• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    So far I only have one question, has anybody succeeded with this using a destiny knot? ~_~

Pr3

Years
  • So far I only have one question, has anybody succeeded with this using a destiny knot? ~_~

Yes, I've had no problems. It guarantees that 5 stats will be transferred. So that's 5/12 stats - since destiny knot considers both parents. I wish it was just one :P. Anyway, I have 2 5IVs in my daycare, and it's pretty consistent.. though occasionally i get a bad one.

Btw, does anyone have a Jap Ditto that's Brave natured? If so, I'd like to trade him for something. I have other natured Jap dittos.

Years
  • for some odd reason ive gotten more shinys not using the masuda method

when it comes to destiny knot, ive bred like 10 diff pokes with perfect 5 ivs which is all thats needed most of the time.

Pr3

Years
  • I just got lucky and got a JAP Honedge with 4 perfect IVs ;_;. No more ditto hunting.. ty whoever you are xD.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Yes, I've had no problems. It guarantees that 5 stats will be transferred. So that's 5/12 stats - since destiny knot considers both parents. I wish it was just one :P. Anyway, I have 2 5IVs in my daycare, and it's pretty consistent.. though occasionally i get a bad one.

Btw, does anyone have a Jap Ditto that's Brave natured? If so, I'd like to trade him for something. I have other natured Jap dittos.

Just to be absolutely sure, you hatched a shiny while using the Destiny Knot? ~_~ I really need to know cause I hatched about 300+ eggs and I started to wonder if using Destiny Knot along with my everstone would mess up my chances. :(

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Gonna start MMing for a shiny litwick, this is the first gen that I have tried shiny hunting so I started with chain fishing and got a poliwhirl and relicanth. I'm gonna send relicanth off on wonder trade and make somebodies day =D

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Just to be absolutely sure, you hatched a shiny while using the Destiny Knot? ~_~ I really need to know cause I hatched about 300+ eggs and I started to wonder if using Destiny Knot along with my everstone would mess up my chances. :(

Looking at this again I realize how silly this looks since I asked again. Well I guess I'll get back to trying to breed a decent shiny flabebe.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    270 eggs for caterpie right now, and still have a lot of determination. last time tried for a shiny i only gave up on the third box, so going up to 8 boxes now is a big jump, and im not even bored since i have all 8 seasons of that 70's shows to keep me company, and all the halloween candy I can eat :D

I know some people may think I can prolly chain a caterpie in santalune forest, and get a shiny much easier, but I actually plan on using this butter free in random battles, so I'm breeding Modest nature for it. I feel bad that all my shinies are just sitting in my pc, collecting dust.. Plus I suck at chaining..only make it to like 15, and boom weedle!

Pr3

Years
  • ..only make it to like 15, and boom weedle!

Pro! Teach me your ways. I make like 6 and bam another pokemon lol.

GX-R: "Just to be absolutely sure, you hatched a shiny while using the Destiny Knot?
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?
    I really need to know cause I hatched about 300+ eggs and I started to wonder if using Destiny Knot along with my everstone would mess up my chances.
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?
    "

No, I haven't personally had success yet breeding MM. All my shiny are from the FS. However, ik plenty of people who have used the Knot and gotten shinies. Basically it's all down to luck, some people get it in the first 10.. other the last 13000. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a good IV trained shiny I can flaunt all over trades than a weak one collecting dust.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Pro! Teach me your ways. I make like 6 and bam another pokemon lol.

always go for the agressive shaking grass
    grass at least 4 tiles away from you is safe
    if you dont see the agressive grass, reset the pokeradae without leaving the grass patch
    find a nice grass patch possible 5x5 or a bit bigger
    buy 200 super repels
    edge grass might be dangerous, but i chained a few times with it, so it's prolly 50-50
    unregister all your key items except the radar

im actually just telling you what i read from a guide on serebii or was it here im not sure

Years
  • Took 1 and a quarter box but I finally bred a shiny Eevee. Best of all, it has perfect HP and Special Defense with overall outstanding potential. Now gonna try for a shiny perfect scyther.

Years
  • That's what I normally do, but I haven't got a Japanese ditto yet. Odds of getting one from a wonder trade are lowwww!

Maybe I'll get lucky and come across a Japanese pokemon I want to breed to use with my dittp.

I have a whole box full of dittos I use for breeding that came from all over the place. Some even with the imposter ability. I guess people don't really pay too much attention to a ditto's stats when they decide to trade one out. I've only ever caught one ditto in this game personally.. turned out to be a modest one.. but it still takes up way too much time to actively breed with it. I decided to try and get a ditto with all the basic natures I needed, which took some time to assemble.. but it's not impossible.

My suggestion really is grab some fossil pokemon from the Glittering Cave and ask for dittos. Fossil Pokes seem to trade really fast for some reason.. and I can pretty much guarantee that you'll get an international ditto from just a run or two. Wonder Trades are fun for really just getting rid of excess, but you rarely end up getting anything really useful out of it.

-- On topic, I haven't hatched any shinies yet. I'm trying to get a good team built before I do any heavy grinding on such things.

Pr3

Years
  • Finally got my shiny Onix!! Got her in the 1,982nd egg -_- I think it's safe to say I will not be MM for any shiny's for a long time after that!

Plz tell me you're joking. I get people who say they got their shiny in the first 30 eggs and then there's you and others. What kind of bell curve is this :P. Should I just give up after the first 100 eggs and try another pokemon? Cause that seems like the logical choice imo.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going after a shiny Pumpkaboo, though I'll probably get bored or something. The fact that I can Wonder Trade the extras makes me feel a lot better though, since Pumpkaboo is a trade evolution Pokemon.

Years
  • Plz tell me you're joking. I get people who say they got their shiny in the first 30 eggs and then there's you and others. What kind of bell curve is this :P. Should I just give up after the first 100 eggs and try another pokemon? Cause that seems like the logical choice imo.

I'm at 2079 eggs hatched and still haven't got my shiny Froakie... It's all about luck.

Back