• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest RSE Gym Leader

Years
    Liza and Tate were the hardest for me. It took me so long to beat them. It was a very annoying battle I was so happy when I finally won.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Norman by far for me, his Slakings destroyed me so many times. Tate and Liza were easy for me because I'd just fish for a Sharpedo and crunch them.

September

Chavo and Serj <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Tate and Liza always gave me trouble because I never picked up any pokemon with great Dark type moves or dark pokes to fight them with. If I game planned around them it would've been easier but my overall team suffers because of it.

Consistent losses always came from Norman though. I had to rely on some powerful attacks and hope to god Facade didn't wreck me whenever I sent someone out.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    What's so tough about Tate & Liza? Brawly was my doom, especially since the Taillow I temporarily had was only Lv. 13 (and I also had a Marshtomp, a Shroomish and an HM Slave, Zigzagoon). Gosh, I HATED that Makuhita. Stupid Reversal attack. Meditite was a pushover. It used two moves in the entire battle: once it used Bulk Up, many times it failed to use Focus Punch.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Has to be Tate and Liza. I only ever had Emerald out of those 3 games, so they might be easier in Ruby and Saphire...

Years
    norman.it used to be tate and liza for me but i somehow beat them without intedning too in my emerald,i was just gunna fight them as much as i could to mayb level up my pokemon and i ended up winning

shot571

Ruby: brawly was proper annoying. i dont know why though. winona and the twins were pretty hard cos i had torchic as my starter. even though the twins were annoying i beat them in one shot. the only problem was i only train one pokemon so my blaziken was strong while i had lv20 zigzagoon an stuff.

Emerald: definitely the twins since i only got that far. i unfortunately had a copy of emerald :(. so it wouldnt let me save. so i left it on the charger and tried to play through the game as fast as possible. again i had a torchic.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Norman and brawley. I managed to confuse slaking and every attack he did always hurt himself. Lucky me D:

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
    Years
    I didn't really have any problems with any gym leaders, but the toughest for me was Phoebe from the E4. Well, first time playing, I beat her pretty easily after that.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    first time through it was brawly since I use Treecko I had a few problems with him but had no problems with the rest.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    Normally for me it was Norman except for one time. I sent out Zizagoon so I could heal one of my other pokemon but I forgot I didn't have any potions so I just decided to use rock smash and maybe take his defense down a bit. The brilliant thing was that Normans last Slaking kept using Focus punch and every time I used rock smash it flinched because of it.
    So I would hit it with rock smash and it would flinch, Defense gets lowered, Loafing around, Rock smash, Defense gets lowered, Focus punch, Rock smash, Flinch, Defense gets lowered etc. etc. etc.
    Then eventually I defeated Slaking with this level 12 Zigzagoon! I'm not sure if it was a glitch or something but I thought it was weird that it only used Focus Punch.
    Also another Gym leader I found hard was Tate and Liza, the time I went against them doing a solo run with Blaziken was a nightmare!

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I usually try to take on each team slightly underleveled and/or using disadvantaged typing, but Tate&Liza consistently force me to level up.

Back