• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    314 Eggs and I finally get a Shiny Buneary. Now using it to run Klutz+Assualt Vest+Switcheroo for a perma taunt in doubles.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    In X/Y I have hatched close to 5,000 total eggs almost all using the Masuda Method. I have yet to hatch a shiny. I had much better luck in BW2 with it.

I have however found 5 random shinies (Ditto, Remoraid, Mareep, Spiritomb, Illumise) so I guess it's fine.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I hatched a shiny 5iv snorlax with immunity 2 weeks ago. right now I am on a hunt for shiny 5iv bulletproof chespin. At around 200 eggs with nothing yet.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I personnally never got a Shiny with this methode and I breed a lot! But me best friend just got a Shiny Klefki yesterday after maybe 30 ou 40 try.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    Ugh... I'm going on, no matter what. But I've just hit 120 Eevees (Thank you Pokémon Bank) without success.

EDIT: OKAY I needed to update this. Hidden in the hundred and ninety-third egg, my Umbreon to-be was waiting long to get out. I think you should never give up when you're doing this. I almost did, but then I realized that all the work would have been for nothing.

Last edited:

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
    I was breeding a competitive gligar which i caught on my game with its HA, Breed it with a regular ditto both from my game. After 37 eggs with out wanting one, got myself a shiny gligar. First shiny ever and it was almost competitive its 31/31/0/31/31/31 HA ...but im happy with my blue gligar, he can be useful in the battle Maison. Not really Masuda method but i guess i was very lucky :) (Btw Zagui is my IGN)

Spoiler:

Years
    My 1st 2 most wanted shinies took 4 boxes at most but this is my 3rd try for Froakie 8-9 boxes in and nothing. 1st try 6 boxes, 2nd 4boxes. I'm almost about to give up on Greninja forever.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    20th Emolga I hatched ended up being a MM Shiny. I don't know the odds of a Charm+MM shiny, but I feel like it was bound to happen. Alas it was while I was doing the preliminaries of breeding... the 4 IV and 5 IV parents resulted in only a 3 IV Shiny without its crucial HA. I had just caught a Shiny Zangoose while hoarde training a few hours beforehand so it was a pretty lucky day.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I have indeed! I spent so much time hunting shinies in X that I ended up with a box of them before I quit playing haha.
    I think most of said shinies are Masuda Method babies. The rest being chained and Friend Safari'd.

My very first shiny hatch in X was the ever-adorable Espurr that I ended up giving away to someone later on.

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    !!! MASUADA METHOD MIRACLE !!!

So i was masuada methoding to get a shiny eevee cuz i really wanted a shiny umbreon. I had hatched upto like 70 or so eggs and then i get my shiny. Hooray! But suddenly, just after that, i decided to hatch my remaining eggs and the egg just after the shiny....WAS A SHINY!!!! {D:} AWESOME!!! ^^ Is this normal and did anything strange like this happen to you guys while on the search for a shiny?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    So i was masuada methoding to get a shiny eevee cuz i really wanted a shiny umbreon. I had hatched upto like 70 or so eggs and then i get my shiny. Hooray! But suddenly, just after that, i decided to hatch my remaining eggs and the egg just after the shiny....WAS A SHINY!!!! {D:} AWESOME!!! ^^ Is this normal and did anything strange like this happen to you guys while on the search for a shiny?

We already have an active Masuda Method shinies thread, so I'ma gonna merge your post with that.

le Merge

Anyway, that's pretty cool that you got 2 Masuda Method shinies in a row! Seriously, what are the chances of that?

Years
    281 Froakies ended in failure but 280/319 eggs hatched and my blue Zangoose named Logan is born! I'll be taking another break from shiny hatching b4 trying froakie or Lucario.

Years
    I've never gotten a Masuda Method shiny, probably because I've never been interested in shiny hunting haha. Maybe later on when I'm done with the post-game I'll try it out, but for now, I just stare in awe at the gigantic box of shinies my brother currently has n__n

Years
    I tried for one back in Pokemon White, but no luck. My brother was breeding for a female Tepig and before he got one, he got a shiny Tepig.. I had been trying for weeks and he got one in under an hour. I didn't believe him at first, but sure enough he got one. I'll try MM'ing here in the next couple of weeks I think in Pokemon Y :)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I hatched a shiny male chespin, with overgrow and 3ivs plus 4 egg moves today! I'll probably use it online, I named it FinnThePkmn

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    got a shiny machop after 99 eggs and a shiny beldum after only about 65. at first I would get impatient and give up after like 50 but it really works.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2018
    Seven boxes stuffed to the brim with Eevee's and still not a single shiny to be seen. Parents are male Canadian Vaporeon and foreign female Japanese Eevee. I'm not breeding for EV's or IV's. I'm halfway through my eighth box and it's starting to get frustrating. Dx

Should I switch to breeding with my home-caught Ditto or should I just stick with my Vaporeon?

Back