• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hardest member to beat in the Kalos region

Snork

My cabbages!
Years
  • No one really stood out as challenging, which was really dissapointing. I suppose they were trying to make it easy on the younger audience, but I remember when I was a little kid, I used to love getting stomped by the E4 in Red version and having to try work out how to best defeat them.

Years
  • Way to overleved. X - 6 badges chestnaught lv.75, florges lv.74, chandelure lv.72, lapras lv.72, noivern lv.71
    Y - whole team was in the 80's when I went through the league
    I don't think anything is a challenge really when your 10 to 20 levels ahead of the game. Can't blame that on game freak though. I imagine if you run through the story and wait to do poledex and EV training and breeding and battle chatue and all that til post game then you will find the game to be really challenging

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I find it easiest to have a neutral type when facing a gym leader or elite four member. The game designers usually like to spoil a straight-on advantage strategy (like bringing a Seviper to a Fairy fight).

Even though it doesn't hit hard, my Blastoise was able to fill in the gap and take out most of the pesky opponents. I actually use Water attacks to take out most Steel-type enemies... not by design, but it always ends up that way. I find Furfrou is an amazing lead Pokemon to use, as it can learn a good array of moves in addition to U-Turn after you know what you are facing. My Furfrou took down most of the gyms and elite 4 with her Surf and was fast enough to do serious damage to any Fighting types before having to switch out.

That being said, I think the hardest opponent I faced was the Elite 4 guy with the water pokemon. Chesnaught was taken out very easily by him, and I can't recall why... most likely a flying or psychic move :/

Back