• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest rom hack ?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
  • the darkrising series comes to mind, but they were designed to be impossibly hard which is a thing I dislike in games/rom hacks

Years
  • A 5 year necro, haven't seen an open one of these yet. Regardless, DR is really only difficult because of the insane level curve and the cheat moves some of the endgame pokemon have. DR2 is a joke if you use a certain [redacted] pokemon so if youre feeling like its too much a hassle, the creator implemented something. Honestly, id save vega and radical red are a lot more difficult but also enjoyable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hardest ROM hacks: Crystal Kaizo, Unbound on Insane Difficulty, Emerald Kaizo, Radical Red, Dark Rising Kaizo and Vega.

Although this particular ROM hack, Infernal Pit of 100 Trials, is very obscure, I've played it, and it's really hard to win legitimately.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There are quite a few hard rom hacks and fan games released these years. Some of them are hard in a fun, properly balanced way, others sadly end up becoming a chore to play through where you'll be spending most of the time grinding levels and pretty much training new Pokémon for each major battle to overcome absurd difficulty spikes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Saw a vid on a game called pokemon empire, looks pretty interesting, got several features that make things more difficult as well, they've got fakemon & normal mon, apparently some extra megas, and some upgraded battle interfaces & unique story too.

Back