D

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Your most likely going to get a boss from Dark Souls, Or Sephiroth for Kingdom hearts. So many people i have spoke to struggled against him!
    I think the most difficulty as a kid was playing Yu-gi-oh forbidden memories, Fighting the last Seto (Seto 3rd) Was just aweful. You never get a creature card with high ATK than 3500 (Meteor B. Dragon)
    Whilst Seto had the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon 4500ATK. Slapped with widespread ruins and Power degrading cards he really was a pain!
    You practically had to buff up either MBD or A Skull Knight under the Mercury sign.
    Good thing Pegasus drops that megamorph!

I remember that! That was so hard. And what's worse is that you have to beat a guy who's just as tough afterwards. I never could do it...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I guess I'll say Devil Survivor 2 the first playthrough...
    It was so OP (well... Atlus boss... what would one expect?) that I even stopped playing for a while before returning to him and obliterating him.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I guess I'll say Devil Survivor 2 the first playthrough...
    It was so OP (well... Atlus boss... what would one expect?) that I even stopped playing for a while before returning to him and obliterating him.
    Are we talking SMT3 Nocturne's Lucifer hard or the "fake" (LUICFER IS THE ONLY TRUE FINAL BOSS TO ME DAMMIT) final boss from the same game?

I wanna say Lucifer in this thread, but I honestly never reached him...I do know that he's borderline impossible.

Actually speaking of SMT, a boss I also never reached, Hito-Shura from Digital Devil Saga. Even worse than Lucifer. Though, he's a bonus boss, rather than a final boss.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Nope, Lucifer is recruitable (well... fusable-only) demon in DS2 so he's not a boss.
    I meant if that games final boss is as hard as Lucifer is in Nocturne. I felt like asking when you mentioned it was typical OP Atlus boss.

Lucifer is pretty much impossible without a certain skill called Pierce, which isn't exactly easy to get. But having that makes him not too bad.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Hardest Final Boss Fight

The Mysterious Figure from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

This. This... thing. I hate this guy with a passion. Aside from doing crazy damage in a short time with that unnecessarily long combo, he has some of the cheapest moves in the entire game. He can shoot wind that blows your commands away, forcing you to scramble around and pick them up before he can pick you off. He also has an insta-kill move (I believe its called Doom) that he seems to love to use, with the countdown sometimes going too fast to mash X to or starting from a low number, ensuring your death. Those laser shooting orbs and the clones are pretty annoying too. And the one move I hate the most: that stupid rope attack (Collision Magnet?). He grabs you with the rope, and then hits you. If you're caught by the rope, you can't escape out of it. He can even do it multiple times in a row, pretty much, once again, ensuring your death. Second Chance and Once More are absolute must-haves to even have a 1% chance at surviving.

What sucks is that beating him counts toward 100% completion to me. I still have yet to beat him, and honestly after so many tries, I don't think I will ever attempt again. He's just way too cheap and unnecessary for me to even try anymore. And I refuse to use the Thunder Surge exploit too. What were they thinking, putting this kind of boss in the game?

Spoiler:

Yukari

Orpheus's opinion is his alone and in no way reflects the opinion of others
    You read the tiny, tiny little text ITS AN UNDISPUTED FACT! The hardest final boss fight is: duo from Megaman Battle Network 4!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me it was the Supreme Hunter from the first Prototype game to name one in particular, basically if he got you even once with his aoe ultimate attack you were done plain and simple. That and the time limit along with not being able to regain much health if at all should you get hit was downright infuriating at times. Also the Archdemon from Dragon Age Origins was pure hell due to the fact that he could summon a limitless army of Darkspawn to drag you to hell should you even think about trying to go all out offense on the demonic dragon.

Years
    Sleeping table in that one game (you'll know what game I'm talking about if you even recognize the boss's name) have elicited the rage of many unprepared gamers, including myself.

Actually that isn't a final boss... my bad... But Nyx is quite frustrating, too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Demise from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the hardest bosses that I had ever faced. In order to damage him, I believe you had to raise your sword towards the sky and charge it. Once it was charged, you had to strike him with it. Before you could though, he would always come rushing at you and try to keep you away from charging. To me, that was quite frustrating. d: It took me nearly a week to get him finally beaten.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I meant if that games final boss is as hard as Lucifer is in Nocturne. I felt like asking when you mentioned it was typical OP Atlus boss.
    I feel like I would have better chance of answering if I played Nocturne but... I'll try to compare...
    Nocturne appears to be a typical turn-based like Persona and you battle only one enemy and since party in the video have full HP/MP I presume it's stand-alone battle.
    DS2 is a turn-based as well but it's SRPG and the last boss have 3 forms between each you aren't healed and the boss is able to attack any of your party member anywhere when it's his turn so you can be obliterated before you even engage battle with him =) And obviously there's a huge number of minions =)
    So... I think Lucifer would be surely more hard to beat if the DS2 had the same battle system. But with DS2 battle system, DS2 boss deserves to be mentioned as really hard boss.

Back