• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hardest member to beat in the Kalos region

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • I haven't got the game at the moment, so if I may I like to request everyone's opinion, especially those who have the game. Which gym leader/Elite Four member do you think was the most difficult to beat?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    I'd say Seibold for me, he wasn't necessarily difficult, just gave me more trouble than the others .

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Wikstrom's Aegislash was about the only thing that 'got' me... well, my Mawile. Nothing could stop my Vaporeon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2013
    Oddly enough, the first gym leader Viola was the only one to knock out at least three of my Pokémon, all the rest I was able to beat with one or two Pokémon in most of the turns and I didn't have much trouble with the E4 or champion at all ;)

Years
  • First time I played through, Grant was the most annoying Gym Leader, because I accidentally led with my Axew against Amaura. His team messed with me a little bit, but I managed to beat him. Same with my Poison Monotype challenge i'm currently doing, he was a bit tricky there as well.

Personally, I have a much harder time with some of the regular trainers than I do with the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, though. Especially the Ace Trainers and Veterans.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had a really hard time defeating Malva, the fire-type member of the Elite Four. She had a level sixty-five Talonflame, which was quite difficult to take down. With Brave Bird, it was able to get through Scizor, Blastoise, and Chesnaught—three of the most valuable members of my team. Thanks to Flare Blitz, it was able to defeat Dusknoir and other members of my team. Her Pyroar was hard, too, as well as her Chandelure. They were both able to get many of Pokémon taken down with Wild Charge and Shadow Ball, respectively.

The toughest Gym Leader would have to be Clemont. With the help of a few Aerial Ace from his Emolga, he had the chance to make my Chesnaught faint pretty easily. Emolga has access to Volt Switch, too. Thanks to that, it was able to take down my Wartortle and Espeon within just a blink of an eye. Clemont also had a Heliolisk on his team, which was ten-times harder. It had great Speed, and whenever I tried to alter its status, it would restore itself thanks to Dry Skin. To finally defeat this Gym Leader, I was required to re-challenge him for about four to five times. d: I've managed to land three critical hits when I won, so I guess I was pretty lucky! If it wasn't for those, then it would've taken me even longer to beat him.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    it will really depend on your team comp and average pokemon levels. I grind alot and I reserve certain pokes for each gym so I am having no problems whatsoever so far :)

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Well I was really overleveled by 7 or 8 more levels when I battled leaders and E4, so most of them aren't really a problem. Haha. I think Valerie gave me a little bit of trouble out of all leaders, since I have no Steel or Poison type moves that could hit her Sylveon hard. Even with an overleveled Delphox, I still had to hit it about 3-4 times >___>

As for the Elite Four, it's just Wikstrom's Aegislash that gave me a little bit of trouble. Meant to hit it hard with Delphox's Flamethrower but... Shadow Claw. Urgh. The rest of them are pretty much easy. Florges killed Drasna's team for me : )

Diantha's Mega Gardevoir... two-hit Flamethrower from Delphox. Ha. :v

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • The leugue was easy for me. I did have trouble with Valerie's fairy type pokemon as I did not have any type good against fairys.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Ugh, the hardest one for me was the inverse man! My pokemon were at higher lvels than his, and I still had a lot of trouble defeating him. Just the whole concept of the inverse troubled me. I'd have to say Korinna, the Shalour city gym leader gave me much trouble with her Halucha.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Despite being underleveled (at least 10 levels for E4), everything was easy. I never lost any gym fight or elite four fight. I even went ahead and used Pokemon that don't have super effective STAB moves for the gym battles and they were still easy.

But I think that Siebolt was the toughest, mostly because of his Starmie. She took down two of my Pokemon, and then Gyarados maxed out with DD and defeated three of my Pokemon. Oddly enough, Diantha was pretty easy, with her Goodra being the only problem for my team. And then her Gourgeist ended up being so useless that I revived and fully healed my whole team while I kept taking the 15% of my HP hits. Gardevoir was an OHKO. Not even super effective.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Siebold was annoying because of his evil Gyarados (correction, every Gyarados is evil to fight)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My team was accidentally vulnerable to poison - two fairies and no steel/poison types to help resist.

That meant that Drapion went on a killing spree whenever it came up on my opponents team. (There were a few random high-level trainers with one?)

In terms of Gym/E4 - I would say that the Aegislash in the league was a pain due to it's resistances and the fact my only fire type was physically inclined. The rest were quite straight forward.

Kai Hirogame

The Mechanic
    Years
  • Since my Pokémon were a bit over-leveled each time I battled a Gym leader (I try to match the level of my Pokémon with the Badge number, except for badges 1 and 2. So, Badge 1: lvl 16, Badge 2: lvl 25, Badge 3: lvl 30, Badge 4: lvl 40, etc...) I never had a problem with them... Cake walks, all of them, especially the Elite 4.

So... Yeah... Probably a distorted p.o.v. but they're incredibly easy to take down.

Hint: always have a Pokémon that has a Super Effective move against the type of Gym and you're golden. Another reason why Dual Type Gyms would be a good idea.

Back