• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon

SRW_Fanatico

Sword that cleaves evil
Years
  • I like Harvest moon, i have friends of mineral town and i once had (not anymore) harvest moon 3 for GBC and Harvest moon (da original) for SNES.
    In snes i got a somehow decent ranch at the end of the time limit, too much concentrated in flirt with one of the girls :), well, at least my ranch survived.
    In HM 3 i don't remember what happened when i played as pete, but as sara (i think that's the girl's name) the game ended after getting married with pete, overall i think the best choice is the male character, he starts with some unique magical gloves that lets you instantly send stuff to the box where you put things to sell.
    in friends of mineral town i bought almost all the furniture, my character has max love relation with elli, the girl in the medic's clinic, the farm is ok, some sprites are helping me (actuall only one, he), i have 8 chickens, four cows and three sheeps, now i only need to get the big bed and some more furniture to marry my character with that girl.
    HM is a great game

OldTreecko

Treecko Lover
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2012
    I am currently obsessed with Pokemon and Harvest Moon.
    I have the two for the GCN, and the two for the GBA. In the GBA, I'm married to Karen(FOMT) and working on Doctor(More friends). I'm also married to Nami(AWL) and Gustafa(Another WL).
    My favorite thing to do on the GCN one is hybriding crops and cows.

Miharu

Ahhh!!!!
    Years
  • My farm is going pretty good...my friend accidentaly deleted my file so I had to start over. In AWL, I married Celia (I can't spell her name) and for More friends, I tried to get Cliff... -_-'

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • I know, but it was so stupid! -thwacks head-

My cows were producing L milk (one was even producing sixe G!) My sheep were giving me size L wool, and my chickens had High-Quality eggs! So I decided to create another File, just for fun. And so I saved it...and I saved it over that file by mistake!

Ah, whatever, it is still a fun game.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Harvest moon is the greatest game series ever. We had a Harvest moon club a while ago. Earlier today I was talking to my friend about how frusterated I am with Natsume because HM DS was supposed to come out this fall, but has been delayed until next year... Ahh!

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • The only reason why many people misunderstand it is because its the sort of game that does not have violence in it...and it isn't the Sims. Also, many people think "What's so fun about owning a farm? Let's go blow some aliens up in Halo 2 instead!"

"More Friends of Mineral Town" is actually the first Harvest Moon game I played...but I wish I began earlier! >.< Maybe I'll get the "Another Wonderful Life," since I'm the sort of person who enjoys playing a character the same gender as myself! That's why I'm so happy that Pokemon games now have a female character. Its sexist having only male characters, at least, in most games. That's why I admire Samus...the first female main character in a video game!

Miharu

Ahhh!!!!
    Years
  • Yeah, the reason they have games with male characters is because they think that only guys play video games!

SRW_Fanatico

Sword that cleaves evil
    Years
  • true, you know that stupid typical stereotype: the oh so almighty male character and the helpless girl that is always kidnapped, and the big bad villain is almost always male too.
    typical formula in RPG and some non-RPG games.
    I'm male but i like equality between genders, those mean cultural rules....

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Miharu said:
    Yeah, the reason they have games with male characters is because they think that only guys play video games!
    Um... that's a very big accusation. They do marketing research and what they discover (as far as main characters) seems to be working (judging by the success of the gaming industry). Though, part of Harvest Moon's success might be attributed to the fact that they market to the demographic that prefers female heroins over male heros. Maybe? Who cares though? Harvest Moon is great.

Gaaradon Of The Dessert

Master of Groudon
    Years
  • Wolf_Goddess said:
    The only reason why many people misunderstand it is because its the sort of game that does not have violence in it...and it isn't the Sims. Also, many people think "What's so fun about owning a farm? Let's go blow some aliens up in Halo 2 instead!"

"More Friends of Mineral Town" is actually the first Harvest Moon game I played...but I wish I began earlier! >.< Maybe I'll get the "Another Wonderful Life," since I'm the sort of person who enjoys playing a character the same gender as myself! That's why I'm so happy that Pokemon games now have a female character. Its sexist having only male characters, at least, in most games. That's why I admire Samus...the first female main character in a video game!
    so basicly your a feminist? i have no reason to complain because im one too...:embarrass

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • Hmm, I guess I could consider myself one. I mean, I like playing male characters in good video games...but after awhile I begin to wonder "Hey, I want to play the girl now! Not rescue another defensless wimp-of-a-girl!" I mean...it's a stereo-type. Like Mario...he's a stereo-type Italian. And in games, you sometimes want to relate to the character your playing...that makes it more enjoyable. Its pretty hard to relate to a guy that is trying the rescue the girl of his dreams...and many people find it's easier to relate to those the same gender as they.

Of course, I'm not against playing male characters, I would just like to see more games with girls as the main characters. I'm no sexist! >.<

Back