• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest Legendary to catch?

Hardest Legendary to Catch?

• Palkia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diagla

• Uxie

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Azelf

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Mesprit

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Heatran

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Regigas

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've never caught Shaymin, Darkrai or Arceus due to them being event only, so I guess it'd have to be all three of them? But from the in-game legendarys, it's probably Regigas, that dude is strong and stubborn! It's like trying to catch a child throwing a tantrum... >.>

Years
  • Not counting the roamers, Azelf is the hardest legendary to catch IMO because each time it breaks out, you'll either eat something off of base 125 Special Attack or risk letting it set up a Nasty Plot to make its attacks more potent.

-THIS-

I spent hours trying and failing to catch Azelf. Smokescreen was my only real ally in that fight. And even then my Mewtwo had to make a special guest appearance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Arceus is the hardest.

First because you can't reach him without cheat. Have to share hacked wondercard if you don't want to ruin your game with action replay.

And also... he heals and he regenerates. I spent more time getting him to 1hp and paralyse him than launch balls.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
  • Well, the only pokemon I didn't catch was Arceus, but a friend gave me a legit one...

So, I guess I would have to pick Cresselia since I had to use my masterball to catch it. I can't remember why I used a masterball, I guess I was most likely fed up with it.

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
  • I think Arceus's the hardest to catch, but Regigas is the hardest to find
    i'm still playing the game till now, but my friend told me about it
    so i'm not gonna vote yet.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Cresselia was definitely the hardest one to catch, it just won't back down! D:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I had a particularly hard time to catch Regigigas. It took me a long time to import the three mineral kings (aka golems) and then make my way through the temple, and catching him. Even at 1 HP, and asleep, I couldn't catch it. Only I only have 40 Pokeballs remaining, (from my 15 great ball, 20 Ultra Ball, and 50 Pokeball) when I caught him. In a Pokeball.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Mesprit was hardest to catch just like Suicune at Soul Silver.

Ikonmelee

Hoenn Veteran
    Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I don't know if it was the absolute hardest but in Platinum I found Heatran pretty hard. Otherwise, the emotion trio was hard.

the emo trio and cress where just a pain in the butt... heatran and giratina were actually hard to catch

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Please don't bump threads over a month old since the last post, please.

Closed, but if someone wants to remake this go ahead (although for 4th gen rather than just DPPt would be an idea).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back