• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I'm not using an everstone.

What's worse, is that now I really want a shiny eevee so that I can have a shiny Sylveon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been using an Everstone ever since my first egg, and I'm now at 2383 eggs hatched without a shiny Froakie. I have a few friends that have hatched their shiny Froakie in about 400-600 eggs though, so I don't think the Everstone is really the problem.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    As hard as they are to get, I hope they never reduce the rarity. It's been a royal pain in my butt, but having them be so hard to get (even with Pokeradar) makes them more special.

Are you listening devs? Don't make them easier to get.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    I really wish we knew for sure if everstone ups/or downs the chances. I wanna know if wasting my time trying to get a modest sylveon or if I should just take everstone off. But I don't want to risk getting a special attack lowering nature. >.>

Is it wrong I don't care about rarity? I just want a different coloured Pokemon. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    I don't know how people can do it that long either! Are you using an everstone? I'm wondering if people who are using everstones will have a longer wait than those who aren't? Or is it all chance?

Don't get me wrong I know it's satisfying when you've worked really hard to get your shiny but it's like ugh I just want a different coloured Pokemon already!

I bred a shiny eevee on the 219th egg using a Japanese modest ditto holding an everstone. So I don't think using an everstone interferes with the Masuda Method. Considering that the normal rate is 1/8192, I probably wouldn't have gotten it by 219 eggs unless I was very lucky. I'm planning to do it again with an everstone for another pokemon at some point and hopefully I'll get a shiny again within a few hundred.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Alright glad to know! :) I would be happy with any shiny sylveon but I wanted the ever stone to make sure I got a good nature for special attack. Thanks! Hope I eventually get my shiny! :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    Alright glad to know! :) I would be happy with any shiny sylveon but I wanted the ever stone to make sure I got a good nature for special attack. Thanks! Hope I eventually get my shiny! :)

Yeah me too, I was wondering the same at first and I kept checking google and forums to see what other people had to say, but I was still not too sure in the end. But I really wanted the nature to pass down, so I took my chances and I got him after 219 eggs so I was really happy. I have just evolved him to Sylveon. :D

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get a shiny Eevee eventually, and I'm more confident at this point that an everstone won't hinder your chances. Just keep trying and it'll come along sooner or later! :)

Years
  • Just found out a quicker and better way to breed for shiny Pokemon. It's working so far, but want to test it a bit and confirm that it actually works. Saves A LOT of space and time!! Promise to write a thread after I test it more.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Just found out a quicker and better way to breed for shiny Pokemon. It's working so far, but want to test it a bit and confirm that it actually works. Saves A LOT of space and time!! Promise to write a thread after I test it more.

Don't tease us. Come on with the info!

Pr3

Years
  • What I learned from Masuda's method... Mate with Asians if I want special children.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Foreign and in another language. AUS & US Pokemon don't work.

@GX-R

I've been trying. Give up after 15 ish. I watched a video of a guy do it, and he just kept resetting his radar until it was in one good spot each time. 3-5 hr ordeal. 40min video and in the end.. he didn't even show if he got a shiny. :P

Chaining made my head hurt, lmao. Well anyway, I'm semi-trying again with flabebe. I really really want to have that blue shiny one since I was trying for that in the first place (I caught an orange one), so now I'm using a blue flabebe with perfect everything but attack (wearing everstone) and a Jpn Ditto (holding destiny knot). I've got 2 and a half boxes filled up with eggs (going for 5 then I'll begin hatching). Hopefully I'll have better luck this time. :(

Years
  • Probably a silly question, but I'm new to the Masuda Method. I have a Japanese Ditto, if I wanted to try for a shiny Charmander would it have to be Japanese/foreign language as well?

HUF_DBC

Probably a silly question, but I'm new to the Masuda Method. I have a Japanese Ditto, if I wanted to try for a shiny Charmander would it have to be Japanese/foreign language as well?

The Pokemon youre breeding with the foreign (japanese) ditto should not be from the same region. So no.

You could breed the foriegn ditto with any other region except the region the dittos from

Ex: japanese ditto + american charmander = masuda method

japanese ditto + japanese charmander = NOT masuda method

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've been trying to get a shiny Tyrunt using the Masuda Methodfor like the past week, I think? I've been on and off the past couple of days. I think I have over 500 Tyrunt right now - maybe more or less. I literally have two boxes left until I have to get rid of them all... OTL

One of the Tyrunt I left in the daycare to make the eggs is almost level 100 now lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Another box full. It has to arrive soon, right? :/

Need moral support. Still grinding for a Honedge. :D Up past 300 hatched now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Can't get a shiny via masuda method

I got a shiny Gible after 18 tries without masuda method. Now I'm trying to get a shiny honedge with masuda method and its not working after 200 eggs hatched. Something is a bit strange here, or I'm just really lucky.
    What do you guys think?

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • Your chances (If we go by Gen V rates) is 1/1365 of obtaining a Shiny. The catch is, this doesn't mean hatching 1365 eggs means you're guaranteed a Shiny. So nothing strange is going on, you just got really lucky with your Gible. I hatched 370~ eggs before getting my shiny Eevee.

Back