• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvestella

Years
  • Harvestella is a life-sim game developed by Square Enix and will be releasing in early November. It's gotten a bit of mixed reception based on the demo so far, but quite a few people are interested in it based on the RPG elements and combat, art style, farming, and the fact that there is confirmed romance/partnerships!

Is anyone considering picking this game up? I'm interested despite the flaws, though I never played the demo for more than 2 or so hours.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Unlikely. Tried the demo. Was not impressed. Presented nice graphics and a surprise non-binary character option. (Cannot recall seeing that before.) Liked craftable items (bridges, presumably bombs) and time (with ladder shortcuts) being a resource in the dungeon. Sprinted through the days a little too fast, honestly.

Struggles to say much else good about it. Did not find the characters particularly interesting yet. Threw a lot of story and worldbuilding at you: Omens, the Church, a time traveler (including maybe yourself), seaslights, a unicorn, and something about a planetary disaster. Adopted a "sure, whatever" approach as details piled on. Jumped into the deep end before connecting with the world.

Describes the combat as stiff. Provided a poor way to dodge (only as a specific class) and no ability to guard. Mainly autoattacked (with long animations) along with the occasional cooldown skill. May find depth in the other jobs and their skill trees. Showed off none early.

Questions why the farming exists, as well. Apparently grows more complex later with increasing yield and quality. Hinted at none of that in-game. Yielded underwhelming profit alongside no ability to cook straight off. Felt like a questionable call with their hunger system digging into you.

Years
  • Apparently it's been improved quite a bit from the demo! Time moves slower now so you won't be rushing to get whatever you need done as fast, it's also slower in the field where you run around the map choosing where to go next, fishing will yield a catch quicker, a visual indicator when your HP is low, and more stuff.

- Reduced time-lapse speed on the world map and the field.
    - Reduced hit time for fishing.
    - Reduced cooldown time for job changes.
    - Increased the Mage's normal attack speed.
    - Partially reduced loading time.
    - Addition of a warning effect when a character's HP is low.
    - Modified UI during save and auto-save.
    - Various assorted bug fixes.

Looks like this has made the game much better for some people. Super glad to see they're listening!

Years
  • It is for sure a game I am gonna get later down the road. I'm in no rush to get it anytime soon. It looks fun and is a game I'd enjoy, though.

Back