• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Years
    To be honest I didn't like that they'd split up the last book into two movies, particularly as Deathly Hollows wasn't even the longest book. But it was still a fun movie and I'm sure the second half will be fun too (or I wouldn't be seeing it the first chance I get). I just wish they hadn't decided to drop the one-book-one-movie thing until after Order of the Phoenix.

Years
    To be honest I didn't like that they'd split up the last book into two movies, particularly as Deathly Hollows wasn't even the longest book. But it was still a fun movie and I'm sure the second half will be fun too (or I wouldn't be seeing it the first chance I get). I just wish they hadn't decided to drop the one-book-one-movie thing until after Order of the Phoenix.

If anything, They could have made the Goblet of Fire into two films, seeing as how huge it was. I'm sort of on the fence about the two film set. Granted, we have to wait longer to see the entire installment, but, being split into two films insures that the attention to details is there. From the reviews I've seen of the Deathly Hallows pt. II, It's supposed to be everything we hoped it would. We'll see in 6 days. :3

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    For a second I thought the thread had vanished. D:
    I would have been disappoint considering the date.

But I refuse to read the reviews. Fear of spoilers. I want to see it unbiased. XD Not that I will be disappointed. I KNOW FOR A FACT I won't be. But I just barely got my tickets for the premiere in time a couple weeks ago. That's right, I just barely made the bit. But I am going with a couple of friends and the hype COULD NOT be higher.

But I am beyond excited. The "This is the last one" feeling is making it bitter, but I can shove that aside when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray. That way I can have "How much Harry Potter can I fit into one day" things. XD And I'm talking conceivably. Not "Can I stay up 24 hours to watch the entire franchise" type thing....

Also, just a random tidbit, on the radio here in Boise, there was a thing where they were giving away tickets.... and in that they said "Every Trilogy has to end..." I lolwutted and laughed. Trilogy = three, no? So would the word they were looking for be.... legacy... mayhaps?

Okay rant session over sorry to bother.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    It's not like they're doing two movies for the fans or because it necessarily warranted two movies.

It was purely a financial decision on the part of Warner Bros.

When they realized that the next Batman flick would not be on track for release this summer, they came up with the two Harry Potter movie idea because they need a summer blockbuster at the box office.

Years
    Alan Rickman's farewell letter to the Harry Potter Franchise:

/cue uncontrollable sobbing

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Watching all of the first seven Harry Potter movies this weekend as a way to prepare myself for the final ending, it does seem like Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, and Daniel Radcliffe grew up so quickly over the past ten years. But as they did, so did the fans who grew up reading the books or watching the films from the start of this epic journey. I mostly followed the movies, as growing up as a kid I never did enjoy reading. I read just the first book, but I think I'm going to have to go back and read the entire series to make up for my mistakes I made growing up.

Not that I haven't been emotional every time I see the trailer, or watched the cast say goodbye at the movie's premiere in London, but
    reading Alan Rockman's farewell to the series as an actor of the film, makes me all the more emotional. Not emotional in the crying sense, but that overwhelming feeling you feel burning up inside to the edge of where you want to come out bawling. What makes it worse though, is that even after all these years and knowing there would only be seven books and [at that time] seven movies for the most, I never did actually anticipate the end of the series. So, I guess you could say, it's now beginning to hit me as we draw closer to the end.

Above everything, I'm going to miss looking forward to a new Harry Potter movie every summer and watching Harry, Ron, and Hermione take charge on another journey through Hogwarts as they face off against danger and overcome their personal and physical obstacles.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I bet I'm going to cry on Friday. I bet I'm going to cry on Friday. I bet I'm going to cry on Friday.

Noooooo... I don't think I can take it ending. I've been reading Deathly Hallows over again, trying to prepare myself to recognize the fact that it's ending. When I went to the premiere of the first part, I was dreading the release of the final movie, because then it was all over. The midnight release of Deathly Hallows was one thing. I had my mind set on the fact that at least I still had the movies. But now that the movies are drawing to an end, I don't think I can deal with iiiiit. Harry Potter was a bigger part of my childhood than Pokémon was. I read every single book. I went to every midnight book release after Goblet of Fire. I went to all of the midnight premiers with my dad. And now it's all just ending. Pottermore will hardly be a replacement for me. :(

I so desperately hope something in Rowling's mind makes her make another book. A prequel, a side-story dealing with another character, a book dealing with Voldemort's rise to power, a book dealing with the History of Hogwarts and the founding wizards. Anything. Even though I can reread the books any time I'd like, I don't think it's the same to the anticipation of a new book or a new movie. I love the world she's created, and I feel like I'm going to have to get into reality. Or make my own world.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I just watched Part 1. Holy Celestia. It was so awesome.
    I think I'm ready for Part 2. I don't want the series to end, but I think the ending will be unbelievably brilliant.
    There's this one song that completely struck me in Part 1.

I reckon this song sums up Deathly Hallows. Perfectly.
    It's sad to see the series end, but they're ending it damn well.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    So because Australia for some reason had Part 2 released earlier than UK / US, I saw The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 last night at midnight, and I must say it was truly incredible!

