• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
  • I believe I have, koff~

My first egg when breeding a Japanese Heracross and an American Venipede resulted in a gloriously pink Heracross. Wonderful, koffi~

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Hey, fellow Eevee hatchers. I'm just on my 800th! I think my patience is running out.. but anything for that fabulous blue Sylveon.

I did get a Japanese Ditto off Wondertrade, but now I'm using a Japanese Eevee for more eggs.

Pr3

Years
  • Yep, it's Protean and had Toxic Spikes, although I removed it for U-Turn. Thanks! Hope you get your shiny soon!

Omg, want my Mom?!.... xD

Side note: I got a Shiny Goomy today! So my perfect Shiny team is half way done! Shiny Goomy, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Honedge!
    Side note 2: Am I the only person with 200+ hrs already :S

Last edited:
    Years
  • I heard mixed results from people who have used Everstones on their Pokémon so I decided to test it out since I was lucky enough to get a modest Japanese Ditto. I saw a shiny Pyroar on Youtube and I decided that I had to have one so I started breeding them like crazy. It only took 90 tries with the Ditto holding the Everstone so I can safely say it doesn't hinder things. Sadly I want a male Litleo to go with the female so I need to breed more now but only like 10 of those 90 were male so I am like EEEEEEEK lol

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Hey guys I finally just got my Shiny Torchic! After only 38 eggs so I am really lucky. It even has the Speed Boost ability and a Rash nature (higher Sp. Att.) ^_^ super happy, I've wanted a Shiny Torchic when R/S/E came out, but never had that much patience :3 (he is now a Blaziken with Blazikenite) I used a Japanese Ditto :)

Now my second quest: Shiny Fennekin! ^_^ Good luck shiny hunting/breeding everyone!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hmm, koffi~

I wonder what a shiny Koffing will look like in these new games. I hope they swap out that god awful turquoise for something else. It always irked me when I saw one. The color scheme for shiny Koffings always gets me down. They were pretty cool looking in Pokemon Silver and Gold (Blue and Purple smoke) but the color changed and now I avoid the things. Very sad. I think I'll statr hunting my infamous shiny Zubat. I know I can find those without much hassle, as I've never had trouble finding them before. This is going to be an adventure, koffi~

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Sometimes I wonder if there are diffrent chanses to get diffrent shinies.
    For example, it seems like some shinies a lot of people gave gotten really quickly, often in less than 200 eggs, whilst others like the Honedge I'm trying to breed now, people seem to have trouble getting the rng to cooperate.
    I'm personally at 1,230 eggs Honedge eggs right now without any signs of a shiny appearing anytime soon. Are there actually anyone on here who have gotten a Shiny Honedge or know someone who have gotten one? I'm getting mentally tired now after a week of nothing but grinding for eggs :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Started breeding for a shiny Gastly after I got my shiny Froakie. On 403 eggs hatched so far, no shiny.

Wow, what a trooper! I'm surprised to hear that even after hatching over 2800 eggs for one shiny, gets up right away and starts hatching a second one :o

Also I must ask you, what method do you use to hatch eggs? 403 new ones already is really fast!
    Personally I go back and forth on Route 7 with a Flame Body Fletchinder and a Lv.3 Hatching O-Power and a 4 in recharge rate.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Hmm, koffi~

I wonder what a shiny Koffing will look like in these new games. I hope they swap out that god awful turquoise for something else. It always irked me when I saw one. The color scheme for shiny Koffings always gets me down. They were pretty cool looking in Pokemon Silver and Gold (Blue and Purple smoke) but the color changed and now I avoid the things. Very sad. I think I'll statr hunting my infamous shiny Zubat. I know I can find those without much hassle, as I've never had trouble finding them before. This is going to be an adventure, koffi~

Yes, I do so too, I kinda like shiny Koffing, although a "less-turquoise" would be appreciated indeed :3 I remember playing FireRed and wanted a shiny Koffing for ages and right at that exact moment, I encountered a shiny Koffing at Cinnabar Island ^_^

But yeah, hopes high because I noticed some shiny Pokemon are somewhat slightly different coloured in these games than the previous gens ^_^

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    ~100 eggs with a Japanese Bulbasaur and Ditto.. Nothing yet!

Cebreus

Anime Figure Collector~♪
    Years
  • Only just joined today (Hello all~♪) and I noticed the Masuda Method on the forums here so I had to put something in here.

Managed to get a Shiny Ralts♂ (Now a Gallade) after 230 eggs using the Masuda Method, now trying to get a Shiny Pumpkaboo, no luck so far after 335 eggs, will still keep going!

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • 300+ Larvestas and no luck..... 3000 steps assuming you use both talonflame AND hatching O power 3....... (that makes me really sad).... Is larvesta obtainable from safaris at least?

Cebreus

Anime Figure Collector~♪
    Years
  • 300+ Larvestas and no luck..... 3000 steps assuming you use both talonflame AND hatching O power 3....... (that makes me really sad).... Is larvesta obtainable from safaris at least?

Yep that they are, one of my Friends Safari's is a Bug type which does contain a Larvesta, so you can indeed obtain one from a Safari.

Years
  • Wow, what a trooper! I'm surprised to hear that even after hatching over 2800 eggs for one shiny, gets up right away and starts hatching a second one :o

Also I must ask you, what method do you use to hatch eggs? 403 new ones already is really fast!
    Personally I go back and forth on Route 7 with a Flame Body Fletchinder and a Lv.3 Hatching O-Power and a 4 in recharge rate.

I posted a thread about it a few days ago, but most people don't seem to understand it. It's really helpful too, saves time and space for me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I'm trying to breed a shiny Eevee(though, I'm not sure which Eeeveelution I want yet...)
    I'm on my third box of Eevee; and with my luck, I know I'll have to fill many boxes before a shiny shows up. ^^'

Kaitou

Demonic Archangel
    Years
  • My first MM shiny was a Dratini. I was breeding one so I can have another HA Dratini to trade. 3rd egg... bam, shiny! No hidden ability though. :( But now that I'm trying to get a shiny Charmander, I'm at 7 boxes. None yet. Haven't lost hope yet. XD

Back