• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest Gym Leader?

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • I had a terrible time with Morty. I guess others discovered some technique against him, but I did not. That Gengar of his scares me so much as one shadow ball depletes half of my HP. I actually lost to him thrice, but I saved before the battle.

Whitney is also a pain, but I found Morty worse.

Haggerella

Captain Butts
    Years
  • Oh gods. I'm replaying SS, and my next leader is Clair. I don't remember her battle at all, though now I'm nervous, I know I don't have any ice moves *ugh*

But I too ^ had a rough time with Morty, his Gengar utterly wiped out my whole team with shadow ball, and then I randomly tried Pidgeotto, totally forgetting it was a normal type first then flying, barely scraped through with 3 HP remaining on that accident, haha.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • No one in Kanto was annoying to me because I've been annoyed in Johto with Claire and Whitney. Whitney was the most annoying gym ever, but I wouldn't say it was the most difficult for me, Clair on the other hand was a bit tough for me because I didn't want to teach my Feraligatr an Ice type move and besides she had a Kingdra, so it would of done neutral damage to begin with.

:t354:TG

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
    Years
  • I think my hardest Gym Leaders that I faced were Whitney and Clair. Clair is by far the tougher one because her Dragonair could pack a punch, but I do admit Miltank does not do Clair's Pokémon justice enough.

As for Kanto, all of them were fairly easy, except for probably Blue, but overall, I would say Clair was the toughest for me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The Kanto gym leaders were a joke as per usual, but the Johto leaders were a little harder. I had trouble with Bugsy, the almighty Whitney, Pryce, and of course that god dang kingdra. Easiest was definitely Jasmine, surf spam, no challenge, gg.

Years
  • I think probably Clair. I'd have lost this time round if I hadn't used about 10 Revives. I even had three dragons on my team (Altaria, Gabite and Gyarados who can sort of be classed as a dragon) yet still found it a struggle.

Morty is also quite a challenge, given that the Ghosts now use Levitate which means Ground moves are out the window.

With the Kanto leaders, I never struggled majorly against any of them but Blue was always pretty tough, considering the variety of his team.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Probs Whitney and her Milk Drink + Rollout. Just ugh.

Funny I never had trouble with Clair. I lost to her once on my first try ever. Never happened again.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well I think I'll agree with the majority of this forum in saying Whitney. Why? Well one reason, her Miltank.

Clair was also quite a threat too with her dragons, particularly Kingdra is set up correctly!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Whitney is by far the hardest gym leader, hands down. Miltank was just so bulky, not to mention with all the Attract shenanigans going on, it was really hard to land a hit, let alone survive and beat through its bulk. It took me quite a few tries to beat her, but it was a fun challenge nonetheless.

Years
  • Who else could it be but Whitney? That Miltank will screw you over big time. Oddly enough, I had no trouble with Clair. Actually, I beat her really easily using nothing but a freaking Furret.

I think my Pokemon were overleveled at that point.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • None were really hard for me but when I nuzlocked them clair and whitney. Whitneys milktanks milk drink was just grrr I hated it and Clairs team was pretty ok it but with the nuzlocke I lost one of my pokemon to her she was much harder then than b4 in the main storyline

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Whitney's Miltank almost made me cry... my Croconaw and Golbat weren't ready yet to defeat that cow! The milk drink move was so exhausting. The stomp or slam (can't remember it anymore) easily killed my Golbat. I remember beating her at the 9th attempt I suppose...

Back