• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Pokemon name to pronounce?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Rayquaza (Ray quay za) That one threw me for a loop. Even CAeshar was wrong about it.

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
None of the pokemon names seems hard for me to pronounce... But in my opinion it's kyogre... Many ppl in my class pronounce kyogre's name as kai-yo-gray... I used to have problems pronouncing Chimecho... But now... No more problems...

Kyrie Eleison

Trainer of Gardevoir
Years
I always pronounce Kyogre as ky-OH-gra. I don't know the right way to pronounce it, I just pronounce it the way my mind tells me to.

And Gardevoir....my goodness. I always pronounce it GARD-eh-vwar. No idea if that's the right way, though.

Regice. For some reason, that name always gets me confused. Is it REG-ice or red-GI-ice? I've always wondered that.

Zangoose

Wild Pokemon
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2008
Kyogre. I pronounce it Key-og-ruh. x.X and Groudon, I get confused with that aswell. Deoxy's is confusing aswell. Ugh.. I get confused with a lot of them! XD

Years
kohei said:
I say kai-oh-ga for Kyogre, and deh-oki-sys for Deoxys.

But seriously, how do you pronounce Chimecho?

Easy, Kohei. Two words: Chime-Echo, otherwise Ch-ime-ec-ho.
So, yeah. Just like the two words in the name. Chime and echo.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
^^^ I thought Gardevoir was Gahr-deh-vohr. Of course I'm probably wrong. XD

So many different ways to pronounce Kyogre. O_o

I still say Ky-oh-ger. And yet, I'm probably still wrong. XD

Zangoose

Wild Pokemon
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2008
How does everyone pronounce Totodile? I pronounce it Toe-toe-dile. I seem to remember in the anime they pronounced it Tot-a-dile. x.X

figglychu

weedles and pichus pwn!
Years
I pronounce arcanine are-kuh-nine, but the announcer pronounces it ar-kay-nine on stadium 2, and one of my friends pronouced azurill azz-ree-ill, and even though I know it's uh-zoo-rill, I make that mistake every once in a while. plus the announcer on stadium2 prounounces raichu ray-chu, I make that mistake too.(dumb announcer!)

Back