• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Gym Leader. o.0

Who did you have the most trouble beating before you got your badge? o.0

• Roxanne

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Brawly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wattson

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Flannery

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Norman

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Winona

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Tate and Liza

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Wallace

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    The first gym leader Roxanne was hard for me... especially since I chose Torchic for my first pokemon. It being the first gym leader means you have less experience and attack choices so I had trouble. The Tate and Liza battle was kinda easy for me :cheeky: . I beat them in one go using less than 10 turns and only two pokemon :) .

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Here is my review on all the pathetic gyms of Hoenn ^_^

Roxanne is an easy one, it just takes extra time with Torchic (evolve it to Combusken...not that hard.)

Brawly is a loser, you don't even need a Flying or Pyschic Pok?mon to take him out.

Wattson is a little toughy. Well...no I lied ^_^, Unless you have Marshtomp or Combusken, you can obliterate his team. (Magnemites Fall with Combusken's Dual-Advantage)

Flannery is so pretty I didn't even wanna beat her..oops. Simple, even with Grovyle (well...just don't use it in battle...find a diseased Sandshrew or other Pok?mon and train it to capacity!)

Norman is a little *****... Even with a fighting type, he can still be hard -__-;. You'll find a strategy eventually like me ^_^...really now..

Winona..Oh man how pathetic.. you might not want to use an Electric type when you go to battle her though. Use a Water-Type with an Ice-type attack, simple as pie ^_^.

Tate and Liza..Dynamic *****es :0 I mean, Swampert/Blaziken with Mightyena/Other Darktype and follow that up with either: Ninetales/Raichu/Altaria It really gets the job done, no fuss no muss.

Wallace is so sad he shouldnt even have a harem and or fan-club -_- the only thing hard about this gym is the little puzzle at the end. Other than that, use A GRASS TYPE and back it up with: Electric and Ice types...you will really love yourself if you do that, if you don't win by your third try...may god help you.

Coming soon, Commentary on the Elite Four of Hoenn!

?H?ϧ

Lugia Ownz!
    Years
    Here is may hardness of gym leaders:

Roxanne: :laugh:
    Brawly: :)
    Wattson: :laugh:
    Flannery: :rambo:
    Norman: :dead:
    Winona: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
    Tate and Liza: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
    Wallace: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
    Tate and Liza becuase I just didn't have any Pokemon that could withsatnd there Solrock and Lunatone's power. And the used so many potion when I finally did beat it it was just by luck becuase my pokemon had like 10 or 5 hp left.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Ok, I always thought Gym leaders were easy...

Brawly: :laugh:
    Wattson: :laugh:
    Flannery: :laugh:
    Norman: :laugh:
    Winona: :laugh:
    Tate and Liza: :laugh:
    Wallace: :laugh:

Maybe if you trained more instead of rushing through the game, you wouldn't have so much trouble. Or if you never ran from battle. Or if you caught more Pok?mon and trained them all instead of just your starter.

Just basics.... come on, it's not hard.

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
    Brawly: :rambo:
    Wattson: :rambo:
    Norman: :laugh:
    Winona: :rambo:
    Tate and Liza: :)
    Wallace: :laugh:

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    GOD @#$% WALLACE TO #$%@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated him, with his *blepin* ice beam, which always OHKO'd Oddish. That was in my first file, when i sucked. Noiw he's easy, until my current file. I'm trying to go through then game with only Sandslash (i hacked 2 level 0 Mews who i only use for HM's). I'm at Wattson, but i no i'm going to HATE Wallace when i get to him.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    the only one to knock down any of my pokemon were the twins. i hate double battles a lot. they don't make sense to me. i played blue version too much to ever understand them.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Yeah they were quite easy for me too but the one that gave me the most trouble was probably Norman and that Slaking's defense

Roxanne :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Brawly :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Wattson :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Flannery :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Norman :laugh::laugh:
    Winona :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Tate & Liza :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Wallace :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and a great pokemon to us would be a Sharpedo around lv.40 then it is a walk in the park :)

Pokemon_Veteran

TinTower

Legendary Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    frostweaver said:
    2 words always defeat a gym leader regardless of strategy or anything else:

HIGH LEVELs

It's what makes Sceptile survive Overheat from Flannery's Slugma and all those other stuff. Tate and Liza went down in one round... the 2 floating stones are slow so how hard can it be to just OHKO them before they even start moving?

Yes, but what about the people who raise low levels for things like Battle Tower?

TinTower

Legendary Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    And now for my difficulty rankings...

Roxanne: :rambo:
    Brawly :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Wattson: :( (A little bit tough)
    Flannery: :)
    Norman: :)
    Winona: :D
    Tate and Liza: :dead:
    Wallace: :rambo: even for my lv 35 Gardevoir

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
    Pounce said:
    yeah, I hate it too.. but when you think about it, you do the same thing all the time, so it's kind of fair that they're programmed to do it too... even though it is the most annoying thing about those battles T_T
    I don't actually. Although I spent all my money of Full Restores and Revives to beat the E4. I came close twice, the first time Steven's last pokemon beat me with maybe 12HP.

My excuse is that I was evening the levels. I don't really like the use of items, but it was my only choice.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    wow, people really thing Tate & Liza are hard??
    I always beat them in 1 shot each...maybe it's 'cuz I raise Lots of Water
    Pokemon when I start games...

for me Norman (dad) is the hardest to beat
    Slaking's are annoyingly powerful,...ah...I I just don't do fighting pokemon...
    it's the only type I don't really ejoy raising...oh and bug Pokemon

Years
    Brawly: :laugh: :laugh:
    Wattson :laugh: (with combusken/marshtomp) :dead: :dead: :dead: (with grovyle)
    Norman: :rambo:
    winona: :laugh:
    Tate&Liza: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: please...
    Wallace::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: please...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    TinTower said:
    Yes, but what about the people who raise low levels for things like Battle Tower?
    Battle Tower should be using EV trained Pokemon, which is stuff that you do after you unlock access to everything with the first round of the "ingame squad" that can't beat anything semi-competitive, and is only enough to beat wimpy ingame trainers because not only is their moveset terrible beyond recognition but also poor EVs along with naturally low levels.

lol I used Grovyle and leaf blade brute force still gives me an easy time with Magneton. You can definitely finish off Magneton before Sonicboom kills you in 5 hits with at most 4 leaf blades.

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
    Dun Dun Dun Xd

Roxanne and Wallace obliviated my pokemon. I started out with Torchic, and, well, i didn't train it up to Combusken ^^;;;. I gave in and tought my Shroomish Bullet Seed...Wallace Killed me more then anything, I have Ruby, and my only 50+ were...you guessed it: Blaziken (lvl. 60) and Groudon (lvl.55). They slaughtered me, took me about 5 tries to defeat him, I finally got a Raichu with T-Bolt, and Bye-bye Wallace XD. I only use EV's for Battle Tower and stuff, not the Gym Leaders =/. So Sue me...
    Difficulty Levels:
    Roxanne: :dead: :dead:
    Brawly: :laugh:
    Wattson: :)
    Flannery: :laugh:
    Norman: :rambo:
    Winona: :confused:
    Tate & Liza: :)
    Wallace: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: x10 XD

adam513

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2004
    the hardest for me was Winona,cause i didnt have ice or dragon moves to stop her altaria , and i started out with a treecko

Back