• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has any one actually beaten a kecleon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I swear they made them super fast in Darkness/Time, haha. I've never beaten one. What I hate is when you pick up an item that's on the edge of this carpet and you accidentally step off, not having time to put the item back. And then if you say you're not gonna pay for it, they call you a thief. You don't even get a chance to put it back. And if you do say you're gonna pay for it, but don't have enough, that makes you a thief as well. I mean...damn, just let me put it back. It was an accident. They're the rudest shopkeepers ever, really.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
  • The Worst Was, i was off the price by 1 poke and it killed everything, i even abondoned my team and ran away but then..BAM, it warps and hits me with scratch -.-, Heck if i didnt need the stuff id walk straight past them, i once got attacked by a wild pokemon while shopping xD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I wanted to just steal from them one time. Stole all the items (and a few Huge Apples, too!) and put on my Mobile Scarf. It was beside the wall, those silly Kecleon. Problem- it was on the other side of the floor. That's where the Apples kicked in.

Honestly, I tried to kill them, they're worse than Safer Sephiroth. And only 5 EXP for a random encounter with a lv 99 enemy.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Heh, I recruited one in Sky. Not impossible!

They have insane stats when they're in their 40s (255 in everything!), but it's insane trying to level them up. Whatever you do, don't take one into Destiny Tower (perhaps other Lv.1 dungeons as well). It didn't return to Lv.45 like it was supposed to. Just... Level one. 1 HP, and 1 in each stat. Can't train him worth nothing now. Leveled him up once, all that increased was his HP, by 1. I'm considering cheating just to level him back up to normal.

ptrhenry52

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    I recruited Kecleon after killing at least 20 of them in two different thieving attempts in the same dungeon.I had Blue rescue team and I'm getting Explorers of time and about the Kecleon,I stole once but the other times I got killed.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I think I may have killed one In Blue Rescue Team...anyway I read somewhere that kecleon has a -0.33 chance of recruitment, so even with a friend bow, and certain abilities, the highest recruitment rate it gets 0.01, nigh-on impossible

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • In PMD Red, I tried stealing from them once; it turns out that was a bad idea. I was by the stairs, I used a trawl orb to bring all the items on the dungeon floor, including the shop items, to me. Before I managed to get away with my loot, a Kecleon comes speeding along, and I mean speeding, moving at least four or so tiles at a time, and utterly conquers my team.

Long story short: don't mess with Kecleons.

Also, AceDragonite, the recruitment rate for them isn't THAT low, at least if you have the proper stuff, and are using PMD Red/Blue. If you're level 90-100, have the IQ skill Fast Friend, and have a Friend Bow, your recruitment rate goes up to 36%, whereas a Kecleon has a recruitment rate of -33.9%.

So...you still have a small chance of recruitment, 2.1, but it's still bigger then 0.01.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have tried to steal from one before. that was a mistake. my team was low and well i had never come across one before so i had no clue of how freakishly strong they are. so now whenever i see one i stay away unless i need something and actually have the money for it.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I seem to remember trying to steal from one once, can't remember exactly how it went, though. I probably died. I wonder if they purposely did that to scare the crap out of everyone. It would set a good example for kids 'you never get away with stealing'
    lol.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Only the broken-ness of Porygon-Z can destroy Keckleon. After full Nasty Plot charge, Hyper Beam becomes fatal at level 80, and Discharge becomes fatal at level 100. Those Kecleons hit like a truck though, so make sure you have Oran berries, regardless of level!

Back