• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Gym Leader. o.0

Who did you have the most trouble beating before you got your badge? o.0

• Roxanne

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Brawly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wattson

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Flannery

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Norman

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Winona

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Tate and Liza

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Wallace

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shion

Uso da!!!
    Years
    You have got to hand the Most Unexpected Strategy Award to Tate and Liza,
    they crushed me 58 times before I could defeat them. o.0

I shall list the Gym Leaders on Hardness Smilies.

:dead: = Too hard for me to stand
    :confused: = Oh my, more than I expected!
    :) = Neuter
    :rambo: = Pretty easy for me.
    :laugh: = So easy, I died laughing!

Now, here is the hardness of the gym leaders I battled:

Roxanne: :dead:
    Brawly: :laugh:
    Wattson: :)
    Flannery: :rambo:
    Norman: :)
    Winona: :confused:
    Tate and Liza: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
    Wallace: :rambo:

That is how hard they were for me.

Last edited:

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    well it depends on what starting Pokemon you chose... o.o or if you decide to train another Pokemon instead, it depends on that~ liza and tate are super easy if you chose treecko or mudkip or know another move strong against solrock and lunatune o_o I thought they were the easiest!

wallace was kind of hard though...

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I had the most trouble against the twins. That Solrock surprised me completely when I sent a water type out, and he charged up a Solarbeam... one round later and my Azumarill was down :-(. It didn't help the Lunatone used Cosmic Power so I couldn't take him down easy, and my Blaziken was useless against them. Yeah, if I'd had a Sceptile it would have been a little easier (apart from the Solrock's Flamethrower, of course, but Sceptile is usually faster anyway). Once one was down, the other was easy (I picked on the Solrock first to get rid of it's elemental attacks).

But yeah, they caused me the most trouble. The rest weren't so bad (although the One Hit KO room in Norman's Gym did give me a surprise).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    2 words always defeat a gym leader regardless of strategy or anything else:

HIGH LEVELs

It's what makes Sceptile survive Overheat from Flannery's Slugma and all those other stuff. Tate and Liza went down in one round... the 2 floating stones are slow so how hard can it be to just OHKO them before they even start moving?

Drak Hamayashi

Legendary Protector
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    I thought Wattson was a pain, then I looked at Flannery... SHE ALMOST WIPED OUT MY LEVEL 29 CROBAT THEN!!! X_X

Stupid Overheat and Paralysis... Good thing my Crobat was a female. XD

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
    Norman.

I also hate the fact that gym leaders (and especially the E4) abuse hyper potions, full restores, etc. That's probably the most annoying thing.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    The Kraig said:
    Norman.

I also hate the fact that gym leaders (and especially the E4) abuse hyper potions, full restores, etc. That's probably the most annoying thing.

yeah, I hate it too.. but when you think about it, you do the same thing all the time, so it's kind of fair that they're programmed to do it too... even though it is the most annoying thing about those battles T_T

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    just knock them out before they can use items. They don't have revive ;p

they're programmed that they only use the potion whenever their Pokemon has only 1/3 or 1/4 of their life, similar to the time when a berry will be activated... that may help you to plan your move... the idea is still just to knock them out as soon as possible, before they even have a chance to use items.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    well yah, I normally try to do that just to end the battle as fast as possible, but it's in those cases where your attacks do little damage that it takes forever to get their HP down and then they go and use a Potion. x_x;; it's not like I try to take long in battles on purpose~ :p

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    if that happens, then it's probably a natural sign telling you that "it's time to train!" Don't have to EV train, just train normally. You should be scoring 2 hit knock outs (2HKO) on every computer opponent, with the exception to the first time fighting the elite 4 with Steven because your strong moves are all out of PP.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Norman was evil, but I beat him the second time around (Thanks to picking the most attractive Pok?mon...not EV) ^_^>.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    o.o; I train a lot already~ type weaknesses are mainly what set me back the most though, because even strong moves from high-leveled Pokemon can't do much against something that's strong against those attacks. o.O I know how to play Pokemon!

I battle every single trainer. you can't train much more than that. o_o; dude..

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    battle wild Pokemon? They do come in infinite amount O.o;

With the exception to Skarmory due to /4 resistance and metagross because well he's just too high on offensive power, all of Steven's Pokemon died in 2 leaf blades/HP Ice ;p (had to use leech seed as well for Skarmory and metagross). Normally 15 lvls above the opponent do the trick to the point that types don't really exist unless it's complete immunity. Your opponents have 0 EVs (not sure about elite 4) so their stats are pretty much rock bottom. Your stats will be higher even if you're on the same level, and your stats will be supreme if your levels are just that much higher.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    When I went to Norman, I had Swampert, Machoke, Swellow and Mightyena. Machoke went up first, Swampert handled the rest. The Moral of this Story is that Well-Trained Pok?mon that You like, and not because of power and more because of appearance, Will always prevail... how is it that a Ninetales takes on a Gyarados and wins (Because It always works for me ^_^) ...(Well..I cheated, I used the Secret Vitamins and Hold Items to obtain Victory...)

As a quote from Jessie of Team Rocket "All's fair in love and war...and Pok?mon Battles"

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I killed Tate and Liza with Swampert+Mightyena(Ninetales replaced my felled Mightyena)

Beauty > All ^_^... If you wanna be a winner you must deliver powerful attacks.

Back