I'm not going to spoil anything because this is too big a finale to ruin for anybody, but it truly does the saga, and the novels justice and is an amazing finish to Harry Potter.

I honestly, was speechless after it was finished, like literally speechless. The only word I could, and still can come up with, and definitely the most fitting: magical.

Years
    So because Australia for some reason had Part 2 released earlier than UK / US, I saw The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 last night at midnight, and I must say it was truly incredible!

I'm not going to spoil anything because this is too big a finale to ruin for anybody, but it truly does the saga, and the novels justice and is an amazing finish to Harry Potter.

I honestly, was speechless after it was finished, like literally speechless. The only word I could, and still can come up with, and definitely the most fitting: magical.

I'm glad you mentioned that, let's avoid any sort of major spoilers just in case. XD (Even though I'm guessing we've all read the novels)

Two days to go. My friends and I have a "Harry Potter Day" planned, which involves attempting to watch most, if not all, the films. Then a several hour stakeout to ensure good seats. XD

Years
    I am going to the midnight premiere! I can't wait, though i'll be sad when its over. Harry Potter was an incredible series.

Guy

just a guy
    Years

I'm glad you mentioned that, let's avoid any sort of major spoilers just in case. XD (Even though I'm guessing we've all read the novels)

Two days to go. My friends and I have a "Harry Potter Day" planned, which involves attempting to watch most, if not all, the films. Then a several hour stakeout to ensure good seats. XD
    I think a lot of fans planned some sort of "Harry Potter Day" to just spend the entire day watching a marathon of all the movies thus far, or reading all the books over again. I was one of those who took my entire weekend last week and watched all the films leading up to Part II. Here's where I'm going to get the hate though. I haven't read any of the books except Sorcerer's Stone, and that was years ago. I've been talked into getting myself up and reading the series all over again though, so I might just do that after I see Deathly Hallows: Part II. It'll give me something more to do throughout the days.

Not going to lie, but I'll probably get all emotion and actually drop a some tears by the end of movie. I won't be embarrassed to admit it, but it's likely to happen now that it'll be the final end to it all.

...I hate saying those last few words. ):

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    @Vendak: They should have had David Yates directing all the movies, imo.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Bloody hell. I just came back from watching Part 2. God. It was so amazing I don't even-
    I was fazed after finishing it, and still am.
    Tomorrow. I'm going to watch all the movies up until Part 2 again. I have to.
    For anybody that hasn't seen it, you won't be disappointed. My vocabulary isn't wide enough to describe how awesome it is.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Oh my god... you all are making me so excited.... I have been up since 6:45, squealing and watching some of the other movies. It is now 8:11.... and I am going to the midnight premiere tonight. Like... I can barely sit still, regardless of how bittersweet this excitement is!

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Man, I really need to read... all the books. x.x I skimmed over the first three, then my third grade teacher told me I wasn't smart enough to read the fourth one, so I gave up on them. Oh well, I'll just buy a box set of them later.

But, onto the movie. Ordered my Part 1/Part 2 double-screening ticket last week and I'm picking it up in a couple hours. The 3D glasses for Part 2 are made to look like Harry's glasses (gonna make me look more like Harry than I already do, so that's a plus). I wish I lived in one of the states that showed every movie this week, though. Would've paid for that in a heartbeat.

I'm feeling such a strange mixture of anxiousness, excitement and sadness.

Years
    The midnight showing I went to was AWFUL. I couldn't even be properly sad that it was ending because of all the awful people who were there. I am very disappointed by my experience.

The movie was pretty faithful to the books though. Good on them for that. I also really liked everything they did with Snape.

Aorio

this love will see me through.
    Years
    Oh my gosh. :D I went to the midnight premiere with my boyfriend and best friend and had an awesome time. There were a couple things that bugged me about the movie, mostly that some parts were different from the book, and I didn't see why. Also, in the Epilogue scene, Hermione looked exactly the same even though it was supposed to be 19 years later but oh well.

Also, a preview for Breaking Dawn (the last installment of Twilight) came on, and a guy in the back of the theatre stood up and yelled, "AVADA KEDAVRA!" At Edward. We all cheered. It was fantastic.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I went to the midnight premiere... and ended up getting only 3 hours of sleep. It took us forever to be seated (We were the last auditorium thingy to be let in) but it was worth it. The annoyance went away once we sat in the surprisingly comfy seats and all got little posters. 8D (I got two so the sister who wasn't sitting next to me could get one) And once the movie started I was COMPLETELY sucked in... (After everyone was done cheering of course)

Gawd I cried so hard... It was a good cry though. Like everyone else I will refuse to spoil a thing here. I'll do so in PM if you so ask. (Because you may be weird like my mother and be all "OMGOMGOMGOMGSPOILIIIIT!") But not here.

It was emotional, and it stayed true to the book to the best of its ability I think... And.... Let's just say I am okay with the epilogue now.

But once the credits rolled a hum of "mischief managed" rumbled through the room... And I cried again. XD

Back