• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which Gym Leader gave the hardest challenge for you?

• Total voters

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    Suprisingly, I found Elesa quite easy, despite the fact I had Dewott.
    The only gym leader I lost to multiple times on full health was Burgh.

Years
    I am always like 5 levels above leaders in every game, so I don´t have any problems with them and I never had....recently, I beat Prycen with 3 fire type moves from my Emboar......but in this game, only Lenora managed to defeat one of my pokemon - Tepig ...so I guess she is the hardest leader...but her Herderier and Watchhog were no match for my Pansage on the other hand...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Only two badges but that Lenora's Watchog! o_O I beat her on my 3rd try but I had to level my Pokemon and it got harder as the advanced at Pinwheel Forest so I just went to face her when I had a Watchog of my own. But I didn't use it. I beat hers with my Lv. 20 Woobat who got the damn thing confused, yay! :D It didn't even hypnotise. And her Heerdier is strong >!< That evo is really strong, I'm no evolving my Lillipup 'coz it's so cute :3

Rusty118

Oshawott for the win
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Tie between Lenora and Elesa.

Lenora because Herdier and Watchog spammed Take down and 1HKO'd my team numerous times. Plus if you finally manage to kill Herdier, Watchog would use its speed to 1 shot your pokemon with that payback type move.

Elesa because all her pokemon are fast as heck and they would spam Volt switch so I wouldn't get to beat that darn flying squirrel thing that had 1hp left .-. Plus I was under leveled so the whole thing was a total mess. I had to try it at least 7 times >.<

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Lenora, without any doubt. She's the only gym leader that managed to faint one of my Pokemon, and that's more than enough of what I expect.
    But later on, I just leveled up, and took advantages, so I won easily. Surprisingly, my somewhat low leveled Dewott fought and won against Elesa single-handedly.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    Elesa was such a pain. Two words: double team. =/ Plus, I didn't have a ground or rock type...I mean, I had a Herdier with Dig, but that didn't really seem to help much...the best I could do was have my Serperior take the attacks because they weren't very effective.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Lenora & Elesa, like most people on here I just coudn't beat their final Pokémon (Watchog & Zebstrika + Volt Switch)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lenora. I had to go and level up a Timburr in order to defeat her, because after the first gym the only Pokemon I really bothered training was Blitzle, and Blitzle has low defences. After Lenora though the Gym Matches were really easy. =3=

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Elesa's gym, hands down.

I chose Oshawott (Now a Dewott) as my starter. Others in my team were Munna, Herdier, Watchog, along with Servine and Pignite. I chose to save Dewott for last because Elesa was electric-type. She managed to kill all my pokemon but Dewott, and now I thought I was totally screwed, but it turns out that my Dewott was the strongest against her... =_=

In the end, I lost to her in the grand total of nineteen times, and finally won when I realized my Dewott was the best against her...

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Lenora and Elesa for sure. They were the only gyms where I didn't have anything super effective against their pokemon, catching a sandile didnt help for Elesa, since her Emolgas were flying. And I hated Throh too much to use him for Lenora. Drayden was pretty hard too, since my Vanillish kept fainting, and thats all I had that was super effective against dragon (I had a grass type, fire type, and water type besides Vanillish, that gym was annoying.)

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
    Years
    The hardest gym leader in Pokémon Black and White for me has to have been Lenora. I found Elesa a challenge but much easier than Lenora.
    With her Herdier getting a Work Up on me and taking out most of my team, thankfully Herdier recieves recoil damage from Take Down. Followed with a fiery Vengeance from her Watchog, Hypnosis was also a pain... Found myself shouting "Wake up!" at my DS system.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I found that none of the gym leaders were difficult, but that could be attributed to the fact that I spent countless hours training my team to be at least four to five levels above each gym leader. However, if I had to choose one, I would pick Lenora because of her Watchog.

Years
    I'd say clay, lost first time and had ta do a bit o trainin to beat him. I dont have all 8 badges yet tho, ive got 7 and goin for me last one so tht may change when i fight iris.

Years
    I thought most of the gym leaders were pretty easy in this game, but Lenora was somewhat hard. Her Watchog always used retaliate which was extremly annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    I lost once, with Lenora, do not why? her Watchogwas kind of hard one

Back