• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest game you've ever played?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I love video games, but I find myself thinking every game other than Pokemon is hard. XD Anyway, what are some of the hardest games you've played? Have you actually beaten them, or did you just give up? Feel satisfied?

I can think of a series that don't play around. Super Mario Bros. I haven't beaten one of those games (with the exception of SMB3). Maybe I'm just not good at platformers or something, but I find myself always screwing up in these games. The farthest I've made it in the original game is World 5. Don't even get me started on SMB2. SMB3 isn't one to mess around either. I don't know how I even beat that, and no, I didn't use the flute (or the toot as I call it).

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is still a doozy for me, and it was the game that got me into the series. I've already beaten KH2 since, but dang! This one is just insane for me. I get a headache with all the fast paced action on such a small screen. That and not having Donald there to cure you all the time usually ends up with me dead.

Ocarina of Time also comes to mind. One of my favorite games of all time, but you stick a redead in front of me, and it instantly gets a difficulty rating of 10/10. I hate those things that much. But needless to say, I beat it and I'm damn proud of myself. I bragged a bit...even though I only beat it in February or March and most other people beat it 11 times years ago. XD

This post was longer than it needed to be, so y'all free free to not mimic my tl;dr.

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
    Years
  • 'Super Ghouls and Ghosts', 'Contra', 'Battletoads', and 'Ikaruga' come to mind, only beaten 'Battletoads' and 'Ikaruga'.

As for recent games, none are all too difficult. Had trouble with Ninja Gaiden, but once I got used to it, it wasn't that bad. Too bad I had to give it back right after that happened. I was kind of sad with the difficulty of Splinter Cell: Conviction. My first playthrough was on Realistic, and I beat it in like three days.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    The bosses on Persona 4 (where I got my username) are impossible, I swear.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    The bosses on Persona 4 (where I got my username) are impossible, I swear.
    I had so much trouble on this guy:
    Spoiler:

His rampage destroyed me every time, but I eventually won. Unfortunately I'll Face Myself will be stuck in my head forever.

Had a lot of trouble on Monster Hunter and I Wanna Be the Guy too.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
  • As said before, Super Ghouls n Ghosts was a brilliant, but incredibly tough game. I never got past the Sea of Despair.

And Battletoads in Battlemaniacs wasnt that bad, but still tough. I have never finished that either.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Not necessarily hard on it's own, But FFXIII No Crystarium Challenge.
    Probably the hardest self-imposed challenge I've ever attempted in an RPG.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • castlevania order of ecclesia on hard. as if normal wasnt hard enough. get hit twice with a bone and ur dead...

Mad Hatteress

Just a little glitchy
    Years
  • I'm kinda surprised to hear people say that Person 4 was hard. It's harder to level up in it than 3, but you get total control of the characters again and I really thought it was a breeze overall.

Anyway, staying on the MegaTen games, if it's your first play through, selecting the True Demon Ending is insanely hard. I almost tore my hair out several times.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kid Icarus. Because of its smallish cult following telling me how awesome it was on GameFAQS, it was one of the first things I downloaded for the Wii's virtual console. It is pretty good, but hard as heck. XD

...freakin' eggplant wizrds...

Years
  • ~Gamecube's F-ZERO GX
    ~Late-game GTA III (final few missions and a few missions in particular, not to mention the Paramedic side)
    ~Borderlands' Mad Moxxi DLC, solo, seriously
    ~Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2, solo, on Expert
    ~chess as a mini-game in a video game

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    There was this game on the N64 called Body Harvest. Omg was that game hard. I haven't manged to beat it but my older manaed to beat it within a month which is the longest time ever to beat a game. Also Super Mario 64 had it hard moments...damn Rainbow Cruise.

Back