• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am sure most of you have had a hard time catching a legendary pokemon in Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum. Which one was the hardest one for you to catch?

I would have to say Giratina and Mesprit. Giratina was pretty strong for me to handle, and Mesprit just kept moving all over the place.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Well for me it was Girantina. I caught Dialga with ease with a ultra ball. Quick ball for two of the Fairies. Masterball for mesprit, Cressila. Girantina i used about 30 ultra balls, 25 timer balls, then it finally came down to Dusk balls and it took me like 10. I hated catching that thing.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Dialga--Cynthia heals you in Pt before Giratina. IIRC, there's no way to heal after Cyrus in DP, so, if Cyrus tore your team apart, you don't have much to use when tackling Dialga. That's why I found it hard. Same deal for Palkia (in Pearl), I guess-

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Heatran.
    Giratina, I got freeze hacks, it froze for like 20 turns with a sliver of hp left. Lucky :D
    Azelf, same thing. Freeze hacks, sliver of hp.
    Heatran was a pain in the ass to catch. Took too many tries.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Heatran.
    In Diamond it took me over 300 Ultra balls no joke. o.O

That sure is a lot. It was pretty easy for me to catch Heatran, but it was a bit hard.

Cresselia was very hard to catch as well because of how it just kept moving all over the place, just like Mesprit.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    That sure is a lot. It was pretty easy for me to catch Heatran, but it was a bit hard.

Cresselia was very hard to catch as well because of how it just kept moving all over the place, just like Mesprit.
    lol.
    Mesprit and Cresselia I caught in like 3 Ultra balls.
    I caught Mesprit on the second time I found him.
    I caught Cressalia on the 1st. ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    you should add zapdos, moltres, and articuno to this list

EDIT: oh and regice, regirock, and registeel lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    you should add zapdos, moltres, and articuno to this list

EDIT: oh and regice, regirock, and registeel lol

Well I didn't want to list every single one, so I put Other instead. You should look back and check and you'll see it there.

Anyways, Articuno was very hard to catch in Platinum I can assure you. I didn't get to that part but I know someone who has, and it was very tough.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    I think it was Giratina in Pt. it was annoying. I caught Mesprit with only 1 Dusk Ball.^^ Maybe I´ll catch the Legendaries that I left out in the next days.

Years
    For me, it was Giratina in Platinum & the birds. Giratina I ran ran out of pokeballs and made me use my masterball. Then for the birds, I accidentally poisoned all of them (*looks towards my Crobat...*) and had to use some masterballs from a friend and from my copy of diamond.

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
    Diagla. Right after battling Cyrus, my pokemon's Hp were low, so I was forced to use masterball...too bad for me

It was easy to pin Entei down. All I had to do was tell my Crobat to use Mean Look (Job done) and it was an easy capture

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    The running legendaries.
    Cresselia, Mesprit etc.
    It's just you don't expect it to come up, you're doing your 'thing' and then that music starts.. and you're like : Woah!

Jollyrancher

Blue Raspberry Level
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Nothing really was hard for me to catch in the 4th Gen. Always below 20 Ultraballs, as for Cresselia and Mesprit, I got a trick for that, they will come to you, really EASY. So if you guys want to know how, pm me

Back