• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest RSE Gym Leader

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    tate and liza were challenging but they were fun to battle against

also norman, that was a good normal type gym leader, damn slaking.......

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    To be honest, I think RSE had the hardest gym leaders. My first playthrough of Sapphire, I don't recall ever beating a gym leader in one shot. The hardest for me are (in no order; they're all tied) Tate and Liza, Winona, and Brawly.

Ayselipera

Honestly Wattson is the hardest gym leader. Even though I almost always have a Combusken with me I still find it extremely difficult to win. It's that Magneton of his. :'(

Kriptic

Rising up from the ashes
    Years
    Norman's never really been a problem for me because i always have a good fighting type (usually Machoke) on my team. But the most difficult has always been Winona with her annoying Altaria.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    Tate and Liza were hard for me because of the annoying Solrock and Lunatone they have and their gym is a bit confusing just getting to them. It took me nearly an hour on Emerald because Emerald was the only one I got of the R/S/E series. The switches were a bit annoying and you get lost after awhile.:)

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I found winona quite hard, every advantage i had she somehow trumped. I actually found tate and liza really easy, milotic and sceptile owned them two.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Tate and Liza and Wattson were the hardest. Period. The others are pushovers

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
    The hardest for me was Brawly. Bulk up+Vital throw was annoying. My Grovyle was gone in two hits. I used a Taillow before, didn't work. Had to use a Swellow. The only time I beat him in one try was when I used a Kirlia.

Togekiss♥

S-U-K-I
    Years
    Out of all of them I think it is Liz and Tate Absol solo was hard thunderbolt missed a couple of times which really got me in trouble plus swampert water attacks got weakened by sunny day

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
    I'd say Tate and Liza. I used a Gardevoir for everything in-game, and all my other pokemon were 20 levels too weak.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Brawly was always the toughest for me.

He's the only one I ever lost to.

I usually started with Treecko and, well, I got PWNED.

Even in the mono-grass challenge with a Shroomish's Leech Seed didn't work.

Liza and Tate were easy.

Has no one heard of Surf? I mean, even GYARADOS was good enough.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Getting through Tate and Liza's gym was always a pain and a half. But despite popular opinion, I never found them that hard to battle once I got to them,

Battle wise, Norman was the hardest in R/S and Juan in Emerald. For Emerald they really dumbed down Norman's team but gave Juan a Double Teaming Kingdra...

Back